New Forum Features

HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
edited March 2016 in General Chat
As many of you noticed already, I've added a few additions and made a couple of changes to our forums.

They are as follows:

- Karma store
Lets you buy ranks using karma. They change colours too!

- User ignore
This lets you ignore certain people and have their posts/activity hidden from your eyes. To use it, simply go to someone's profile and click the ignore button on the top right.

- Profile edit function.
You can now edit your profile and add some details like your clan and level.

- New profile page layout
Your details now have a new neat format.

- Friendships
Lets you add people to your profile page for easy access, however, you need to be a familiar to request friendships! (Spam prevention). To add someone, go to their profile and click send friendship request on the bottom left. To deny a request, you need to accept it and then remove the friend by going into his profile. (Experimental)

- Discussions now have the creator's name and avatar on the left.

- New sidebar links.

- Minor adjustments to the forum layout.

I've tested and adjusted everything I could find, but if I've missed something, please do tell me via a private message! :)

Comments

• CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Thank you for all these great new features :3
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    I've to agree with Cortana here. Amazing job,all those features improved our forums.
    Once more, thank you :D
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Very nice features, love them all, especially the Friend List!

EDIT: Keep getting emails when someone adds me as a friend, there is no way to turn this off :P
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Unfortunately, no. You have to mark it as spam. However, I changed the friendship feature a bit and now only familiars can send requests. This should stop the spam. But normal members can still accept requests from familiars. :)
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    I love it! But Karma hoarder :v
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Will we be expecting more ranks for higher amount of Karma?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

Will we be expecting more ranks for higher amount of Karma?

I assume yes, keeps the karma system interesting.
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    Thanks Horus! This forum just keeps getting better and better :) I love it so much already
  • edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2016
    The mobile version is highly simplified, some features aren't visible at the moment. However, you could still access it with the proper links I suppose. Not sure how it affects the mobile devices yet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SeiichiSeiichi Anime WorldMember
    Good Update in Forums :D
  • Horus the ever hard worker ^_^
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Little question:

Why do we have to spend karma point to change rank? Is there any other use in futur for karma point?

Because if karma point is only dedicated for rank, why not drive it automatic?
    (sorry if the question has already been asked^^)

Ty =)

That's where vanilla forums is limiting me, they don't provide automatic rank distribution unless you're hosting it from their site. It is still open source, but they kept a few features.

This is a workaround, and it's pretty good. Just something different than normal boring ranks, and karma can be used for other things in the future.

Wurfino said:

Just a suggestion:
    Example:

Screenshot_2016-03-18-11-40-43-1
    Administrator ranks gives a Red Background from a topic / reply.
    Members gets a normal plain white background.
    Since there is a Familiar Rank that gives a Green Colour on our ranks, Why not a Green background? (: This would make other forumers to buy a Rank for 5 Karma Points most of the time.

But yeah, Just a suggestion. No hate. Haha.

I wish the post background colours to be reserved for our staff only, otherwise it would turn the forums into a rainbow.
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member
    edited March 2016
    Horus said:

I wish the post background colours to be reserved for our staff only, otherwise it would turn the forums into a rainbow.

rainbow rank hype!!! lmao
    edited March 2016
    Changes - More sidebar links.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Horus said:

Changes - More sidebar links.

Awesome! Quicker access to support! :)
    719matmat said:

Horus said:

rainbow rank hype!!! lmao
    Haha just imagine xD
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    I love the new features.

I don't like a white screen because I keep my room darkened (light hurts my eyes) but I also can't see colors unless they are on this white screen. I can't see any other colors in the new ranks except for the staff's red & if it were on any other color background, I would not be able to read them, not even the red ones. Being seceptable to light & being color blind really sucks. Keep it like this is best for me.
  • odikaodika Member
    Great!