What makes CC boring and not lively?

PyreonPyreon Member
edited July 2017 in General Chat
What makes CC boring?

What makes it lazy enough to not play?

What aspect of the game makes you stop because it becomes repetitive?

Say your answers here.

My one answer is because the game has limitations. If the game would have a limitation that is not very tight, i would be interested enough to play.
P.S. if there's another thread like this i would like you to close it immediately
P.P.S Also please put it in the right category, haven't used forums for months

Comments

• Well every game will get old some day
    Even if it was amazingly good there's a time where it just got old
    Well that's at least how i see it
    It depends
    It's boring if you're just building/mining/selling 24/7
    It's boring without people to talk to
    But it's also boring if you talk to people 24/7
  • I get bored of dealing with stupid people. Yes, stupid people. I wish there were more mature players and more building going on than there currently is, which is what bores me the most. I do like mining for hours and hours, but after a while, that gets old too.

Don't get me wrong. I do love this game, but I wish it just had more people than it does right now. I am honestly bored of some of these people I hang out with. Not that they bore me, it's just that I have been with the same kids for over 2 years now. I just wish I had more friends to choose from than the 7-10 people online everyday...
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited July 2017

Well every game will get old some day
    Even if it was amazingly good there's a time where it just got old
    Well that's at least how i see it
    It depends
    It's boring if you're just building/mining/selling 24/7

Well, CC is just starting off in 2-3 years now if I'm not mistaken, so that's a very young lifespan for it to get old.

• It's boring if you're just building/mining/selling 24/7

^True...
    you'll get bored with a game after you've played it for a long time,
    but you won't get bored playing a game if you find something interesting in that game or you have something that you need to achieve.
    and you might miss a game after you've left it for a long time.
    but you won't miss a game if you are changed (what I mean with changed is your mind or personality or current situation or anything else is/are changed)
    I've played this game since November 2014, during that period I didn't play this game 24/7, I also left this game a lot times and most of them caused by broken device, but I keep playing this game until today cause I want to finish all of my realms and rooms, but whenever I got bored of this game I just take a break at least 1 day break to play other game or doing other things.
    so my conclusion:
    • You won't get bored if you don't do anything excessively and vice versa
    • You won't get bored if you have something to achieve or friends or goals and vice versa
  • I love Cubic Castles and what bums me most is the lack of building variety. I would love new furniture and other building blocks. Like a small set to be released each month of five items or so but I know alas the man power is restricted. I am not asking for blocks that add new game play like say racetracks (which is very nice and highly appreciated) but for the love of god simple things like furniture. I find I use the same materials over and over. Not because I lack creativity it is just the amount of blocks available vs. the blocks I prefer leave for slim pickings *cry*.
  • It wouldn't be boring if you set a Mission in your mind when you play the game, like "What I'm going to do today is this and that", but that's what I usually do. Sometimes I talk to other CC Players especially Moron's son, dunno if you know Moron. I suggest that they would make it more Mincraft-y like Survival Mode or Creative Mode and to interact other players in other game we can just join the Main Server, but it depends if they wanna be unique and make the game original. So yeah! I sometimes get bored too but I have a Brother who is also playing CC and we both always play :D
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember

I love Cubic Castles and what bums me most is the lack of building variety. I would love new furniture and other building blocks. Like a small set to be released each month of five items or so but I know alas the man power is restricted. I am not asking for blocks that add new game play like say racetracks (which is very nice and highly appreciated) but for the love of god simple things like furniture. I find I use the same materials over and over. Not because I lack creativity it is just the amount of blocks available vs. the blocks I prefer leave for slim pickings *cry*.

I second this.

• ValleyValley Member

I love Cubic Castles and what bums me most is the lack of building variety. I would love new furniture and other building blocks. Like a small set to be released each month of five items or so but I know alas the man power is restricted. I am not asking for blocks that add new game play like say racetracks (which is very nice and highly appreciated) but for the love of god simple things like furniture. I find I use the same materials over and over. Not because I lack creativity it is just the amount of blocks available vs. the blocks I prefer leave for slim pickings *cry*.

Third this.
  • This is a question that has a very short answer;an that answer is
    • There are 2 kinds of people:
    • Creative People (Building Focused)
    • Money People (Business Focused)
    And why I'm saying this?
    As Grey said being a creative person you will build,but with the same blocks over and over and that gets boring pretty fast. And about the money people;when you wealthy simply you can trade and trade but like it's the same thing and as music when you listen to a song over and over it gets very very boring;so in the end the answer is you eventually find the game boring,you can chat with your friends but staying with people 24/7 will leave you nothing to talk about and you will get bored again,I tried the both ways;Building and Business but if you got no money you will get no blocks too so it's a chain that goes over and over and over,just repeating,because EVERYTHING not just games will get boring after doing it over and over
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

Can you make a list of the kinds of things you'd like to see added to block variety. Are simple blocks desireable? Or is more little models you want like furniture? How about a block that has a different texture on each side but places rotateable so you can choose which of the 4 textures to show (and maybe some kind of floor texture on the top) - Would that interest you?

