My Antivirus Quarantines Cubic Castles And Says That It Has A Virus????? Please Help

I went to try and open cubic castles, but the update wouldn't work so I restarted my PC. I managed to get on to cubic castles but when i logged on, it force closed and my antivirus (mcafee) told me they detected infected files and quarantined them. I use cubic castles on steam but I don't think that is the reason. Please help me find out what his problem is because I have been playing this game for a year and this has never happened before.

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    It does, there was a reason for it. I think it's cause it's a fresh update its "unsafe",
    @CosmicCow
  • to be honest never trust anti virus apps they're just full of trash
  • Where did you download the game ?
  • I downloaded it from steam

• I downloaded it from steam

Then the worse virus you could find is the antivirus itself . Wich one is it ?
  • I use mcafee and it is a very reliable anti virus
  • I use mcafee and it is a very reliable anti virus

That Anti-virus application looks like a scam from 2005. It looks very outdated, sketchy and unreliable. lmao
  • Liberated said:

I use mcafee and it is a very reliable anti virus

That Anti-virus application looks like a scam from 2005. It looks very outdated, sketchy and unreliable. lmao
    Nah . It always insult to make you pay, like the others , but mcafee don't put things in quarantine to make you pay . If it did it, it must have noticed something wrong.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    I use avast which is probably the best free one. mcafee and norton suck.
    Now when new builds of cc come out avast will occasionally check it or upload it to their database as its a new .exe that no one else has really used yet. This is your antivirus working correctly. If you struggle you can disable shields which will let you install/play.
  • gdog said:

I use avast which is probably the best free one. mcafee and norton suck.
    Now when new builds of cc come out avast will occasionally check it or upload it to their database as its a new .exe that no one else has really used yet. This is your antivirus working correctly. If you struggle you can disable shields which will let you install/play.

Don't worry. I was able to resolve the problem :3
  • I use MalwareBytes it's an amazing Anti-Virus,you have a trail at first then you have to pay,but don't expect to have a virus when using that :D
  • Can you re-download and report back? I re-signed CC and put 1.79b live.