Sid's Horror Story: Mars, The Well and The Spaceship

SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
edited August 2017 in Player Events & Creations
I am currently in the process of building a series of "horror" adventures (they are not actually scary :P)

So far I have the following:

Sid's Horror Story: Mars (Finished)
Sid's Horror Story: The Well (Finished)
Sid's Horror Story: The Spaceship (In Progress)
Sid's Horror Story: The House (Unfinished, currently paused)

Let me know how you find them, what you like and what could be improved ^^

(One day, if NPC's are ever released, I would like to join all the stories together into one large adventure)

Comments

• GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    A lot of games like to go for no people, which is enjoyable and gives a creepy vibe, but after a while it gets quite boring be the only person, or rarely seeing a new person. I think it would be best to flesh it out with quite a few mannequins, but not too many quests.

If the story line is short and won't take long, then I'd go for the "No people! Only monsters! (Horror)" Option
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Gollum said:

A lot of games like to go for no people, which is enjoyable and gives a creepy vibe, but after a while it gets quite boring be the only person, or rarely seeing a new person. I think it would be best to flesh it out with quite a few mannequins, but not too many quests.

If the story line is short and won't take long, then I'd go for the "No people! Only monsters! (Horror)" Option

Hmm, good points. I could do a little of both to be honest. For example have a whole bunch of people in most the facility but say, have a large monster infested lab that needs to be taken care of #spoilers.
  • I want blood and death! Use rose petals to create trails of blood and leave carcasses scattered about the moonbase...! Only survivor should be a small child cowarding behind a cluster of crates shaking....not able to speak except a few words on repeat "They are all dead, including mommy, daddy, and baby sister...all dead".

I want blood and death! Use rose petals to create trails of blood and leave carcasses scattered about the moonbase...! Only survivor should be a small child cowarding behind a cluster of crates shaking....not able to speak except a few words on repeat "They are all dead, including mommy, daddy, and baby sister...all dead".

Ohmy! D: haha, well if I go that far there won't be much left to do except get the hell off Mars!... I like the petals idea, now I wish I kept them and didn't sell <.<
  • I want the horror side, I'm not for horror games but a good mystery/spooky story is good to have :D
  • I want some mystery, like find the missing body, where can it be! Make it sad, like all the family are dead! Make them suffer, leave blood just like Grey said!
    edited August 2017

I want some mystery, like find the missing body, where can it be! Make it sad, like all the family are dead! Make them suffer, leave blood just like Grey said!

Eh, well I would love to make a deep story but there are very few questing tools available yet and there is only so many words you can fit on a sign next to a mannequin (which I HATE doing btw) Bring out NPC's! >:o
  • edited August 2017
    YES ANOTHER FELLOW SADIST! WE WANT PAIN, a representation of the futile struggle of the human race to survive! Pathetic creatures easily wiped from the face of Mars. Mwahahaha ahem.

I can't wait for this project to be done <3, Sid is killing it. Now we know where his rocket takes people >:D!
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    in my opnion i think you should have people, people give you a chance to interact and learn segments of story rather than just having to have trails of signs everywhere.
    also meeting different people allows for information that has nothing to do with the story, this fleshes out your world a little more allows people to delve into it and forget the rest of the game outside of your map :)
    when i build my adventure map i am trying to create a universe that can suck people in but thats just me XD
  • no people, only horror.
    Remember guys that when I say horror, I really only say that to differentiate from the other option, it's impossible to make something "scary" in this game, a little creepiness is possible but that's it. There are not many cheap horror objects (most decent objects in the game are very expensive e.g headless hat)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Ah so that are ya doing xD
  • IMO, horror (or even creepy) is so over-done in games. I much prefer quirky Sci-Fi. Obscure/homage references to some of the favs (Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, Space Odyssey, etc.) are much more interesting than boring obvious horror/creepy.
  • i would go with survivors. The reason is that monsters only gets hard because there aren't other people telling you what to do. Using mannequins also gives you a chance to help people stuck with the quest. Yet horror can be fun, depends on how long the story is Sid.
    Sid's Horror Story: Mars is now open!
  • Amazing Sid! Thanks! Left you a tip at that
    torture room :)
  • I just completed it! And ive also got the prize :D good map anyways. tip: DONT TRUST THE SCIENTIST!
  • I just completed it! And ive also got the prize :D good map anyways. tip: DONT TRUST THE SCIENTIST!

Thats kind of a spoiler ....

I havent completed it yet, but I really liked what I saw . There was just too much people yelling for passwords, always, reapeating , the same "WHATS THE PASS FOR THAT DOOR", eeerh ~_~
  • Gollum said:

@Gollum Can you help me?
  • edited August 2017
    :3
    Congratulations to those who successfully completed this adventure! There aren't many of you that's for sure! Would of been nice to see more people read the signs instead of screaming "WHATS THE PASS" over and over but I suppose that is to be expected. My adventure maps are not hard but I don't like them to be easy :P you won't be getting a prize from me for a simple 1 minute task c:
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Oh didnt know you already finished the map xD

Ill try it when i come home from work.... same name as on your thread title right?
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Siddd said:

Congratulations to those who successfully completed this adventure! There aren't many of you that's for sure! Would of been nice to see more people read the signs instead of screaming "WHATS THE PASS" over and over but I suppose that is to be expected. My adventure maps are not hard but I don't like them to be easy :P you won't be getting a prize from me for a simple 1 minute task c:

loved it :)
    video will follow in a few days
  • I completed the key quest but was the main quest ending up in jail? :3
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the fun! Challenging, but not too hard. Wow! I'm amazed at the detailed building that went into this realm/adventure! Very well done! I love to look at the complex builds/realms, and picked up a lot of tips from this one!

I had a few oops moments to include these...(note, attached picture is a bit of a spoiler too)
    Unfortunately, I released one of the slimes onto the outside of the space station (guess they don't need air, eh?) with my pulse bomb so it will be MUCH easier for some folks that attempt that portion later today before you fix it. :/ See picture (attached) I know I probably got killed 5-10 times in there, so it's going to be significantly easier until he gets put back in the box.

Oh, and the crate that is bobbling on top of the wall next to the donation table instead of in the pile on the donation table...yea, that was mine too...just having one of those days. o.O

Got all the keys, signed the log, but the prize dispenser in the security area was already empty (glad you've had so many already accomplish finding all the seekers); however, had a great time doing the adventure. Got in the realm before some folks came in yelling the passcodes at each other, so I got to enjoy the sense of accomplishment by completing it on my own before they showed up and started making it less fun. :)
  • Jerrynana123Jerrynana123 Member
    edited August 2017
    MASSIVE SPOILER

Well I have been encaged

This had been challenging and fun with a great plot! Thanks for the awesome map Sid!
  • Oh, snap @Jerrynana123...I had seen that location from one of the buildings and was trying to figure out how to get there. I guess I didn't fully complete the quest (had forgotten about it after my trauma with the slimes)...will have to return! :) Glad I grabbed some pizza for the trip back!
  • I completed it too. it was very nice even though there was no prize.
    Very well build!
  • I loved it :D
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited August 2017
    Oops, my being not greedy played against me as I originally took nothing from the last prize dispenser as I felt I already had taken enough during the adventure...lol...I figured it out and got to the final location! Too much fun! :)