Tip: Sticks can be used as fuel in the forge

Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
So recently, a friend came up to me while I was mining dead trees and asked me if i needed sticks. I said no, and he said that they were useless. I never knew that people didn't know about sticks being fuel. The only fallback about it is that sticks can't forge trunks. So here is the proof:

*Note that you can craft lava, and it doesn't matter in which slot you put the fuel and item*
I'm sorry if you already knew this and I just wasted your time.

Comments

• Yes they can be used as fuel,but as I remember "1 Stick" would burn so fast,so it was like never used for fuel I think!Best thing after you mine bushes and dead trees :)
  • Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
    Honestly, I think sticks last for quite a while. But they are so easy to gather that I never notice how they hold up. I just craft max 10k tree leaves and it gives me a lifetime supply of sticks.
  • Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
    edited August 2017
    I thought it don't work xD I first tried sticks and trunks as fuel on trunks xDDD
    Ps: I also tried charcoal as fuel xD
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    ......2 whole years I have played this game.... currently have 3 stacks of sticks that I've just accumulated, with very little use of... and now I find out this..... meh, I got 4 forges with max coal in them.
    Kokopelli said:

......2 whole years I have played this game.... currently have 3 stacks of sticks that I've just accumulated, with very little use of... and now I find out this..... meh, I got 4 forges with max coal in them.

Haha happy to help :)
  • I never knew about this o.o
    I currently have 500 coal in my forge so when I run out of coal and im lazy i will thank you very much for creating this thread xD
  • i know about this xD
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    3 years and nobody told me this.. ... ... .... ....
  • Charm is talking about me :(
    I had no clue this was a thing until she brought it up e_e'
    It wasn't you XD, In fact, I can name 2 more people that I also told about this tip.
  • Charm is spreading stick awareness. Grey did not know eithier and he has been playing for 2yrs, over 5k hours clocked in game not afk. :O:. It is like being told I was adopted!
  • I feel the same as alot of folks, i never knew... I have soooo many sticks its amazing! Thanks for the tip cause now i know what i'm doing with those extra sticks!
  • Who would of thought that sticks are flammable :O:!
  • Who would of thought that sticks are flammable :O:!

Craziest thing ever, right?? O_O
  • 2 years and didnt know.i thought i knew everthing about da game
  • I always wondered how they made campfires :O:! What is this sorcery!
  • Aj BaryzaAj Baryza Member
    edited August 2017
    almost 2 years of playing and i didnt know this,,, thanks for info!
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for bringing this to people's attention, though *cough* it has been posted on the crafting page on the wiki (http://wiki.cubiccastles.com/index.php/Crafting), which was last updated Nov 2016. *cough* Still, good to highlight as it does provide a good alternate use for sticks other than the standard crafting recipes.

Oh, and I was more surprised at the OP's comment by the friend who said that 'sticks were useless'. There are over 30 crafting recipes that use sticks (one of the more 'needed' items based on just the number of recipes)...though I guess they aren't for items that are necessarily used in bulk for building, like the various blocks. The recipes include most of the tools (hammers, mortar and pestle, workbench, screwdriver, knife), fencing (white, cedar, old wood), wood tables and chairs (both old and new), the notes bumpers (12 different notes), torches, whittled sticks (to make wands), wood lattice, and nests. I was actually surprised there isn't more demand in game for them given the number of recipes, but I guess they are just so easy to get and the popularity of the recipes that use them (i.e., demand for them) don't match the supply of them.
  • I have never looked at the wiki, I often forget it even exists.
  • I have never looked at the wiki, I often forget it even exists.

As a relative noob to the game (started playing at the end of June/beginning of July), I read up everything about the game before I started...to include the wiki. ;) For a few past games that I enjoyed, the game wiki was key for reference to the many details in the game. This one doesn't seem to be as active with updates as others, but it's still pretty handy, especially for us newer players.
  • So recently, a friend came up to me while I was mining dead trees and asked me if i needed sticks. I said no, and he said that they were useless. I never knew that people didn't know about sticks being fuel. The only fallback about it is that sticks can't forge trunks. So here is the proof:

*Note that you can craft lava, and it doesn't matter in which slot you put the fuel and item*
    I'm sorry if you already knew this and I just wasted your time.

The first picture is kinda off btw ._.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    It doesn't matter which way around they're it still works.
    Nerve said:

Yup any way around works, these photos are just cropped since I don't really like people seeing my cubits or items, not photoshopped :)