• AshibugAshibug Member
    edited July 2017
    @DexterTheFox why are you still awake GO TO SLEEP
  • Wandering FoxWandering Fox Member
    edited July 2017
    [Comment Deleted]

• AshibugAshibug Member
    edited July 2017
    I thought It was due July 1st (today) and panicked thinking I couldn't turn mine in anymore :3

Anyways, I did different lighting tests because I wasn't quite sure which would've looked better to you

Lighting1
    forums

Lighting2
    forums

Lighting3
    forums

I also DIDN'T color it because I didn't have all of the colors uvu so I just tried to hatch shade it to make it look a bit interesting
  • Ashibug said:

I thought It was due July 1st (today) and panicked thinking I couldn't turn mine in anymore :3

Anyways, I did different lighting tests because I wasn't quite sure which would've looked better to you

Lighting1
    forums

Lighting2
    forums

Lighting3
    forums

I also DIDN'T color it because I didn't have all of the colors uvu so I just tried to hatch shade it to make it look a bit interesting
    I cant see it :0 there might be something wrong
  • Ashibug said:

Lighting1
    forums

Lighting2
    forums

Lighting3
    forums

I cant see it :0 there might be something wrong
    same :0
  • @Enderwither @Aj%20Baryza

Ty!! fixed uvu
  • Reminder submissions will be closed tomorrow!

Good luck everyone c:
  • Well here it is, earlier than expected xD This is just what i dont like in hand drawn when it's time to post it :3 although we could scan it but too much work lel anyways theres a mistake on the starry scarf, the yellow lining should be the orange one and the star inside should've been the yellow xD hope that doesnt disqualify me lol jk ^^ hope u like it

• im out

cya
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    Ashibug said:

im out

cya

Same

iam astonished by the quality of the lineart. The colouring is great even though it could be a little improved!
  • Ashibug said:

im out

cya

Same

iam astonished by the quality of the lineart. The colouring is great even though it could be a little improved!
    Same
  • IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited July 2017
    Haven't drawn a Qbee in forever.
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    @IcyTamTam33$PUPPY i like it :)
    @Miwky wheres urs Yakroo?
    Gonna do mine later i guess, if im awake haha
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    @Yakroo I'm binge watching today.
  • kurt... said:

Well here it is, earlier than expected xD This is just what i dont like in hand drawn when it's time to post it :3 although we could scan it but too much work lel anyways theres a mistake on the starry scarf, the yellow lining should be the orange one and the star inside should've been the yellow xD hope that doesnt disqualify me lol jk ^^ hope u like it

That style looks different and weird for me xD
  • KuRt...KuRt... Member
    edited July 2017

kurt... said:

:o is it weird ? xD whyy *should i change his skin color into pure white?* he would look much weirder though hahaha

• kurt... said:

Well here it is, earlier than expected xD This is just what i dont like in hand drawn when it's time to post it :3 although we could scan it but too much work lel anyways theres a mistake on the starry scarf, the yellow lining should be the orange one and the star inside should've been the yellow xD hope that doesnt disqualify me lol jk ^^ hope u like it

Very nicely done. And for me it's currently 11 pm I'm closing submissions in a hour cx
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    Gg im about to sleep haha goodluck talented artists :p
  • PandoritePandorite Member
    edited July 2017
    Submissions are now closed c: I've selected several finalists I can't seem to decide between and I'm consulting some friends for their thoughts c:

A secondary note. I'd like to thank everyone for joining. I love the artwork it's all very well done. Even if you don't win here. I know a few of you who may receive commissions based on the style presented here. One moment while I pull the names...

[]*Vicu*[] your darker style intrigued ArcDragon I'll have him contact you to talk prices and his request c:

Ashibug I plan to use your drawing once you finish coloring it.

kurt... Are you a art major? Seriously this is rediclous xD Amazing work, Do you draw for your own manga?
  • Pandorite said:

Submissions are now closed c: I've selected several finalists I can't seem to decide between and I'm consulting some friends for their thoughts c:

A secondary note. I'd like to thank everyone for joining. I love the artwork it's all very well done. Even if you don't win here. I know a few of you who may receive commissions based on the style presented here. One moment while I pull the names...

