Your opinion on "Profit"?

2»

Comments

• I laugh because if I left the buy and sell (and the investment section which can full under buy & sell) I'd stop buying Cubits therefor stop supporting the game- that applies to ALOT of people.

I can personally stop spending on the game if it makes everyone happy :D!

It's a players item, it's their choice. Players should check an items value before buying. I myself double check with friend when buying something 50k+

I'm lost ??
    If you're saying you buy cubits to participate in the buying and selling business then kudos to you, you're supporting the game and playing it fairly.

@AshiMagari and I get that, but so many people take advantage of the qbees who don't understand prices. I've seen people overpay because they're impatient before, and sometimes I've asked them to tone down how much they were paying since it wasn't really even worth it.

@Misticall Even If I didn't use a valid example, prices can infact be manipulated by wealthier qbees. balloons were *once* an example.
  • Ashibug said:

I laugh because if I left the buy and sell (and the investment section which can full under buy & sell) I'd stop buying Cubits therefor stop supporting the game- that applies to ALOT of people.

I can personally stop spending on the game if it makes everyone happy :D!

It's a players item, it's their choice. Players should check an items value before buying. I myself double check with friend when buying something 50k+

I'm lost ??
    If you're saying you buy cubits to participate in the buying and selling business then kudos to you, you're supporting the game and playing it fairly.

@AshiMagari and I get that, but so many people take advantage of the qbees who don't understand prices. I've seen people overpay because they're impatient before, and sometimes I've asked them to tone down how much they were paying since it wasn't really even worth it.

@Misticall Even If I didn't use a valid example, prices can infact be manipulated by wealthier qbees. balloons were *once* an example.
    Even then, it can just be supply and demand. At the moment, no more balloons are coming into CC, so there's a limited supply. If the demand for balloons increased, the price will likely increase~
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    edited July 2017
    I buy cubits to invest into- which is "buy & sell" just more long term. Sometimes I lose, sometimes I win- Motley Pants would be an example of a "win" xD!
  • @Mr.Penguin okay that's COMPLETELY different.

@Misticall "CAN" that doesn't mean it can't happen.
    And since there's a limited supply, it'll only be easier for their price to be manipulated with lol
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    No it's not tho- I buy items for cheap to invest into. Anything I see worth less than it's base value I'll buy

- I have my limits tho- there's a point where I know I shouldn't buy it and tell the owner who clearly didn't check his items value the value. But I don't judge them who do.
  • No it's not tho- I buy items for cheap to invest into. Anything I see worth less than it's base value I'll buy

- I have my limits tho- there's a point where I know I shouldn't buy it and tell the owner who clearly didn't check his items value the value. But I don't judge them who do.

Like I'm saying, You're not included in the group of people who I'm concerned about.

I'm talking about the people who pounce at any attempt to make a huge profit that they can.

I too do the same thing. If it's lower by a few hundred or maybe 1-4k (depending on the item) sure, I'll buy it for profit.

If it's way more than 5,000c less and the owner is *NOT* aware of it's current price, then I'm not going to buy it.

There are infact moments where the owner knows they're underpricing items because they either need to get rid of it, or they just don't want to sell it at it's base price.
  • Yeah, profit is weird in game, like what I call profit is when I go out and mine then proceed to craft those mineable items into something off worth so then I can get cubits so it's 100% free and I never lost cubits at any point.
    I find it kind of mean to go up to someone that doesn't know a price and be like; "I saw you won those PJS in a giveaway, i'll buy them 10k." just so I can sell for 50k, that's not very nice.
    Profit for me is when I didn't spend anything and then gained cubits.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited July 2017
    If a person isn't aware of a Items price then why would they be selling it for a random number that came out of their mind? Anyone can sell anything they want for whatever price they want. If someone wants to sell a tutu 500c nobody is going to stop them. (Even if it will never sell). Plus there's nothing wrong with buying a item that somebody is selling cheap. If you aren't a miner and you don't buy cubits that's really the only way to make cubits.

As Jadabug said though a person shouldn't imply a Items price when buying it.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    The main complaint of this thread seems to be "people take advantage of qbees who don't understand the value of the item they're buying". That point also seems to be the only complaint some people are having with my comment.

Except the point of my comment is that EVERY qbee that buys should know the value of what they are buying.

Yeah, it's rude to take advantage of people, sure. BUT IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE VALUE, YOU CANNOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.

Don't complain that it happens. Complaining won't make it stop happening. Educate yourself, educate others, MAKE IT NOT HAPPEN.
  • The main complaint of this thread seems to be "people take advantage of qbees who don't understand the value of the item they're buying". That point also seems to be the only complaint some people are having with my comment.

Except the point of my comment is that EVERY qbee that buys should know the value of what they are buying.

Yeah, it's rude to take advantage of people, sure. BUT IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE VALUE, YOU CANNOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.

Don't complain that it happens. Complaining won't make it stop happening. Educate yourself, educate others, MAKE IT NOT HAPPEN.

I'm not complaining... It's seriously just the way that I view the matter?

"Educate yourself, educate others"

We can't educate people who are constantly being taken advantage of.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Ashibug said:

The main complaint of this thread seems to be "people take advantage of qbees who don't understand the value of the item they're buying". That point also seems to be the only complaint some people are having with my comment.

I'm not complaining... It's seriously just the way that I view the matter?

"Educate yourself, educate others"

We can't educate people who are constantly being taken advantage of.
    Sure you can. Teach them the market value. Teach them to not be swayed by peer pressure. People are only taken advantage of if they do not have enough knowledge of the situation. SO GIVE THEM THAT KNOWLEDGE.