How long will this game last?

So, one day I had a somewhat virtual existential crisis and wondered about why I'm playing this game, and how long the game will last as a whole.

What I mean is, I pondered on whether or not the creators are financially stable or motivated enough to continue this game, for say, 5 more years. Maybe CC will be sold to a larger company, such as Disney, or it just won't grow much and will slowly die out until the developers are unable to gather enough profit from the game.

Overall I'm hoping that the game can continue for maybe 10 years (although that is a huge stretch) and serve the community well.

Comments

• Hoxis said:

So, one day I had a somewhat virtual existential crisis and wondered about why I'm playing this game, and how long the game will last as a whole.

What I mean is, I pondered on whether or not the creators are financially stable or motivated enough to continue this game, for say, 5 more years. Maybe CC will be sold to a larger company, such as Disney, or it just won't grow much and will slowly die out until the developers are unable to gather enough profit from the game.

Overall I'm hoping that the game can continue for maybe 10 years (although that is a huge stretch) and serve the community well.

Atm, I think CC is at the beginning of his growth. They added it in steam so more people will discover it. After, as you said, all depends on devs' mind state and motivation. And I sincerely hope it will last as long as possible :)
  • Yes, I'm guessing that CC's current state is nowhere near the end. Judging by the livelihood, the developers are probably getting more than enough income they require in order to build onto the game.
  • Well I once saw kewberth say that cc made the earn more than what it costs to host the server
    I doubt they close/sell a game that earns more than it loses
  • All I have to say is, the cubic castles Community is still growing there's a possibility that CC will move on to a advance and better future.
  • I hope it will last for 15+ years so that I'll find a job and by me some cubits
  • Actually I don't think for that long if this stays like this,I'm not saying from my opinion but from statistics there is actually something called Google Trends!It shows how many people search stuff about Cubic Castles,the game had a BOOM when it came out in Steam in August 2014 but that lasted not so long for only 1 month,and then began to be less searched it had some raises on popularity but as they seem they always were followed by less popularity and when it rose it was mainly when there were events like October (Halloween),December (Yuletide/Christmas),etc.

And if you look it will show you that the countries who search Cubic Castles the most,coming in first place Philippine,in second Romania,but what people search mostly about "Cubic Castles" is cubic castles crafting,cubic castles,cubic castles hack,so yup you can see that many people want to make free cubits (by the third most searched cubic castles term)!

Don't be sad tho Cubic Castles is a very young game with a huge potential and the trends (the chart) is kinda the thing you would call "Un-Stable" why?
    Because it just goes up and down,up and down,again and again,that means sometimes something attracts players but then it gets boring and then something new gets out and again makes the game fun.

So I would say;If we are lucky,it can last,if we are not,it wont last!And who has a big part on this "luck" the developers,if they make new events more competitions I guarantee you,this game will be here for a very long time!

Sorry for the long comment and thanks for reading :D
  • DullachanDullachan Member
    edited August 2017
    On games like these run soley by it's players, i'd imagine its existence be decided by them.

If the players leave, the game would just be an empty and dead server.

The players also help provide the game and its company funds by buying Cubits from the Cubit Store.

All in all in my opinion, it's up to the players and what they decide to do.

But hey, i'm just a cripplingly introverted 15 year old programming nerd wearing glasses using big words even said 15 year old doesn't know. ( ゚ヮ゚)
  • Im guessing until like 2020-2023.
  • RightMakerRightMaker PhilippinesMember
    If the game would end i did just waste my 2 years existence...
  • LiteRary said:

Why cc would end and how? Why not endless, until die... Etc. I have never see a game was end and removed. ???

Many games have died,you just don't recognize because people play mostly mainstream games,but here's a list of games you may have heard that are dead:

Club Penguin
    City of Heroes
    Okami
    Age of Empires
    Others

And why games would end,you ask?Those games especially MMO's pay to keep their servers up and take time to make updates and you have to pay your staff for updates.

So the reason is:Money,if there is no money it will be very hard to create a game and maintain it,especially if you are alone the most successful game made solo is Undertale,amazing story and everything but the graphics are ehh,pixels.Why because apps for coloring and creating characters can cost up to 600$ both.
  • SpaceChickenSpaceChicken Member
    edited August 2017
    llBIMBYll said:

I hope it will last for 15+ years so that I'll find a job and by me some cubits

15+ years for you to find a job.....??????????
    Sculpture said:

LiteRary said:

Why cc would end and how? Why not endless, until die... Etc. I have never see a game was end and removed. ???

Many games have died,you just don't recognize because people play mostly mainstream games,but here's a list of games you may have heard that are dead:

Club Penguin
    City of Heroes
    Okami
    Age of Empires
    Others

And why games would end,you ask?Those games especially MMO's pay to keep their servers up and take time to make updates and you have to pay your staff for updates.

So the reason is:Money,if there is no money it will be very hard to create a game and maintain it,especially if you are alone the most successful game made solo is Undertale,amazing story and everything but the graphics are ehh,pixels.Why because apps for coloring and creating characters can cost up to 600$ both.
    Yes rip club penguin :C i didnt even get to play it much...but we gotta waddle on xD
  • *>Remo<* said:

llBIMBYll said:

Sculpture said:

LiteRary said:

Club Penguin
    City of Heroes
    Okami
    Age of Empires
    Others

Yes rip club penguin :C i didnt even get to play it much...but we gotta waddle on xD
    Yeah lol I was a Beta in Club Penguin dem memories,I spent so much money on membership lol I can't imagine hehe
  • SpaceChickenSpaceChicken Member
    edited August 2017
    Sculpture said:

*>Remo<* said:

llBIMBYll said:

Sculpture said:

LiteRary said:

Club Penguin
    City of Heroes
    Okami
    Age of Empires
    Others

Yeah lol I was a Beta in Club Penguin dem memories,I spent so much money on membership lol I can't imagine hehe

XDDD
  • *>Remo<* said:

Sculpture said:

*>Remo<* said:

llBIMBYll said:

Sculpture said:

LiteRary said:

Club Penguin
    City of Heroes
    Okami
    Age of Empires
    Others

XDDD
    Racism at it's fullest and the WWII memes you could make out of that video are infinite XD
  • Sculpture said:

LiteRary said:

Club Penguin
    City of Heroes
    Okami
    Age of Empires
    Others

How could age of empires die? For the most part it's still not online.
  • I hope that cc doesn't get sold to disney, cause club penguin died because............it was owned by disney.
    Also they made club penguin island.......I DON'T WANT TO SEE A "Cubic Castles Adventures".
    That would ruin my life ;^;
  • I hope that cc doesn't get sold to disney, cause club penguin died because............it was owned by disney.
    Also they made club penguin island.......I DON'T WANT TO SEE A "Cubic Castles Adventures".

I hope that cc doesn't get sold to disney, cause club penguin died because............it was owned by disney.

saaaameeeeee ;^;
  • Sculpture said:

*>Remo<* said:

Sculpture said:

*>Remo<* said:

llBIMBYll said:

Sculpture said:

LiteRary said:

Club Penguin
    City of Heroes
    Okami
    Age of Empires
    Others

XDDD
    Racism at it's fullest and the WWII memes you could make out of that video are infinite XD
    oooh I love a good scary documentary...