Dropping your items!

Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
edited August 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
I suggest new ways to how items act when dropped:
  • When a player drops an item, if they relog/leave/banned the item which is dropped it auto added back to their inventory. (doesn't work if the realm is theirs, or the items are glassed)
  • When an item is dropped, the realm owner cannot pick them (if you're building with someone, and you must give them stuff, there is /trade and drop the said item on the player.) and when the player who dropped said item leaves/ban/relogs etc, it's auto added back as I said above.
This stops drop game scams, littering etc.

Items dropped on Donation Tables will not be given back, as well, it's a "donation"

@SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yup this would be handy... though i think more of the first 5 minutes it cant be picked up
  • How about donations tables and gifts ?
    -1, players should always be careful when dropping anything .
  • edited August 2017
    Also sometimes I drop items in someone elses realm accidently. Maybe add a option saying 'Are you sure you want to drop X item?'.
    That would be really good to see in game.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    -Gundam- said:

How about donations tables and gifts ?
    -1, players should always be careful when dropping anything .

"Items dropped on a donation tables will not be given back, as well, it's a "donation""
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Yeah I think this is a valid idea drop games are something that do need fixing in some way I feel
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    If I left the house and someone told me and another random person that if we drop our wallets then the one with the most money can keep it all, I would say to him "No, good Sir, I think not! Good Day!"

Seriously though, a pretty good idea, could imagine some annoying things/flaws coming from it though.

Siddd said:

If I left the house and someone told me and another random person that if we drop our wallets then the one with the most money can keep it all, I would say to him "No, good Sir, I think not! Good Day!"

Seriously though, a pretty good idea, could imagine some annoying things/flaws coming from it though.

Yeah when you put it in real word context it sounds ridiculous XD maybe we should just use it for the system message..
  • I really agree with this
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Siddd said:

Yeah when you put it in real word context it sounds ridiculous XD maybe we should just use it for the system message..
    System message: "dont do anything you wouldnt do in real life"
    Hmmm that sounds actually a bit good
  • nice one!!
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Hrm... Something to ponder. I do think littering is annoying so there might be something to the idea of auto pickups of dropped items as you leave a realm.
  • +1Million
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    "When an item is dropped, the realm owner cannot pick them"

Are you insane? lol. The realm owner always needs access to items dropped or this is gonna be a litter troll update.
    gdog said:

Are you insane? lol. The realm owner always needs access to items dropped or this is gonna be a litter troll update.

i think it should only work in that context if the idea items go back to inventory when you leave is also applied thus removing trash by leaving.
    although people could litter and afk for the trolls..
  • +10
    this is gonna save some "accidental drops" lol
  • gdog said:

maybe they should return to the inventory after a limited amount of time?
    edited August 2017

gdog said:

i think it should only work in that context if the idea items go back to inventory when you leave is also applied thus removing trash by leaving.
    although people could litter and afk for the trolls..
    Still don't agree. I have enough reports recently and going back awhile of people littering in others realms. This is just enabling that. Realm owners always need to be able to pick stuff up in their realm. Don't wanna lose an item? Don't drop it in other peoples realms.
    We already punish drop games if evidence is supplied, so I don't see why we need to change this. Especially as it will open the door to trolling.

Yeah you've mentioned that when someone leaves/kicked etc items are returned. Well this could be used as a new reverse scam if you think about it.
    eg. ill give you my black cat for a roman hat. the qbee agrees and the first player drops the cat and then receives the roman in their inventory. They then leave the realm and the cat is returned to their inventory when they leave.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    gdog said:

My suggestion also says, when the player who drop said items leave, the items go back to said players inventory- unless items are on a donation table...
    edited August 2017

gdog said:

My suggestion also says, when the player who drop said items leave, the items go back to said players inventory- unless items are on a donation table...
    and my 2nd comment? and afk trolls.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited August 2017
    gdog said:

gdog said:

and my 2nd comment?
    That's their fault for not doing it in reg, yes my idea may not be 100% anti-scam, but it stops littering. No one can say it's not annoying seeing the litter everywhere... and it'd help Mabz's as people cannot drop their items, dc, and try ask Mabz's for it back- it'd be auto added back
  • Or they could add a bumper or block that keeps people from throwing out items anywhere except for the donation tables. Only people with perms would be able to drop things.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Well won't items still despawn after 20 minutes so it wouldn't matter if they went afk anyways?
  • Now I won't have to see Black Umbrellas in the lobby just dropped
  • I do like the auto add back to inventory if you leave/get banned/lose connection/etc.

I played another game (Glitch - now defunct) where if someone dropped something, another player couldn't pick it up for a certain time limit (a couple of minutes) to keep other players from stealing something that was accidentally dropped. After the time limit, anyone could pick it up. Having a short time limit in conjunction with the auto add back, might be worth considering.

Don't know if such a time limit could be extended to mining where someone mines a block and a rude player jumps on the mined blocks (or stands right behind the player as they are mining to try to collect the blocks) before the original player has time to pick up what they mined. Wouldn't need to be minutes, but could at least be like 5-10 second delay to prevent the rude players from stealing blocks immediately, but with such a short delay it would still enable people to mine in teams where one mines and the other gathers. Maybe it only works for those that have the attractor perk as it now gives me the warning that things I drop will despawn in 20 minutes after I got the perk, so it sounds like the block is somehow linked to me anyway.
  • I think it would be pretty cool.
    I do not understand very well xD
  • PontoZenPontoZen Member
    edited August 2017
    What if you drop an item and someone glasses it ?
  • b3achy said:

I do like the auto add back to inventory if you leave/get banned/lose connection/etc.

I played another game (Glitch - now defunct) where if someone dropped something, another player couldn't pick it up for a certain time limit (a couple of minutes) to keep other players from stealing something that was accidentally dropped. After the time limit, anyone could pick it up. Having a short time limit in conjunction with the auto add back, might be worth considering.

Don't know if such a time limit could be extended to mining where someone mines a block and a rude player jumps on the mined blocks (or stands right behind the player as they are mining to try to collect the blocks) before the original player has time to pick up what they mined. Wouldn't need to be minutes, but could at least be like 5-10 second delay to prevent the rude players from stealing blocks immediately, but with such a short delay it would still enable people to mine in teams where one mines and the other gathers. Maybe it only works for those that have the attractor perk as it now gives me the warning that things I drop will despawn in 20 minutes after I got the perk, so it sounds like the block is somehow linked to me anyway.

i like the limiting of block when mining because i don't use the attractor perk so the cubit perk will work, and once in a while a person will come up and take by blocks, it gets pretty annoying. maybe a 1 minute waiting before anyone can pick it up?