Shift Click Function For Sculpty Blocks + Other

SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
edited August 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
So I have been working a lot with sculpty blocks recently for a new project and they are horrible to work with!.. you will know what I mean if you have created any large builds with them. The two biggest issues I find are:

1) When you are clicking fast to remove the individual sculpty blocks 40%~ of the time a block won't be removed (after the animation) or less commonly a completely different block to the one you clicked will be removed (i.e a block behind that isn't even visible)

2) It's very tedious if you place a fair amount of the blocks to pick them up again, so something like a shift + left click to remove the entire sculpty block (or what is left of it) would make the task a little easier.

Personally I would of liked just miniature blocks and therefore the ability to mix and match colors within a single block space but I guess there wasn't an easy way of doing this, (or just a direction the devs wanted to go,) but I feel if both these issues were addressed then scuplty blocks would be a little better (they truly are the best blocks in this game if you want complex structures)

Thanks for reading.

p.s 3) SCULPTY GLASS PL0X

p.p.s 4) more sculpty block textures plix

Comments

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    That shift click thing sounds very nice... speeds up the removal of a wrong sculpty. :)
    Ohh yes, yes.. glass sculpty. :)
  • Being able to remove sculpty quickly if need be would be beyond fantastic <3 What a truly wonderful suggestion.

Glass sculpty would be my life.
  • Yessss,Easier to handle sculpty omg,when your half asleep and your in a dark room sculpty blocks are like impossible to handle,and more sculpty blocks in the game!
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I feel there are lot of things that could be done to improve sculpty, I love them personally but we are in need of variation and the ability to buy them individually rather than as a mystery pack (anyone after sculpty bark will feel my pain) I once suggested an idea where pulled off aculpries were added to your inventory And you could recombine them to make sculpties or different combinations to create new blocks (think recipes)
  • i find this update cool!
    but how will mobile players use this feature?
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Piratax10 said:

i find this update cool!

They don't! >:D A good question! I am not completely familiar with the mobile version only having used it a couple times long ago so I am not 100% sure... dang mobile users!

side note: I wonder how mobile users actually get on with using sculpty blocks, I imagine using a fat finger (if you are old like me) to delicately remove small blocks is a hard feat no?
  • Not to mention on a small screen lol. Sculpty is enough to cause a PC user rage lol.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited August 2017
    Siddd said:

Piratax10 said:

i find this update cool!

They don't! >:D A good question! I am not completely familiar with the mobile version only having used it a couple times long ago so I am not 100% sure... dang mobile users!

side note: I wonder how mobile users actually get on with using sculpty blocks, I imagine using a fat finger (if you are old like me) to delicately remove small blocks is a hard feat no?

idk, im not a sculpty builder, we need mobile sculpty players to talk how it feels to use it >_>

im probally gonna test it and see how it feels like to e.e
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    +1
  • Siddd said:

Piratax10 said:

i find this update cool!

Using aculpty blocks on phone is much easier than PC imo. I have to like get the mouse just in the right position to get the correct spot for sculpty on PC, but with mobile you can adjust the camera angle to which side you want to click (I do this, it's not for everyone or required) but it is pretty easy on mobile, tbh. :P

Changes to mobile may be difficult for the devs to figure out, but maybe just an exclusive feature for PC would be cool. :D

Also, glass sculpty would be so cool.. ;-;
  • Siddd said:

Piratax10 said:

i find this update cool!

Meh I admit pc is easier to aim and break but it isn't that hard on mobile once u get used to it.