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited July 2017

Can you make a list of the kinds of things you'd like to see added to block variety. Are simple blocks desireable? Or is more little models you want like furniture? How about a block that has a different texture on each side but places rotateable so you can choose which of the 4 textures to show (and maybe some kind of floor texture on the top) - Would that interest you?

Kew your blowing my mind I don't know about grey but I want this!
    Talking of rotating would love to apply that to existing blocks, wish I coud rotate the carved clan blocks etc

My most wanted blocks are
    Half,stairs,collums for more of the blocks

More sculpty variety like glass etc

The ability to buy individual types of sculpty rather than the pack.

Obs tons more but those are my basics
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

I know you asked it to grey but here is some things i thought of:
    Aplyable dye: you can apply it to everything to give it a new texture based on the color you use, like you use red dye on grass. Then you get red colored grass.... or use like brown for an autumn like color and such (that way you can also give normal tree blocks a seasoned color)
    Also the effect turns back on destroying the block

And maybe things like marble furniture

Or bear rugs and such
  • PiousPious Member
    Cubic Castles is never boring to me. There's always something to mine. Something to build. Someone to talk to. Yes, there's a dull moment every so often, but the game isn't boring, sometimes I just make myself feel bored. Sometimes I'm just boring.

There's always tons of action in Cubic Castles, and it's just up to you to get in on it. If I sat around in the same places and admired having the same things, I'd be bored too.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember

Before you add any of those, but can you make official signs rotate while at it?

Before you add any of those, but can you make official signs rotate while at it?
    Yea I forgot about that one
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

If I get your meaning those can't at present because they are a special case in that they can stick to walls. They're really meant as wall plaques.

• Uhm i guess sculpty being on store only? xD
    or the prices of realms so idk if I should buy or not xD
    Besides adding tons of blocks might change the community from being 85% shops..
    So thats why I created a thread wherein players can tell their desired blocks that could make their dream builds true :)
    Thread link ->http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10913/make-a-block#latest
  • Hmm CC is indeed boring, idk how to explain what's making me stay in cc, it's a sort of feeling that cc makes me happy about it but what's making me happy about it?? I think the people's kindness and helpfulness towards me, making me look foward to seeing it everyday.

If I get your meaning those can't at present because they are a special case in that they can stick to walls. They're really meant as wall plaques.

Yeah makes sense what about..

Kew your blowing my mind I don't know about grey but I want this!
    Talking of rotating would love to apply that to existing blocks, wish I coud rotate the carved clan blocks etc

My most wanted blocks are
    Half,stairs,collums for more of the blocks

More sculpty variety like glass etc

The ability to buy individual types of sculpty rather than the pack.

Obs tons more but those are my basics
  • Lemme annoy some peeps . "More clothes"

But of course yes, the game has limitations . But just try to think about ways to add things to the game, without making it look like a knock off of another Block building based game .
  • Thuggie said:

Lemme annoy some peeps . "More clothes"

But of course yes, the game has limitations . But just try to think about ways to add things to the game, without making it look like a knock off of another Block building based game .

Yes, most clothes are just recolors and higher price >:0
  • PiousPious Member
    Thuggie said:

Lemme annoy some peeps . "More clothes"

I feel like you saying anything is a knock off is like saying they're stealing it all from Roblox (which has literally everything, they themselves make knock-offs: they made an exact copy of a Dead Space helmet, for example).

If something has been worn in any game, you mean to say they can't be made in this one? I happen to fancy the Traffic Cone Hat. :(
  • Not having those baked potatoes in CC makes it so so so boring. All I wanted was a baked potato to hang out with.
  • MufflonMufflon Member
    edited July 2017
    Liberated said:

I have been with the same kids for over 2 years now. I just wish I had more friends to choose from than the 7-10 people online everyday...

basically

from the 4 people in my firendlist that sometimes are online, 3 are AFK and one never really talked to me?

• koekenbakkoekenbak Member
    edited July 2017
    Liberated said:

I wish there were more mature players and more building going on than there currently is, which is what bores me the most.

