About to do a server restart

After the server restarted, you will notice that any "stacked" watering cans will return to their raw materials. We had a bug that allowed craftmax to work to make stacks of watering cans.

In addition, any full watering can with more than 10 water in it will also revert back to raw materials.

Thanks for your patience- sorry about the bug.

Comments

• Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited August 2017
    Aw i thought it's the farm update or the rainbow umbrella <_<
    But thanks anyways!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Yay! :D I love this, them bug-abusers have wasted their time.
  • CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited August 2017

Yay! :D I love this, them bug-abusers have wasted their time.

Well really, hitting "craft max" doesn't take much time. But anyway, I had warned about this already, so it's probably no surprise.

EDIT: This is now done.
    EDIT2: Well that was a little rough. Had to restart for a second time.
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited August 2017
    nvm
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    edited August 2017
    I'm a little bit ticked off that this was even considered a bug. Prohibiting people from watering more than 10 plots at a time seems to lack a point other than to try to screw people over. Like, hey we know that watering a giant farm is gonna take forever so why don't we make it take EVEN LONGER.

Why does having 200 water in a watering can mean you're "abusing a bug"? It's not like it isn't gonna still take forever to walk around watering 200 plots. Honestly, I have a lot of patience for you guys, but between the delay with the cars update, the delay and early previews of the farm update, and now the "fixing" of irrelevant and non-damaging bugs just to screw over players, I'm just about done.

And if the excuse for "fixing this bug" is that we're supposed to be using sprinklers, just don't even bother saying it. Sprinklers don't work the way you say they will, they don't have a realistic way of working, and they just seem so impractical that I don't even know why they are going to be added in the first place.

The small sprinklers were supposed to water four blocks? Well, they water 6. They should water in a 1 or 2 block radius all around them, since that's how REAL SPRINKLERS ACTUALLY WORK. And having to place them in the middle of a farm, interrupting the spacing of plots and making it so you can't have square plots is ridiculously inconvenient.

This is an impractical, inconvenient, inconsiderate, and irresponsible excuse for a set of updates.
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    Can't please everyone :p

I'm a little bit ticked off that this was even considered a bug. Prohibiting people from watering more than 10 plots at a time seems to lack a point other than to try to screw people over. Like, hey we know that watering a giant farm is gonna take forever so why don't we make it take EVEN LONGER.

Why does having 200 water in a watering can mean you're "abusing a bug"? It's not like it isn't gonna still take forever to walk around watering 200 plots. Honestly, I have a lot of patience for you guys, but between the delay with the cars update, the delay and early previews of the farm update, and now the "fixing" of irrelevant and non-damaging bugs just to screw over players, I'm just about done.

And if the excuse for "fixing this bug" is that we're supposed to be using sprinklers, just don't even bother saying it. Sprinklers don't work the way you say they will, they don't have a realistic way of working, and they just seem so impractical that I don't even know why they are going to be added in the first place.

The small sprinklers were supposed to water four blocks? Well, they water 6. They should water in a 1 or 2 block radius all around them, since that's how REAL SPRINKLERS ACTUALLY WORK. And having to place them in the middle of a farm, interrupting the spacing of plots and making it so you can't have square plots is ridiculously inconvenient.

This is an impractical, inconvenient, inconsiderate, and irresponsible excuse for a set of updates.

Go to Control Panel, "Uninstall Games", under C's find Cubic Castles, right click then press uninstall.
    edited August 2017

Go to Control Panel, "Uninstall Games", under C's find Cubic Castles, right click then press uninstall.
    The funniest part is that there are a number of things you have protested and no one mocked you for it, but I guess the same rights don't apply to everyone?

My comment was not intended to get your backlash, Peng, though I couldn't care less if I get it or not.

