NPCs

CubehoodCubehood Member
edited May 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Walking and talking mannequins, live stock roaming the mines and being able to bring them back to your realm to fence them and eat them >:]

Comments

• That would involve too much coding.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    however i would love to see an NPC as in a mannequin that acts perhaps as a sign post
  • however i would love to see an NPC as in a mannequin that acts perhaps as a sign post

i think a system like adventure mode is better, if npcs be the same as signs, it will be a bit boring :/
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    its just a better option than sticking a sign down next to a mannaquin
  • That would evolve the game, would make this game more interesting
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Well let them walk around will be too much work

But im all up for the mannequins with text options from story mode :D
    Involves too much coding and possibly make the game more laggy (?). I don't think it would evolve the game, leave those "NPCs" in Minecraft. The mannequins in adventure mode are alright already, as the others said.
  • BAM! IT COMES TO REALITY IN CC!
  • I actually thought of a cute little way NPCs could work a while back... http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7432/qbee-in-a-box#latest
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Cubehood said:

live stock roaming the mines and being able to bring them back to your realm to fence them and eat them >:]

Look at the Farming Update, there's is livestock (Cows, Chickens and Pigs) we dunno how to obtain them, yet...But for all we know, they could roam the Forest Mines.
  • I've suggested this before the update was mentioned
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Its been suggested for ages. the devs even asked us if we wanted stuff like this last year.
    Involves too much coding and possibly make the game more laggy (?). I don't think it would evolve the game, leave those "NPCs" in Minecraft. The mannequins in adventure mode are alright already, as the others said.

minecraft doesnt have npcs
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    cubic'd said:

minecraft doesnt have npcs

http://minecraftpc.wikia.com/wiki/Villager

C:
    gdog said:

Its been suggested for ages. the devs even asked us if we wanted stuff like this last year.

Yes they did. I'm sure there is a topic floating around in regards.
  • CubehoodCubehood Member
    edited July 2017
    The devs can handle this, look what they have done already, this game as sooo much potential. This game is a investment, you'll get what you'll give. Simple with capabilities.
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Cubehood said:

The devs can handle this, look what they have done already, this game as sooo much potential. This game is a investment, you'll get what you'll give. Simple with capabilities.

We cannot know or decide what they can handle or not . I'm personally in the "Too much coding side” Because this game has no similar feature yet, they could have to build a whole system, taking time they could have spent for next updates . and it does not help a lot of players , only the adventure map builders, or for decorations . Just adventure mode like npc's are way enough, and better.
  • They can handle it, and you're right I'm not a dev but they can do it. And they will eventually have to build a new system, depending on how big they want this game to get. And I'm also sure they are not going with the flow, they have other plans besides the ideas from the public.
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    Please do not bump old and outdated topics
This discussion has been closed.