Helping Center for newbies. Reopening!

12345679»

Comments

• Cortana said:

It sad to announce it, but I guess it's time: I will be shutting down this project due to multiple issues which I will list below. But firstly, I want to thank all the people that were helping out on a daily basis. Thanks a lot to everyone who's been helping me even when they had no spare time themselves, I really appreciate it.

Now to why I've decided to shut down my helping center:
    As it's been already known, we've been crafting in huge quantities multiple times a day, no matter was it 500 or a few thousands, almost all and even all of it would get stolen by the players with many alts and even players that's been playing for a long time. Most of the stuff keeps being taken by players of level 30-50 and not the newbies we provided it for.

As sad as it gets, most of the time I've been crafting/restocking/providing everything on my own or with the help of just a few people, which only added up stress because it made it seem like no one cares about this project even if they applied sincerely saying they'd be happy to help. I don't blame any of you, but it's too hard to manage this on my own whilst I've got a lot of my own stuff to deal with in real life and in-game.

Due to this I have absolutely no time to do something else in-game and even outside of it, as I have to sit crafting/farming for hours alone, which honestly doesn't bring me any joy anymore. It was more fun when people actually cared and were doing everything together. And I don't even see why to feel joy when all my effort pretty much goes into some heartless thief's pocket.

So I guess it's time to say goodbye to this project, as I don't know how to run it anymore. There's no way to keep out all the greedy thieves, no way to do so much on my own everyday instead of taking care of my health and my family or just spending time on something else I want to do, because this realm takes all the free time I have.
    It's been a nice time running this project until it turned into a whole lot of uncontrollable stress with barely any help. Maybe I will reconsider this if there ever will be any tools added to keep all the thieves out, but for now, it will be closed. I really hope you all will understand my reasoning.

Welp...at least you tried... and I'm sorry trouble makers ruined it
  • NanoSlime_NanoSlime_ Member
    edited September 2016
    It's been fun everyone, I've enjoyed working here, having fun with the guys and helping out Newbies
    Even making new friends, I met one of my new best friends @lil roo through this.
    It's a shame to see it go once again. Maybe one day we can reopen this place.
    Until then I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped.

And to everyone who stole, was over lvl 20 and took items or created alts to get more items. I hope you reconsider what you have done and at least try to use those tools for something good, try and give back to the community instead of taking from it. Help to make the community a better and happier place, much like @Cortana 's original intention with this realm.
    ~ Nano
  • @Cortana , i cant play for 1 week, plz don't remove me :Q: always remember, Prollum xD
  • Tomk2005 said:

@Cortana , i cant play for 1 week, plz don't remove me :Q: always remember, Prollum xD

They closed the center....
  • Tomk2005Tomk2005 Member
    edited September 2016

Tomk2005 said:

@Cortana , i cant play for 1 week, plz don't remove me :Q: always remember, Prollum xD

They closed the center....
    sorry i didnt read the old comments.
  • This looks very familiar, no?Untitled
    Untitled2
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited September 2016

This looks very familiar, no?Untitled
    Untitled2

Stealing people's designs is not nice, you should have asked before making a similar copy.

Locking the thread up for now since the center has been put on hold.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Bump!

Helping Center is finally back and functional again! :D
  • RYBIERYBIE Member
    edited July 2017
    I would like to help there.

I have some tons of clothes and irons :)
  • Cortana said:

Bump!

Helping Center is finally back and functional again! :D

Yay :D I'm sure you will help lots of newbies O:
    Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it :)
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    Cortana said:

Anything I can do to help?
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited July 2017

Cortana said:

Anything I can do to help?
    I'd like to help in any way aswell. And nice to have u back on forums again Cortana :D
    You can help with whatever feel best for you :) can craft with us or can mine stuff. I'm always willing to buy ores, cotton and other resources which are needed for the recipes of tools and machines we provide.
  • Tomk2005Tomk2005 Member
    edited July 2017
    I was a member from this place, I remember it. Can I re-join it?
  • Cortana said:

You can help with whatever feel best for you :) can craft with us or can mine stuff. I'm always willing to buy ores, cotton and other resources which are needed for the recipes of tools and machines we provide.

Welp I can mine cotton :) I got 3.6k red dye but MAOU said u guys don't need. So I'll get cotton :3
  • :O yusss i can get back to my job of helping newbies in the helping center :D
  • I can help again if you are looking for crafters
    If you used to be on the helper list, you're free to come back any time. :) Things seem to be going better this time as well, so there's much less workload due to dispensers lasting for much longer than before.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited July 2017
    Nice to see this place open again! The old, great memories of hanging out here...
    I'll stop by when I'm online, with some extra stuff!
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited July 2017
    This was an awesome idea, last time this place was open i supplied lots of stuff, and we ran into the problem of older qbees (not newbies who needed the help) taking stuffs.
    Might i suggest using tickets with a ticketed door? I know it would probably be a pain for ppl handing out the tickets....
    But at least this way only new players under a certain level would be able to enter.
    This would greatly minimize the workload on suppliers and crafters and stop the abuse.
    Just a suggestion...
    From an old supplier, who feels the pain of those now working here...
    I think it should be alright for now without the tickets :) for the past 2 days we saw only two people above level 20 that decided to take stuff, but they returned everything when we told them it's meant to be for the new players. Might consider implementing tickets if it gets bad again, but lets hope that it will go all well this time! :D

Also for anyone having troubles with catching me in-game to drop off supplies, you can leave them at the donation table, which is located right in front of the entrance as you come down, or if you have me on your friend list, you can drop off the stuff in the crafting room.
  • It's great to see it back! I'd love to help but my cc is still broke and I can't be bothered to fix it xD
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Sorry that I haven't been there the last two days. I have been on vacation. I will be on more now. :D

It's great to see it back! I'd love to help but my cc is still broke and I can't be bothered to fix it xD

I hope it will fix itself since LazySlime_ doesn't want to do it D:
    Nerve said:

Sorry that I haven't been there the last two days. I have been on vacation. I will be on more now. :D

No worries. :) Hope you had a good vacation!
  • I just looked up the thread and saw the imposter's shop, i remember then i could've sworn i would've been ded because i didn't properly explain :V
    Thank god the name of the realm was in the second picture :v
  • QbirdQbird Member
    Eeeeeeh, I'm not on the game that much, But I might be able to provide clothes .