Adding a Timer to Vending Machines ( A possible way to prevent vending machine scams)

lazylupinelazylupine Member
edited June 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
How vending scams work, is people change the price quickly to a higher number, whilst people are buying the supposedly cheap items.

I literally paid 5k for a raffle token this way x_x.

In that case, Adding a timer between the amount of time you can change the price on a vending machine could be a bit effective.

The only thing about it, is shop owners who sell out quickly would have to wait a bit of time before they are able to change the prices on their vends.

Otherwise, this could help out a lot. x_x

Any other tips on how to make this suggestion stronger?

Comments

• A timer like a bomb animation could count from 5 when the owner sets the new price. So as soon as the owner picks a price the countdown begins and at 0 the price is changed.

OR people could:
    1 Read the trade screens
    2 Don't try to outsmart scammers
    3 Don't stay in scammer's realms or hollawarp "Scam here" because more people keep coming
  • A timer like a bomb animation could count from 5 when the owner sets the new price. So as soon as the owner picks a price the countdown begins and at 0 the price is changed.

OR people could:
    1 Read the trade screens
    3 Don't stay in scammer's realms or hollawarp "Scam here" because more people keep coming

I really like the bomb idea, it could kinda be like the nuke!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

A timer like a bomb animation could count from 5 when the owner sets the new price. So as soon as the owner picks a price the countdown begins and at 0 the price is changed.

OR people could:
    1 Read the trade screens

That bomb idea is nice :D

I like the idea, after all the vends are made to stop the scams with foundation blocks, not to make more ways to scam
  • +1000000
    ash you're not allowed to get scammed remember when someone did you in pen's yard rentals
  • +9999 been suggested many time xd.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Pssst - There might or might not be a fix coming for vending machine in an update soon :P
    Until then read confirmation windows.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    gdog said:

Pssst - There might or might not be a fix coming for vending machine in an update soon :P

Oh thnx for saying :P
  • Gdog dropping hints like a rabbit drops skittles from it's behind.
  • Misticall said:

+1000000
    ash you're not allowed to get scammed remember when someone did you in pen's yard rentals

oh well then you're gonna be mad at me bc the raffle incident happened today
  • good idea.
    such a shame scammers found a way to use vends for their purposes.

• Some form to combat scamming with Vends is welcomed but not if it comes with inconvenience, especially since being scammed by vends boils down to one thing only, carelessness.

I don't want this game to be shaped by scammers while the honest player like myself is punished. Due to the fact when you put one blockade for a means of scam, scammers a hundred percent of the time within just a few days will move onto a new form of scamming.
  • gdog said:

It's not just reading the confirmation windows. It's people's greed and thinking they can outsmart scammers. They know that it is coming but want to get the 'cheap' items
  • gdog said:

It's not just reading the confirmation windows. It's people's greed and thinking they can outsmart scammers. They know that it is coming but want to get the 'cheap' items
    So true!
    ---
    Also I want to share a tip for outsmarting the scammers- having an alt account with only less than 1K c on it and then when there is 'omg top hat 1c' scam Hollas, you can go and spam buy, you won't have to worry about getting the overpriced changes because you won't have enough cubits. I've gotten like 100+ top hats from those Hollas like that xD
  • gdog said:

I wasn't trying to outsmart the scammer. I didn't even know that's how Vending scams worked. So I felt pretty stupid afterward

I was literally only trying to get a few raffle tokens for my friend lol
  • gdog said:

I wasn't trying to outsmart the scammer. I didn't even know that's how Vending scams worked. So I felt pretty stupid afterward

I was literally only trying to get a few raffle tokens for my friend lol
    Don't worry, i didn't aim the outsmarting thing at you.
    I just see a lot of people moaning that they were scammed when they know full well it was coming

OR people could:
    1 Read the trade screens

Hm......Obviously, it should notify the player that the timer started.. Maybe 10 seconds for more security? People may take long...Maybe the timer resets and goes to 0 again once every qbee leaves the realm or room?

OR people could:
    1 Read the trade screens

Hm......Obviously, it should notify the player that the timer started.. Maybe 10 seconds for more security? People may take long...Maybe the timer resets and goes to 0 again once every qbee leaves the realm or room?
    10 would definitely be more effective... If there are plenty of people around it, it might be a bit impossible to see the numbers going off