Truth has been spoken ;)
    Im starting to notice CC isnt a building game anymore but its slowly turning into a shopping simulator . and shopping simulators get bored easily (for me anyway)
    I rlly love cc because i can build with sculptys and pixelblocks...but building with those cost a fortune...im tired of trying to get that fortune.
    Grtz,Koek

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I have only ever been bored when I am not thinking of something new to build.
    CC is a game about being creative. People who cannot be creative are going to miss the point and end up bored. People who choose not to be creative should not complain that they end up bored. :)
  • IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited July 2017

More ice blocks please(stairs, halfs, sculpties, columns, jagged)!
    Layered Stone (eg. Sedimentary Rocks) found in mines!
    Fancy Tiles
    Blocks that can drop from above(harmful/harmless)
    Blocks that can be breakable through certain amounts of hits from wand
    (Will edit later)

Also glass and ice to be able to skin doors ^_^.

http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/uploads/imageupload/098/6FC831IT2PWK.png <fancy tile

More blocks will make CC way more exciting and creative imo :D

• Fluffy 303Fluffy 303 Somewhere Over The RainbowMember
    I used to play this game 24/7, and i always thought it was a fun game i rarely got bored in it. Buuuut as i have said many times Elsword came and took me away.
    I would get bored with Elsword and come back to CC so many times, so it was kinda like a switch switch kinda thing with me.
    Then i stopped playing Elsword as much along with CC because life took me away, also i have made a ton of friends on both games, and if i have their skype or discord i just talk to them there.
    I'm not saying CC is bad, i just stopped playing it. I come on when updates occur, so maybe if there were new kinda small things added each month, i would come on more. it sounds cute to me too! ^-^
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited July 2017
    I agree with previous comments that even your most favorite game can get boring after a while, so sometimes you have to take a break.

I haven't found CC boring yet, but I just found the game recently...so this is a noob's perspective.

I love sandboxy building games. The MMO aspect is nice when you can find a group of friends that you can trust/know well. I can see there are some good folks here and there is great potential for community/cooperation, but it takes some time going through the chaff of the boisterous immature folks that post a ton of hollas to find the good solid players because the good ones tend to be quiet, minding their own business, and just enjoying the game.

Also, I'm still in the process of figuring out what I like to do vs what I find boring. Put my long list of all that I'm figuring out in the spoiler...in short - farming and strip mining for me are boring. But I love mining for ore / following a vein. I like building, which is why I'm here in this game, but there could be more building options (see below). I like crafting, but it's a bit frustrating here. I stink at parkour, so that's not a draw for me. There are a bunch of things I still need to try. Details in the spoiler...
    - I have found that I love mining for ore...I think it's the hunt for that next block while following a vein. It's like an immediate mini reward for your efforts...and I often uncover other veins of blocks like marble, cave rocks, gems, etc. when I'm tracking an iron, coal, or stone vein.
    - I do like building, but wow, I've got a lot to learn based on the structures I've seen in game (I'm a bit of a pragmatic builder vs a grand builder). I have to agree that building is a bit limited with the blocks, furniture, and stuff we have (see additional comments in below); however, it's always been one of my favorite things to do in these games, and that is only limited by my creativity.
    - While I typically like crafting, I think I'd like crafting more if there were more discovery and reward tied to it.
    >> For example, in other games you don't know all the recipes right off the bat, and as a player you have to discover them before they are available in your tools to make them (of course, they quickly get posted to a wiki, so it's never that hard to learn new stuff).
    >> But when you discover a new recipe, you typically get more XP for your first time of "discovering"/crafting it, then you get a lower/standard level of XP for when you just regularly craft things.
    >> Also, a bit frustrated you get XP for using a workbench, but no XP for using a forge. Why don't you get XP for both?
    >> Also, recipes aren't consistent (for example, you can use grass and tropical grass to make string, but you can't use mountain grass to make string (or anything but a half block for that matter)).
    >> I also thought we'd be able to craft more basic clothing (and I understand having the special clothing for purchase as there needs to be some income for the developers).
    >> So, while I typically love crafting, my first impression of crafting here is that it's a bit clunky and a bit disjointed, and I'm finding it more challenging/frustrating than fun right now.
    - I'm not really a people person, so I was glad to see they have vending machines, as I'm not the type that wants to be stuck in a shop the whole time and interfacing with other players, some who I may not like a whole bunch as some tend to be beggars (too many Zynga games). I'm slowly building my shop to get in on the economy aspects of the game, but it's not my major interest area, but I can see it is a primary aspect of the game for some.
    - I already figured out that 'farming' the bushes/rubber trees here is a drudge for me (even though that was what I had originally planned to do to earn some cubits). Strip mining for things like sand/water/grass/trees also bores me, but I will do it if necessary for resources (as I hate to pay for something that I can do myself). Will be interesting to see if the new farming aspects will be interesting to me or more of a drudge. I get that some folks love the farming aspects, so glad for them for this upcoming update.
    - I totally stink at parkour...both in game and in real life. I find that part of the game a bit frustrating, and I still have two quests in my queue because while I know what to do, I can't get past them due to the parkour aspects yet. I'll get them, and glad that is offered to folks, but it's not my cup of tea. I suspect I'd be just as bad at the car racing aspects too, but still need to try that as well.
    - I do want to explore more of the realms/worlds. Some that I've seen thus far are amazing builds. I wish there was better control of the camera (already have it unlocked) as a zoom out feature would be nice to be able to see all of the bigger builds and a toggle to see through some of the walls would be helpful as they currently get in the way of the non-zoomable camera angle. Also wish there was a better index of realms than the maps, and a way for us to know which ones we've already visited and a way for us to track which ones we liked (as they might not be the ones rated the highest as we all have different tastes).
    - I am hopeful there are more puzzles to find, and I've not done much to participate yet in some of the player events (as 1 - I don't really know who to trust yet, and 2 - Some of the group things have too many annoying folks in attendance, so safer for me to avoid them). However, in another game, I had a small group of friends where we'd have weekly and monthly group games like hide and seek / mazes / find the pumpkins, etc. and this game, I think, lends itself to such fun activities.
    - I've also not gotten a pet yet, so I don't know about that aspect of the game yet. I know another game I've played (Faunasphere, long defunct) allowed us to breed our pets to get new colors, different ears/tails/eyes, etc. which was an interesting side game for some of the players who got to be known as excellent breeders in that game and they could market the eggs from their breeding efforts to others. Here, it looks like a basic leveling thing with the pets, and it sounds like they might help at higher levels on mining hunting trips for rare blocks. I still need to explore this area.

