Preventing Vending Scam Idea

Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator
This isn't really the brightest idea, but what if the item you are buying and the price is bolded in the confirmation window so it makes it easier to see. I'm pretty sure there is some scientific knowledge that can back this up, I'm just too lazy to read.

Comments

• Eyes are can quickly recall things written in blue..
    Altho red catches eyes attention...
    I agree that it have some kind of bold font i guess..
  • Maybe the amount can be under lined as well
    +1
  • +1
    And players need to know one thing, wich is reading the stuff that is written above the YES and NO buttons. If players where more carefull, this tread would be considered useless
  • +1
    And players need to know one thing, wich is reading the stuff that is written above the YES and NO buttons. If players where more carefull, this tread would be considered useless

Time for the best quote ever
    There's a magical thing called reading
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I mean, this is a good idea, but it would only save your brain the .5 to 1.5 seconds needed to read the entire sentence. I'm not sure it's worth the time and effort to implement.
  • Charm'Charm' Member, Game Moderator

I mean, this is a good idea, but it would only save your brain the .5 to 1.5 seconds needed to read the entire sentence. I'm not sure it's worth the time and effort to implement.

The way it works is that the red catches the eye's attention before reading yes or no. If you know how much it costs, say 500c, and the owner puts 5000c, your eyes will see it first and your brain will stop your hand from clicking.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

The way it works is that the red catches the eye's attention before reading yes or no. If you know how much it costs, say 500c, and the owner puts 5000c, your eyes will see it first and your brain will stop your hand from clicking.
    That's not really how the process should work anyway.
    The hand should not automatically click pop-ups. The brain should not have to stop the hand from clicking pop-ups. The eyes should read, send the signal to the brain, and the brain tells the hand to proceed clicking.

This suggestion makes it easier to read. Does it make Qbees WANT to read? Probably not.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited July 2017
    If people don't bother to read it now. Then they aint gonna read it no matter what font or size the words are written in.
    In related news I think there is a fix coming to vends soon that will make these lind of scams harder to do.