Quick status update

Comments

• Any news devs?
  • Any news devs?

Android and Windows Standalone clients just rolled out. Please pay special attention to Android, as we changed some stuff about how the game is displayed, it now hides the android navigation buttons. So we're just waiting on iOS. This is for the Summer Bummer Pack.
  • CosmicCow said:

Any news devs?

Android and Windows Standalone clients just rolled out. Please pay special attention to Android, as we changed some stuff about how the game is displayed, it now hides the android navigation buttons. So we're just waiting on iOS. This is for the Summer Bummer Pack.
    How do you stand with farming?
  • Djedo said:

CosmicCow said:

Any news devs?

How do you stand with farming?
    It looks good, but we're not going to roll it out at the same time as the Summer Pack- too many variables to manage.

• CosmicCow said:

Any news devs?

So the farm pack will be released right after?
  • CosmicCow said:

Any news devs?

So the farm pack will be released right after?
    I think it will come days later
  • CC Is updating!
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    FYI for anyone reading this, if you slam down on the clam, it becomes a chair
  • Kokopelli said:

Best Chair 2K17
  • EloquenceEloquence Member
    edited August 2017
    On my samsung tab 2, screen seems too... out of proportion. Happening to anyone else? The inv is below my normal tab menu at the bottom.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Kokopelli said:

But does it close again?
  • Kokopelli said:

But does it close again?
    This is the farming discussion so can I ask you how to make a watering can?
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Vairen said:

Kokopelli said:

But does it close again?
    This is the farming discussion so can I ask you how to make a watering can?
    Iron and yellow dye I believe
  • Instead of getting the honey on the hives, why not make the Farm Hive collectable. They are useless and purely decorative, it could have made them more interesting.
  • Naelys said:

Instead of getting the honey on the hives, why not make the Farm Hive collectable. They are useless and purely decorative, it could have made them more interesting.

Suggested this once. I was told by some familiars that it could mess up the coding or something. It was hard making the stove a useful crafting device. I bet the hives would be the same.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I thought hives where craftable?

Edit: yep there it is.

I don't know if you could get honey from a crafted hive though.
  • scorto7 said:

Yes but when you break them you get the block back
    But should they delete them because they're only decorations OF COURSE NOT

Naelys said:

Instead of getting the honey on the hives, why not make the Farm Hive collectable. They are useless and purely decorative, it could have made them more interesting.

Suggested this once. I was told by some familiars that it could mess up the coding or something. It was hard making the stove a useful crafting device. I bet the hives would be the same.
    Also familiar people are people who bought the rank for 5 karma they're not special

scorto7 said:

no-one said anything about deleting them!! :/
    I just pointed out you could craft hives... i also did not know for sure if you could harvest from them.
  • scorto7 said:

scorto7 said:

I just pointed out you could craft hives... i also did not know for sure if you could harvest from them.
    we cant harvest from them BUT WE NEED TOOOO. woosh.
  • -Gundam- said:

scorto7 said:

scorto7 said:

we cant harvest from them BUT WE NEED TOOOO. woosh.
    I agree, i'd love to have beehives at least produce something, like after a certain amount of time, if you pull it, the hive along with honey/bee's wax pops out with it
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Naelys said:

I honestly thought that was where you DID get honey from, when I heard there was honey the first thing I did was run to these decoration hives I set up on my farm xD I like the idea that they could spit out 1 honey an hour/ day (or it keeps them in an inventory within the hive)
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    I have a question. It was said in one of the videos that no other blocks can be placed above the crop because it won't receive sunlight and won't grow. Is this true for all blocks? Glass too? If we wanted to make a greenhouse type setting.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It would make more sense that farm hives produce honey, but there's a lot of changes in the update already so that didn't make it in. Maybe in a future improvement update.
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited August 2017

It would make more sense that farm hives produce honey, but there's a lot of changes in the update already so that didn't make it in. Maybe in a future improvement update.

Any news when will it be out
  • Make the hives like the cows. When they are ready to harvest you walk on them or near them. Maybe even make jars have another use. (To hold the honey in the jar). Seems like if it was added in it wouldn't be super complicated as they have already done this with the cows

Make the hives like the cows. When they are ready to harvest you walk on them or near them. Maybe even make jars have another use. (To hold the honey in the jar). Seems like if it was added in it wouldn't be super complicated as they have already done this with the cows

That would have made sense if you had a functional hive farm of your own., but honey can only be obtained from the mines and a mine re-spawns after a certain amount of time if empty thus resetting the whole thing. It doesn't make much sense leaving it there when you could also gain beeswax out of it as well.
    It's not like the current method rarely drops honey(you get it fairly often i say).
  • Hmm we can trade with recubes? On cash reg.
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember

Hmm we can trade with recubes? On cash reg.

From what I've seen in the videos you can't trade recubes.
  • scorto7 said:

Make the hives like the cows. When they are ready to harvest you walk on them or near them. Maybe even make jars have another use. (To hold the honey in the jar). Seems like if it was added in it wouldn't be super complicated as they have already done this with the cows

That would have made sense if you had a functional hive farm of your own., but honey can only be obtained from the mines and a mine re-spawns after a certain amount of time if empty thus resetting the whole thing. It doesn't make much sense leaving it there when you could also gain beeswax out of it as well.
    It's not like the current method rarely drops honey(you get it fairly often i say).
    Yes I understand that the mines have bee hives in them. But many people like to have everything in one realm. Like a workshop, many have their storage in the workshop realm too. It's a hassle having to leave your realm, get either beeswax or honey, come back, and repeat the process again.