In short for me...still too much to discover before I'm bored.

OMG, as a noob, I had no idea these were supposed to be wall plaques as they are called 'signs'. I was getting really frustrated with them and must have tried ten different ways to try to get them to turn, and finally resorted to using a wooden sign in my realm instead of the prettier black sign. *facepalm*

Thanks for the clarification! Can this be put in a description somewhere?

I know you asked it to grey but here is some things i thought of:
    Aplyable dye: you can apply it to everything to give it a new texture based on the color you use, like you use red dye on grass. Then you get red colored grass.... or use like brown for an autumn like color and such (that way you can also give normal tree blocks a seasoned color)
    Also the effect turns back on destroying the block

And maybe things like marble furniture

Or bear rugs and such
    Love this idea where you can apply dye colors to just about anything to get effects that you'd like. Plus one from me on this idea!

I also like the idea of sets of furniture. I played a game called Windborne (which is also now defunct), where there were about 5 sets of furniture, which meant that all furniture and building items (chairs, tables, stairs, doors, windows, beds, cabinets, bookcases/shelves, lights, walls, foundations, roofs, signs, sofas, mailboxes, fences, columns, etc) were available for each set, and each set matched...so you had sets of marble, sets of wood, sets of stone, sets of sandstone/desert theme, and a 'dark purple'/spooky set. Of course, you could mix and match as you wanted, but you had these sets as baseline themes for your building projects if you liked things to have a consistent appearance. Initial sets matched the worlds/environments you could build, but they started to branch out with the introduction of the "spooky" set. So for CC, the sets could be tropical (think tiki hut/beach/FL stucco), forest (wooden/log cabin), arctic (igloo/ice/glass), mountain (boulder/stone), and desert (sandstone/southwest themed). Once you had full sets for each of the realm types, then maybe have sets based on holidays (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Patriots/Independence Day, Fall/Thanksgiving, Christmas). Then you could have others get released periodically like modern, antique, mismatched / early attic, metal, etc. Also, don't forget outdoor furniture for our pools / waterways / gardens.

Sorry such a long post, but tried to respond to multiple things in the one as I understand double posting is taboo around here.

• Can you make a list of the kinds of things you'd like to see added to block variety. Are simple blocks desireable? Or is more little models you want like furniture? How about a block that has a different texture on each side but places rotateable so you can choose which of the 4 textures to show (and maybe some kind of floor texture on the top) - Would that interest you?

I am for simple textures and new models! I know that new models would take longer because they are models so a once in a while set of new models like every three months I be fine with. Like I love what has been added in the packs like the candelbras but simple textures be highly appreciated as well just to give a different look to work with even if they are just recolors. Blocks that are rotateable would be great, like I love the race curb because I can use it to make walls of four different colors with the checkers pattern. I will take anything and am not looking for something specific. Just more options of patterns like different wood floors.