Pixel worlds and Growtopia

Who here plays one or both games? (:

Comments

• NerryNerry Member
    I played Pixel Worlds....
    Hated it.
    GrowTopia.
    Hated it.
    THE STORY OF MY LIFE, IT MAKES IT RIGHT.
  • CubitScopeCubitScope Member
    edited May 2017
    [I hate that you had to mention that lol. Two things in my past that still triggers me.]

Rant incoming ...
    Joined Growtopia in its first Cinco De Mayo (around May 2013) and it was great: the forums and in-game were still quite peaceful, the unavoidable scammers are still present but there were only a few of them, there was max. 1000 online at once. There were no quests, level limitations, achievements, growtokens, world locks weren't the MAIN currency, diamond locks weren't a thing, etc. Best era of GT imo.

The game started to get big and things became worse. There was even this guy who shared Cubic Castles in the GT forums in its first few months and a lot started to try this game out, including me.

Last time I played, it's trash. It's not newbie friendly anymore. Too many trade worlds. Scammers everywhere. Even the forums turned into trash. I only know 1 old player who stayed around and he isn't even active anymore for the same reason. Don't get me wrong I'm proud of Seth & Mike for how much their game grew but the players are the one who ruined the experience for me.

And if Growtopia was trash, what more with Pixel Worlds. It's just a rip-off of Growtopia. Even the rules in PW was copied from GT. I tried it — definitely not coming back. It's community is still fine since it's still in its first year but once it blows up (imo I don't think it will bc its a ripoff of another game), it's gonna be like Growtopia.

TL;DR...
    Shroob said:

Hated it.
    GrowTopia.
    Hated it.

• RootbeerrRootbeerr Member
    edited May 2017
    I play growtopia, because I play a game for its content and not its community. :) In March I started playing after 4 years of inactivity lol. Haven't made any friends yet, which is good.

• Pixel Worlds is like Growtopia but with a super kind community :D
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I have playes pixel worlds but deleted it again because it was plain boring, nothing special to do
  • Misticall said:

Pixel Worlds is like Growtopia but with a super kind community :D

I think so too (:
  • NerryNerry Member

[I hate that you had to mention that lol. Two things in my past that still triggers me.]

Rant incoming ...

Joined Growtopia in its first Cinco De Mayo (around May 2013) and it was great: the forums and in-game were still quite peaceful, the unavoidable scammers are still present but there were only a few of them, there was max. 1000 online at once. There were no quests, level limitations, achievements, growtokens, world locks weren't the MAIN currency, diamond locks weren't a thing, etc. Best era of GT imo.

The game started to get big and things became worse. There was even this guy who shared Cubic Castles in the GT forums in its first few months and a lot started to try this game out, including me.

Last time I played, it's trash. It's not newbie friendly anymore. Too many trade worlds. Scammers everywhere. Even the forums turned into trash. I only know 1 old player who stayed around and he isn't even active anymore for the same reason. Don't get me wrong I'm proud of Seth & Mike for how much their game grew but the players are the one who ruined the experience for me.

And if Growtopia was trash, what more with Pixel Worlds. It's just a rip-off of Growtopia. Even the rules in PW was copied from GT. I tried it — definitely not coming back. It's community is still fine since it's still in its first year but once it blows up (imo I don't think it will bc its a ripoff of another game), it's gonna be like Growtopia.

TL;DR...
    Shroob said:

Hated it.
    GrowTopia.
    Hated it.

I joined in 2013 also. It was fun then I was like. Meh.
    Because my brother and I only played Terraria.
    Came back, and everything died.
    Tried Pixle Worl.
    Suckkkkkkkkkkkked. Just a old 2013 GT.
    But not
  • I play Pixelworlds, but not much, am waiting for its pc release.
  • Misticall said:

Pixel Worlds is like Growtopia but with a super kind community :D

I think so too (:
    The community is only "kind" because it's new. If it ever blows up, the community will soon become a copy of growtopia.
  • Joshx87Joshx87 Member
    edited July 2017
    @KingHippoHello well... at least cubic castles are harder than gt in scamming and I like it this way. The only problem is the glitches that cc has like the keyboard glitch and many other.
This discussion has been closed.