Can anyone explain me how this happened?

Ed  Ed Game Moderator

I got on last night or afternoon when the update was just up and i got a pack
Watered everything one time except the one alive which i gave the rest of the water in the bucket but still it was the same time
Now i woke up and the 4 dead plants are still watered the one alive was dry
Do we have to water them multiple times or once every 12 hours or? I really dont want to wake up at 4am to water my crops

@CosmicCow @SirKewberth

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Once a day should be plenty. I grew 3 runs of crops on the live server before we released and never had any plants die and only ever watered once. I'm not sure why they would die unless there's a bug we're unaware of. Cosmic will need to look in the morning.
  • I planted my tomatoes and watered about 7 hours ago and I went to check on them just now and they were dry. Isn't supposed to be 24 hrs? @CosmicCow @SirKewberth
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Keep in mind crops have to be on top of soil that is clear to grow. Crops will die in dark realms. It needs normal sunny stamp. Crops will die if they're covered by blocks over top of them. So these are some reasons you may be running into trouble. Build your farms in ways that make sense.
    It should be 24 hrs yes.. Crops should not dry in 7 hrs.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    edited August 2017

The last one died too and i just watered it
    This is how they look when dead right?
    @SirKewberth

EDIT: so they will die with an inside stamp?
  • Yeah that's definitely looks dead to me
    edited August 2017
    the one on top is dead... are you crops in a dark realm? It looks like dark skin. No sun they die... They need to be in a normal environment. And not covered.
  • the one on top is dead... are you crops in a dark realm? It looks like dark skin. No sun they die... They need to be in a normal environment. And not covered.

What if the realm has a stamp on it? Does that effect the plants?
    It needs to be regular white cloudy realm -- no realm stamps - no bottomless / red murk / darkness / snow etc... - has to be a regular realm with no stamps.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Someone should update the farming guides with those details too :P
    Thanks for taking your time to answer @SirKewberth
    This can be closed i suppose
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    Imo, all this should be put into an official thread or added to the wiki because that info isn't there.
  • rest in peace all my potatoes
  • Rip Ed's plants... :(
  • My crop got dried out after 10 hours and my realm have no stamp or block on top of crops also it takes tooooo long to open cc store im on samsung device and My realm name is alex william01.
    @SirKewberth
  • Is this true? Plants dry in 7 hours only?! :o
    I have never seen plants die in under a day. I setup several test farms on the live server before we released. Now bugs are always possible. I can't say for sure what is happening in everyone's individual cases, but by design you should not have to water the plants more than once a day.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    So, just to be clear, plants die in a bottomless realm too? Because mine has a cloudy bottomless, and it seems all fine.
  • I have never seen plants die in under a day. I setup several test farms on the live server before we released. Now bugs are always possible. I can't say for sure what is happening in everyone's individual cases, but by design you should not have to water the plants more than once a day.

Maybe because I have an old device or you could check my realm 'alex william01' there is nothing wrong there but i got 3 crops dried out in 10 hours. (Thank god my crops didnt died xD)
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Ed said:

Someone should update the farming guides with those details too :P
    Thanks for taking your time to answer @SirKewberth
    This can be closed i suppose

Yeah I agree, it's a bit of an oversight to release without details, like "ha, your crops died because we didn't tell you that you need to use no stamp..." I wonder if a rain stamp would still work, if not then you can't use the "use logic" excuse >:3
  • I have never seen plants die in under a day. I setup several test farms on the live server before we released. Now bugs are always possible. I can't say for sure what is happening in everyone's individual cases, but by design you should not have to water the plants more than once a day.

Just randomly...:

Bad dirt : 3 days to grow . water the plant each day
    Medium dirt: 2 days to grow. water the plant each 12 hours
    Great dirt: 1 day to grow. water the plant each 8 hours.

Possible mistake?

Just randomly...:

Bad dirt : 3 days to grow . water the plant each day
    Medium dirt: 2 days to grow. water the plant each 12 hours
    Great dirt: 1 day to grow. water the plant each 8 hours.

Possible mistake?

I have the rocky soil(worst soil) still dried out in 10 hours. It could be a bug or it is happening to few players?
    Yeah i added it to learning realm and asked to have details added to wiki. Lots of moving parts in this update and there's some learning curve. I understand its frustrating to have plants die because you didn't know some details. It's not always 100% obvious to us what we forget to mention or what may be confusing before we launch because we've been living with it for so long.

So, just to be clear, plants die in a bottomless realm too? Because mine has a cloudy bottomless, and it seems all fine.

To be safe I'd say normal stamp but I'm not 100% certain. Cosmic can maybe verify if bottomless is ok or not.
  • So, just to be clear, plants die in a bottomless realm too? Because mine has a cloudy bottomless, and it seems all fine.

To be safe I'd say normal stamp but I'm not 100% certain. Cosmic can maybe verify if bottomless is ok or not.
    Bottomless is fine too.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    OK. Thanks!
  • Yeah i added it to learning realm and asked to have details added to wiki. Lots of moving parts in this update and there's some learning curve. I understand its frustrating to have plants die because you didn't know some details. It's not always 100% obvious to us what we forget to mention or what may be confusing before we launch because we've been living with it for so long.

@SirKewberth sorry but what learning realm?
    edited August 2017

Yeah i added it to learning realm and asked to have details added to wiki. Lots of moving parts in this update and there's some learning curve. I understand its frustrating to have plants die because you didn't know some details. It's not always 100% obvious to us what we forget to mention or what may be confusing before we launch because we've been living with it for so long.

I believe in the door within Farmer's Co-Op.
  • Yeah i added it to learning realm and asked to have details added to wiki. Lots of moving parts in this update and there's some learning curve. I understand its frustrating to have plants die because you didn't know some details. It's not always 100% obvious to us what we forget to mention or what may be confusing before we launch because we've been living with it for so long.

Go to the Co-Op, then walk straight, there will be a portal, the details are in there.
    it's a door off the farmer's coop i added today to help