Quick status update

Comments

• b3achy said:

Djedo said:

I cant stand the waiting!!!!

waiting is what you are going to do when you plant your crops. :)
    ^^^ So much this...especially if the fastest crop is 3 days on rocky soil and 1 day on premium soil (which I do have to wonder if it might not be helpful to have at least one crop that could grow in a normal play cycle (say a few hours)...especially if you can lose it all if you don't harvest it in time or don't water it enough ~~ but I'll wait to see what the released version holds as maybe that was one of the balancing things they worked on).

Wondering, will there be a 'farm' tag option for the type of realm (like "PvP", "Hangout", "Store", etc) as a farm is more functional than just 'decorative'?

And thanks for the status update to let us know the progress, @CosmicCow!! Glad it's progressing and looks promising to be released 'soon'. :)

(BTW, I chuckle at the term "soon" because to players... it typically means in the next few hours, but to devs it often means in the next few weeks... ;) )
    True... crops take too long just imo. When the update starts everyone will be hyped.. but then that hype will come crashing down as we have to wait for our crops..
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    That's the whole point... updates are hype for a day... they die after a day... with farming it's more long-term (such as self-set goals- could be: farming set, animals, tractor etc.)

farming is only boring is you make it boring. The more you work on your farm, the quick things are done and the less work required
  • edited July 2017
    Even with more waiting for our crops to grow I will at least be able to stare at the recube store and drool <3. This is going to be my favorite game play update and will work alongside mining/building. I like how crops take time and it is something I will have to chip away at over a long period of time. Keeps it feeling fresh and Grey loves goal oriented gameplay. Farming <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
  • Aw man I might be able to play on Monday or Tuesday :/ Looks like I'm hoping for Wednesday or Thursday cause of what's going on right now for me. Also I really love the idea of farming update. I saw it in the coding when someone saw car keys in it and thought we had a car update which we did. I saw the watering can and knew we were having a farm pack. As I have some relatives that have a farm. I also love to have my own farm in games like minecraft, cubic castles, etc. For the people who want crops to grow all in one day like a few hours. I disagree. First off, you have to spend the whole few hours to water the crops as the stages will come much quicker. Secondly, it's not very realistic. For the next addition to this pack, I'm hoping to see flower growing. These would be different flowers that could only grow in vases. You'd have to water them until they are fully grown. Then you can break it and plant it anywhere.
  • DjedoDjedo Member

Aw man...

... For the next addition to this pack, I'm hoping to see flower growing. These would be different flowers that could only grow in vases. You'd have to water them until they are fully grown. Then you can break it and plant it anywhere.

Well when they implement growing plants adding more variety to plants is "easy".
  • I wish they could also add barbeque stand...
  • TarteTarte Member

I wish they could also add barbeque stand...

omg YESS
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited July 2017

I wish they could also add barbeque stand...

So we can at least roast the pigs as they don't seem to have any real function other than decoration right now. Mmmmm, roast piggy. It's a basic staple down here in the South US.

And per the growing times...I'm more concerned about 'losing' all your starter crops, and having no way to revive them as a noob through not being able to water them daily after planting them or not being able to harvest them in time. Even a few days isn't 'realistic' for growing anyway (ever grow a real tomato plant?!), so why not provide a way to ensure someone doesn't step away from the game and lose their starter seed because of some RL issue that keeps them out of the game and not able to water or harvest them. And I'm only saying one type of low output seeds should be quicker than days...not all of them (although alternatively I'd be happy to see that we had a way to revive dead plants or a way to buy more starter seed with cubits instead of recubits only). However, we'll see what they decide to implement when it is released. No point in worrying about tomorrow until it get here.

+1 for the idea to be able to grow flowers (and something nicer than the flat ones we can currently mine).
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited July 2017
    So i noticed that the crafted beehives now have a small box under them. Noticed it tonight...Edited == yea i asked around n im a derp, guess im so excited im lookin for stuff thats not there
  • So i noticed that the crafted beehives now have a small box under them. Noticed it tonight...
    Wondering if its a leak that means my suggestion about bee farming (for honey) was added? So excited!!!

i think the box is in there for ages :v
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    I wonder how last minute checks went through???
  • A total failure, breaking news farming pack coming out next month along with summer fun pack
    Me: BUT IT'S WINTER HERE

Jk jk but for reals people are starting schools in a week and 'summer' fun pack isn't out yet
  • A total failure, breaking news farming pack coming out next month along with summer fun pack
    Me: BUT IT'S WINTER HERE

Jk jk but for reals people are starting schools in a week and 'summer' fun pack isn't out yet

you scared me about next month farm update :v
  • I belive that cosmic cow forgot that many people are going to school in two weeks. Maybe they should've started it earlier cause guess what? People have school meaning less cc time. Many people will have crops wilted and then complaints about the pack will come. I'm kinda disappointed right now. I was hoping I could start it this month. August isn't even summer for me so I don't understand what their summer months are. :/
  • I don't think that is an issue, updates can not be held off simply because people are going to school. Crops are something you will have to plan around no matter when. Also summer is only about half over because summer is from the June Solstice to the September Equinox which is the 22nd of September this year. Farming is a massive update with a small team working on it give them a break lol.
  • I belive that cosmic cow forgot that many people are going to school in two weeks. Maybe they should've started it earlier cause guess what? People have school meaning less cc time. Many people will have crops wilted and then complaints about the pack will come. I'm kinda disappointed right now. I was hoping I could start it this month. August isn't even summer for me so I don't understand what their summer months are. :/