My comment was intended to make the developers think about their decisions, because lately it doesn't appear as though they have been.
    "no one mocked you for it" At least I know you don't have access to my forums account. Why do you think I have started to become more quiet? :)

"no one mocked you for it" At least I know you don't have access to my forums account. Why do you think I have started to become more quiet? :)

Well, I didn't mock you for it. And I'd appreciate if you'd extend the same courtesy to me.
  • CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited August 2017
    @AshiMagari

1. Nobody is forcing you to farm. It's a totally optional component of the game and it's an extremely low-cost sub game. I can see questioning @SirKewberth's design decisions, bit to imply we did it out of greed or malice... Well I just don't know how to reply. I mean SirKewberth isn't messaging me and saying, "Hey Cos, let's screw over our players! I know we gain nothing from it, but let's do it just because we're mean". It's a game design thing, pure and simple.

3. We said right from the beginning that 10 was going to be the limit. It isn't like we arbitrarily decided after-the-fact. Farming isn't even out yet.

3. As far as delays go- we're doing our best to provide good updates and improve Cubic Castles overall. It takes time.

You're a good long-time player and I value your input. If your problems go beyond this change, and you're over-reacting as the result of something else, feel free to PM me.

PS Please end the personal stuff, Ash and Penguin. This thread isn't the place for it.
  • LiteRary said:

Probably bug fixed, because i can make any amount of water in can in realm, but when i leave from realm materials comes back, if i don't exit or leave it never fix...

Wait, what? Can I see a screenshot of you making more than 10 water in a can?
    I was questioning why it was considered a bug. I did not mean to imply that changing it was done out of greed, I just could not see any other reason behind it, and I still do not, though I apologize if my questioning seemed more like a harsh demand for answers. I did not mean to imply that you are purposefully screwing over players, just that that is the only apparent consequence of this change from my perspective and I do not know why.
  • I was questioning why it was considered a bug. I did not mean to imply that changing it was done out of greed, I just could not see any other reason behind it, and I still do not, though I apologize if my questioning seemed more like a harsh demand for answers. I did not mean to imply that you are purposefully screwing over players, just that that is the only apparent consequence of this change from my perspective and I do not know why.

Okay, good response and fair enough to question the design itself. I will let @SirKewberth take it from here about Farming games and design. One last note, a sprinkler watering six blocks was just a bug in beta, long since fixed.
  • CosmicCow said:

LiteRary said:

Probably bug fixed, because i can make any amount of water in can in realm, but when i leave from realm materials comes back, if i don't exit or leave it never fix...

Same thing happened to me, the post of me saying 'nvm' was actually telling you to tp me because i still had the 30 watering can... but when i left the realm, i got the materials

• LiteRary said:

CosmicCow said:

LiteRary said:

Wait, i can't do it now, but it was happen before, idk how?!? But even will too saw it. Have a look to that.
    I get it now, thanks.

• I'm actually kinda happy you guys fixed this, but I'm not sure if this was supposed to happen or not, but I didn't get the water back, i got my 696 iron and yellow dye back, xD I know its a lot Lolo. And no water crie
  • There's a but that happened to me recently , In The Newbie helping center orrr idk the exact name . I was sitting on a sofa, then 5 seconds after sitting, I fell through the ground . tried to replicate but I couldnt . idk if there was layers of blocks under it .
  • Welp, i can't help but wonder how the faces of those many poor souls looked when their 100+ watering cans just disassembled, the ones they bought. Like, I'm pretty sure some players exploited that bug for cubits... Considering the amount of scammers and etc.

Also love the fact that it is indeed 10 uses and not 100, alot more realistic in a way, unless @AshiMagari was planning on giving each crop a small drop of water XD
  • Bought many stacked water cans and got disassembled ( Awww ) Also anyone had any specific date for the farm pack.. I dying in waiting for the pack ayieeee ;b
  • so i opened my chest that had watering can
    all of them we're iron yellow dye and water
    except for this one
    it had a full watering can icon
    and it had 0 written on it
    i put in my inventory
    when i put it back in the chest it just disappeared
    except for this one
    i put in my inventory

Welp... another bug to fix. Rip.
    except for this one
    i put in my inventory

@-Joystick- beat you to this one. Fixed the cause of it late last night.
  • CosmicCow said:

so i opened my chest that had watering can
    except for this one
    i put in my inventory

@-Joystick- beat you to this one. Fixed the cause of it late last night.
    If I'm right, we can't redo this bug because we can't fill more than 1 watering can with water at a time. So yeah, this bughas been fixed :)