Crafting Askew?

Ok, I didn't really consider this a bug so I'm putting it here. I was trying to make new tools for my storage because I got rid of all of mine when I took a break from the game last year. And a few of the tools need a steel block to make them.
So I went to find out how to make a steel block and it said that I need refined iron, cool. I went to find out how to make refined iron and it told me that I need to forge some iron (I am a noob at crafting). I didn't have a forge so I decided that, ok I need to make a forge now. It tells me that I need 2 steel plates? Which are made from steel block. I can't make a steel block because I don't have refined iron, and I can't make refined iron because I don't have a forge. So now what do I do??? Am I missing something here or is the crafting system off?

Comments

• You are a bit off :D To make a forge you don't need a Steel Block,you just need Iron!

2xMetal Plate + 1xIron + 1xCoal

How to make Metal Plates?

Just 3xIron! (And yes you need a hammer *Any* :P)
  • edited August 2017
    Then someone needs to fix this....
    You can't make a STEEL plate with IRON... it's all good i'll get a forge some other way. Thanks for trying though lol.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Then someone needs to fix this....
    You can't make a STEEL plate with IRON... it's all good i'll get a forge some other way. Thanks for trying though lol.

Metal Plate and Steel Plates are different.

Are you online now? I'll give you some forges.
  • Little trick, craft 3 iron into an iron block then hammer that into 2, metal plates. Double the plates for half the crafting cost
  • Ah, ok. I was not aware, thank you. Sorry for the trouble lmao DX

@gdog It's all good ^_^ thank you for the offer though that's very kind of you.
  • If you have further any clarification in crafting you can also visit my "MeHawk Crafts Learning Center". I made it a little easier to understand.