Relax man, don't be disappointed. I think you can enjoy and that you will enjoy new update even when school starts. Our farms will start small in the beginning, and they wont take much time at start, and when you get the farm that will take lot of time to maintain it will be next school break for you. XD

Cheers

• Djedo said:

I belive that cosmic cow forgot that many people are going to school in two weeks. Maybe they should've started it earlier cause guess what? People have school meaning less cc time. Many people will have crops wilted and then complaints about the pack will come. I'm kinda disappointed right now. I was hoping I could start it this month. August isn't even summer for me so I don't understand what their summer months are. :/

Relax man, don't be disappointed. I think you can enjoy and that you will enjoy new update even when school starts. Our farms will start small in the beginning, and they wont take much time at start, and when you get the farm that will take lot of time to maintain it will be next school break for you. XD

Cheers

Listen I'm taking all honors classes which means they're higher than the average class I should be in. So I'm gonna be having lots of homework but luckily I've got friends who can help with the farm so I'm not devestated just believe that summer for me is only June and July
  • So here's the latest...

We pushed a new Steam and iOS client today, Android tomorrow...
    Once iOS is approved, we will release the our new Summer Bummer Pack! Farm testing continues. Still no hard date for farming but the summer pack should keep you guys busy for a little bit while we finish!
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    CosmicCow said:

So here's the latest...

Once iOS is approved, we will release the our new Summer Bummer Pack! Farm testing continues. Still no hard date for farming but the summer pack should keep you guys busy for a little bit while we finish!

Ooooo that sounds mysterious I like it roll on summer bummer pack!
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Can we just get update news like... a week or a few days in advance? Personally, I'm sick of hearing "breaking news about new updates" and having to still wait half a year for them. Honestly, these long anticipatory periods before big updates only leads to anger at the developers lol. We only need a week. We don't need a year.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Can we just get update news like... a week or a few days in advance? Personally, I'm sick of hearing "breaking news about new updates" and having to still wait half a year for them. Honestly, these long anticipatory periods before big updates only leads to anger at the developers lol. We only need a week. We don't need a year.

This is the issue with keeping you guys informed. If we give the info out people die of anticipation and if we don't say anything people complain we don't share enough about what we're working on. There's probably some middle ground to it and maybe we haven't quite struck the right balance but we're trying to be more open about what's happening in our development.
  • Can we just get update news like... a week or a few days in advance? Personally, I'm sick of hearing "breaking news about new updates" and having to still wait half a year for them. Honestly, these long anticipatory periods before big updates only leads to anger at the developers lol. We only need a week. We don't need a year.

This is the issue with keeping you guys informed. If we give the info out people die of anticipation and if we don't say anything people complain we don't share enough about what we're working on. There's probably some middle ground to it and maybe we haven't quite struck the right balance but we're trying to be more open about what's happening in our development.
    There's a simple solution to that, you know;) the sneak peak is the problem, too early for it... if you never released the sneak peak NO ONE would've ever found out that there's a farming update, therefore no complaining...
  • Really depends on people tho....
    I myself like seeing the update schedules and calendars.
    Of course we get hyped by it.
    But I feel it is much better that we know that devs are doing something rather than clutching :P
    I play LoL and update leaks are a thing. The mindset is don't get too hyped and just make yourself surprised on the release. xD
    If the farm is not previewed then most of us will be not ready with our farms.
    Anyways as I observed 1 month is ideal preview interval commonly in games.
    And a calendar of 2 years schedule unannounced hints (spoilers that players will not know what exactly it is [example: "...soon everyone will start building.."]).

In short, just like watching movie, people have different reactions about spoilers :P
    I actually like being given a heads up it allows me to build in preperation and gets the cogs in my head turning, that way I have loads of uses for it before its even here!
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I think the majority of us appreciate the sneak peeks, and if you don't like it, no need to insult the devs and try get the fun removed and spoil it for the majority.

I would like to see the sneak peeks continued, and I'm sure more people would as well, rather than just have it all blasted on us last minute. This way we have time to prepare, plan and gather whatever we need to be ready for the upcoming updates. Don't like it ? Don't read the thread :P
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    You cannot please everyone.
    I Like how things currently are personally. Patience is worth employing.. if not.. SUFFER! >:D
    BJDware said:

You cannot please everyone.
    I Like how things currently are personally. Patience is worth employing.. if not.. SUFFER! >:D

I got all the patience I once waited for Duke nukem forever.... That was a long 10 years
  • I'm not saying never give us sneakpeaks, just show them in the right time, like 2 or 3 weeks before the actual update, just like the 'coming soon' movie trailers and by coming soon they mean a month or less... or they can actually give us a sneakpeak with the date, for example: Stranger things coming October 2017 not 'Winter' 2017 it
    Just like this sneakpeak saying Summer 2017 and it's obviously not Summer anymore for some people...
  • CosmicCow said:

So here's the latest...

:o cant wait

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Gollum said:

I think the majority of us appreciate the sneak peeks, and if you don't like it, no need to insult the devs and try get the fun removed and spoil it for the majority.

I would like to see the sneak peeks continued, and I'm sure more people would as well, rather than just have it all blasted on us last minute. This way we have time to prepare, plan and gather whatever we need to be ready for the upcoming updates. Don't like it ? Don't read the thread :P

There was no insulting. I personally get angry at the developers when they show things that look finalized when there are still months of preparation to do. I know other people get angry as well.
    I am not saying we need to not be informed. I am saying we don't need to be informed so early. Go with a week. Go with two weeks. Go with a month, even. But 3-6 months is a little ridiculous and you can't blame people for being angry. It doesn't take 3 months to build a realm for an update. It doesn't take most people more than a week.