[]*Vicu*[] your darker style intrigued ArcDragon I'll have him contact you to talk prices and his request c:

Ashibug I plan to use your drawing once you finish coloring it.

kurt... Are you a art major? Seriously this is rediclous xD Amazing work, Do you draw for your own manga?

I would just like to thank you as well for giving those artist who draw manually i mean not "digital" (to be specific xD) a chance to showcase our talents and giving us more chance to win, well i know there are lots of great oppotunities from events out there too who prefer digital though for some other reason that I agree with too...

And also nope xD im not an "art major" hehehe and hmm maybe its just that I drew alot since young when im on my "mood" unfortunately it rarely happens now xD My main artworks are realistic portraits and I'm not too good with creating stories so i dont drew much manga although i wanted to lol but anyways thank you sooo much, I really appreciate the comment wkwkwkwk
    -*o*-
  • edited July 2017
    kurt... said:

kurt... said:

:o is it weird ? xD whyy *should i change his skin color into pure white?* he would look much weirder though hahaha

Idk, maybe something wrong with his left hand :/ the shading looks great thought
    Wait... I see it! The face and the hair just dont match I guess
    edited July 2017

kurt... said:

kurt... said:

Idk, maybe something wrong with his left hand :/ the shading looks great thought

Hands are one of the hardest features to draw p:

Kurt next time you're in the mood for a portrait I would love it of you let me commission a drawing.
    edited July 2017
    Apologizes for the double post. Would everyone who submitted a picture add me in game. I would like to give everyone something. Even if it's something small.

First place Kurt

Honourable mentions
    *Snoopie*
    []*Vicu*[]
    Swissy Dreamer
    DexterTheFox
    Ashibug

If I didn't mention you it's not a bad thing, I've drawn quite a bit myself. Nobody starts off at a professional level. These are simply the people I felt showed a great amount of effort in both this drawing, and learning the skill itself. I hope you all keep it up and share your drawings with me in the future. I may just need to hold another contest at some point (when I've made more c)

Again everyone please add me in game. I'd like to reward everyone.

Kurt if you have a specific request for a item with a estimate value of 10k I'll see if we have it. If not I'll just give you the c.

Close this thread please.
  • Pandorite said:

kurt... said:

kurt... said:

Kurt next time you're in the mood for a portrait I would love it of you let me commission a drawing.
    Well I'm just giving out my own opinion and suggestion about his drawing, if that's not allowed.... I know the hand drawing is hard, but its harder to do digital drawing, but easy to paint there :P
  • KuRt...KuRt... Member
    edited July 2017

Pandorite said:

kurt... said:

kurt... said:

Well I'm just giving out my own opinion and suggestion about his drawing, if that's not allowed.... I know the hand drawing is hard, but its harder to do digital drawing, but easy to paint there :P
    Actually I knew about the hands xD it was accidentaly when ive done the lining cause the sketch with pencil was abit messy lol ,there are mistakes on both hand but i managed to do something on the right one if u could see the wrong lining xD and on the left one it was a big mistake but i cant do something cause it would make the errors more easier to see and about the face and hair *jusr for me* long hair matches long faces so i think it fit
    Pandorite said:

kurt... said:

kurt... said:

:o its an honour for me xD

Aaaand thanksss xD ill think about the prize first
  • S.ziaS.zia Member
    Sorry if I shouldn't bump this,
    but congrats kurt :D I loved the coloring
  • *Snoopie* said:

Sorry if I shouldn't bump this,
    but congrats kurt :D I loved the coloring

Thaaaanks ^^ but it looks so different in the picture though xD i like it better inrl ,the color is smooth xD but anyways thankkkssss :D
  • Pandorite said:

kurt... said:

kurt... said:

Your opinion, I wouldn't say one is easier then the other. It really depends on the person. I personally can't do much beyond textures on a computer.
  • KuRt...KuRt... Member
    edited July 2017
    I agree, I've done portraits manually and tried one digital (entry on snowiez contest) but as you can see on my first try it looks much better than some of my manual drawing... I can't say exactly whats easier and harder but there are some advantage and disadvantages and the best example i could think of is the possibity to erase and change some part clearly and easier in digital if theres some error or something u dont like and thats the big disadvantage on the other hand :D so just my opinion too its easier in digital xD
  • Pandorite said:

:0 I'll be waiting! Feel free to add me in game if need to uvu