Quick status update

Comments

• DjedoDjedo Member

Djedo said:

Anyone know what is summer pack, or something like that, I think devs mentioned it earlier but no one says anything about that.

Still being worked on! Still coming!

CosmicCow said:

Djedo said:

Djedo said:

HE IS A PENGUIN! HE DEMANDS EQUAL RIGHTS TO HOMOSAPIENS! He is losing his lands to global warming, has this bird who can not fly suffered enough injustice?!

While we wait for new update, can anyone pls tell me what is the fastest way to maximize recubes production from farming?

Any news???
    We're doing regression testing now- but we also added some perks that were not seen in the videos. Sadly, they are to limit the # of livestock you can have, depending on farming level (up to 15 each for highest perk). Overall, it stands at a max farming level of 22 now.

The best way to max out your farm fastest will be to use good soil, pick land manager perks, and don't forget to water.
    Thank you for info gents!
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    edited July 2017
    Will new farm perks/animals be added later on?
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

All comes at once. No one will have animals on day 1 tho.
  • Will new farm perks/animals be added later on?

Someone not having everything on first day?
    Now that's odd.
    I remember when any update came out, everyone already had everything that was new.

• _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    edited July 2017

I'm talking about if after the farm update new farm perks/animals will still be added.
    Might've worded it weirdly. >_< Sorry
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    Please stay on topic
  • Any new recipes being made or maybe an actual amount of time for every recipe to be made. Maybe we could make tomato juice or have brown bread which would be wheat and flour and white bread which is wheat, flour, and sugar!
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited July 2017
    Okay...I'm ready...for whenever the update comes. Just a little 33x33 farm, with room initially for 100 plots, cooking/storage area, area in the back for animals, room to add a barn and a side area for current bush and rubber tree farming...more than enough for a nice little starter farm as I'm not really into farming.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the status, devs! I'm sure it will be awesome whenever you are able to get the update pushed out to us!

ETA: Modified my itty bitty starter farm, based on checking out space_fetus' awesome build...I added some room for sprinklers too (Thanks @space_fetus for the great idea!)...now up to 128 plots, which for me, will be more than enough for quite a while...see second picture for the latest and greatest version of my starter farm.
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    Is it me or, there is shortage of water in near future? I mean 2500 plants max each day 2500 water...
    Djedo said:

Is it me or, there is shortage of water in near future? I mean 2500 plants max each day 2500 water...

1 Water = 10 Crops.
  • DjedoDjedo Member

Djedo said:

1 Water = 10 Crops.
    oh, thanks

• You have the water pack in the store which is relatively cheap and many people will probably buy it. Also there is an endless supply of water in tropical mines. Sadly even with a higher water consumption player price on water will always be handicapped with the fact it has to compete with the store water pack pricing.
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember

You have the water pack in the store which is relatively cheap and many people will probably buy it. Also there is an endless supply of water in tropical mines. Sadly even with a higher water consumption player price on water will always be handicapped with the fact it has to compete with the store water pack pricing.

I find it easier to just mine snow and ice and melt it down, imo....
  • edited July 2017
    Heh I never thought about the snow, thanks Koko >:D! I always forget that if you put frozen water next to a heat source it changes.....my mind gets blown each time. That is not sarcasm either.
  • Djedo said:

Djedo said:

Anyone know what is summer pack, or something like that, I think devs mentioned it earlier but no one says anything about that.

Still being worked on! Still coming!

CosmicCow said:

Djedo said:

Djedo said:

HE IS A PENGUIN! HE DEMANDS EQUAL RIGHTS TO HOMOSAPIENS! He is losing his lands to global warming, has this bird who can not fly suffered enough injustice?!

While we wait for new update, can anyone pls tell me what is the fastest way to maximize recubes production from farming?

Any news???
    We're doing regression testing now- but we also added some perks that were not seen in the videos. Sadly, they are to limit the # of livestock you can have, depending on farming level (up to 15 each for highest perk). Overall, it stands at a max farming level of 22 now.

The best way to max out your farm fastest will be to use good soil, pick land manager perks, and don't forget to water.
    Thank you for info gents!
    Why are the number of animals being limited???? Grrrr at you for that!
    Also.... I think i heard on one of gdogs vids that using a rain stamp will stop crops from growing as they need sunlight.. Is this true? Because i REALLY wanted to use my halloween night stamp for my farm!!!
    Please reply!!
  • The stamps should not effect the crops, I assume it is just a bug that they will have fixed. They could have coding that would restrict plant growth to only cloudy environments but that be silly.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    its so strange how people seem to think you cant have a nice looking farm with the current amount of crops available per realm. Im very happy with how mine looks and im glad i waited for more information before starting to build as everything fits perfectly :)
    for anyone curious its called space_fetus's farm
  • b3achyb3achy Member

its so strange how people seem to think you cant have a nice looking farm with the current amount of crops available per realm. Im very happy with how mine looks and im glad i waited for more information before starting to build as everything fits perfectly :)

Wow...just wow! Another amazing space_fetus build! I love how you already planned for sprinklers within your fields. The windmill is awesome! Liked the farm house, barn and water tower builds as well. Enjoyed the tree swing, though the bees were a bit close for comfort...had my benedryl at the ready. Looks like you are hoping for some rice planting in the future too. Yea, I can't imagine trying to manage more than a few hundred crops even with a tractor (but your layout makes it seem reasonable to be at the current max). This is a must visit/see realm, IMO.
  • its so strange how people seem to think you cant have a nice looking farm with the current amount of crops available per realm. Im very happy with how mine looks and im glad i waited for more information before starting to build as everything fits perfectly :)

lol same here space I wanted to build my farm early when there wasn't any news like Luca did but that back fired on him. Patience wins again!
  • This is looking pretty good now... We're going over some last minute stuff this weekend.
  • CosmicCow said:

This is looking pretty good now... We're going over some last minute stuff this weekend.

:0
  • So.. monday?

So.. monday?

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Monday- I think it'll be next week tho :o
  • DjedoDjedo Member
    edited July 2017
    Guys, who is ready for monday??? :D
    CosmicCow said:

This is looking pretty good now... We're going over some last minute stuff this weekend.

Don't forget to look behind farmer in farming center there is some sign that needs to be removed...
  • RYBIERYBIE Member
    I'll say Tuesday :)
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited July 2017
    My bad. Not a bug. My inventory was just full
  • I cant stand the waiting!!!! ......
  • DjedoDjedo Member

I cant stand the waiting!!!! ......

waiting is what you are going to do when you plant your crops. :)
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    Djedo said:

I cant stand the waiting!!!! ......

waiting is what you are going to do when you plant your crops. :)
    ^^^ So much this...especially if the fastest crop is 3 days on rocky soil and 1 day on premium soil (which I do have to wonder if it might not be helpful to have at least one crop that could grow in a normal play cycle (say a few hours)...especially if you can lose it all if you don't harvest it in time or don't water it enough ~~ but I'll wait to see what the released version holds as maybe that was one of the balancing things they worked on).

Wondering, will there be a 'farm' tag option for the type of realm (like "PvP", "Hangout", "Store", etc) as a farm is more functional than just 'decorative'?

And thanks for the status update to let us know the progress, @CosmicCow!! Glad it's progressing and looks promising to be released 'soon'. :)

(BTW, I chuckle at the term "soon" because to players it typically means in the next few hours, but to devs it often means in the next few weeks... ;) )
    Premium Soil (Quality Soil*) takes 1.5 days for Tomatoes not 1 day.