Fidget Spinners

Comments

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited June 2017

Misticall said:

It's just a stupid toy.
    But it's fun to use.
    THAT'S WHAT TOYS ARE

True. They're fun and they can help you relax and ease stress, just like other toys :3
    I stole 2 fidget spinners just to not be stressed, I kinda have depression.
    I kinda don't believe you. People with depression rarely lash out at others and steal. Its themselves they wish to hurt not others.

Let's keep it on topic now all please.
  • gdog said:

Misticall said:

It's just a stupid toy.
    But it's fun to use.
    THAT'S WHAT TOYS ARE

True. They're fun and they can help you relax and ease stress, just like other toys :3
    I stole 2 fidget spinners just to not be stressed, I kinda have depression.
    I kinda don't believe you. People with depression rarely lash out at others and steal. Its themselves they wish to hurt not others.

Let's keep it on topic now all please.
    Nah I just feel anxious every day. Fidgets calm me down a little bit
  • TarteTarte Member
    I have anxiety..
  • no just no
    please don't
  • I have anxiety..

Do you use a spinner? o-o if you don't you maybe could try it
  • BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    edited June 2017
    Misticall said:

I have anxiety..

Do you use a spinner? o-o if you don't you maybe could try it
    What about using that money in a real doctor or medical help? Instead of a toy...
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Misticall said:

We should add them in game to support players with ADHD, autism, or anxiety.

If you have ADHD and this game isn't entertaining enough to deal with it, then why don't you instead find a different form of entertainment or another game?
  • Kokopelli said:

Misticall said:

We should add them in game to support players with ADHD, autism, or anxiety.

If you have ADHD and this game isn't entertaining enough to deal with it, then why don't you instead find a different form of entertainment or another game?
    It's not meant to serve the same purpose as an irl spinner, just to show symbolic support to our players who have ADHD, autism, or anxiety.

• fidget spinners aren't meant to be the representation of support for people with ADHD, autism, and anxiety..

They are distraction toys meant to distract people like them... although there are more people who don't have the disorders who have these for "helping" them

so:
    - inappropriate to use distraction toys represent support for disorders mentioned
    - fidget spinners aren't even scientifically proven yet to help with these disorders or help people focus
    - why not get one irl
    - people who say "i need an expensive LED neon fidget spinner to help me" even they don't even need it, are cringy

just to make you feel no personal striking down of suggestions (cuz I like making suggestions myself)

+1 not for fidget spinners but for hand item, spinning pinwheels!
    as for fidget spinner blocks.... the metal gears in game could be fidget spinners :D
  • YorukoYoruko Member
    I don't see why people hate fidget spinners. I mean like what? Their so fun to play
  • Here's my opinion on the topic. Instead of how rude some of you guys were, try to be more reasonable. The bad examples with the "noobs" getting scammed by the "pros" were utterly rude. Just imagine if someone did the same for YOU if you had made a suggestion.

But I kinda disagree with adding fidget spinners. They're gonna die out soon, so it'd be a waste of time and money getting them implanted into the game.

"fidget spinners aren't meant to be the representation of support for people with ADHD, autism, and anxiety.."

While this is true, They are widely used by special ed teachers to help them calm down. Which is where this statement comes from.

However, they are abused by children in schools.

@elemental god
    "-1 i have both ADHD and autism, but it already takes over minecraft and the rest of the world..... so please not cubic castles too ;_;"

So what? just because it may not be beneficial to you means nothing. There are different levels of autism, so everyone's different.

I personally don't think they should be added into the game considering you can't actually use them to fidget.

I also dislike how people started to use other games like Minecraft or Zelda as an example as to why this is a bad idea.
    Like what? CC is nowhere near similar to either game.
  • Here's my opinion on the topic. Instead of how rude some of you guys were, try to be more reasonable. The bad examples with the "noobs" getting scammed by the "pros" were utterly rude. Just imagine if someone did the same for YOU if you had made a suggestion.

But I kinda disagree with adding fidget spinners. They're gonna die out soon, so it'd be a waste of time and money getting them implanted into the game.

"fidget spinners aren't meant to be the representation of support for people with ADHD, autism, and anxiety.."

While this is true, They are widely used by special ed teachers to help them calm down. Which is where this statement comes from.

@elemental god
    "-1 i have both ADHD and autism, but it already takes over minecraft and the rest of the world..... so please not cubic castles too ;_;"

So what? just because it may not be beneficial to you means nothing. There are different levels of autism, so everyone's different.

I personally don't think they should be added into the game considering you can't actually use them to fidget.

I also dislike how people started to use other games like Minecraft or Zelda as an example as to why this is a bad idea.

No one ever said it was similar, it was a Example. Know the difference, Also i don't see how this could be seen as a way to support people with ADHD etc.. As someone said before there are many working solutions that would be more effective.
  • Spiridon said:

Here's my opinion on the topic. Instead of how rude some of you guys were, try to be more reasonable. The bad examples with the "noobs" getting scammed by the "pros" were utterly rude. Just imagine if someone did the same for YOU if you had made a suggestion.

@elemental god

No one ever said it was similar, it was a Example. Know the difference, Also i don't see how this could be seen as a way to support people with ADHD etc.. As someone said before there are many working solutions that would be more effective.

I didn't say anyone said it was similar? People are using different game examples as IF they ARE similar. So YOU should be the one to know the difference.

As I said before; Actual special ed teachers have given these things to their students and it has helped them. And even if there are many working solutions, doesn't mean that fidget spinners can't be one of them.
  • No....
    They are too small which in result no one can see them.
    And I see no point of those toys other than spinning... if you want to have something spinning for a long time in this game we have gears which won't stop spinning except there is no one in a realm (I think)
  • We have reached 500 views in little over than a day!
  • Spiridon said:

Here's my opinion on the topic. Instead of how rude some of you guys were, try to be more reasonable. The bad examples with the "noobs" getting scammed by the "pros" were utterly rude. Just imagine if someone did the same for YOU if you had made a suggestion.

@elemental god

I didn't say anyone said it was similar? People are using different game examples as IF they ARE similar. So YOU should be the one to know the difference.

As I said before; Actual special ed teachers have given these things to their students and it has helped them. And even if there are many working solutions, doesn't mean that fidget spinners can't be one of them.
    The games don't have to be similar for someone to use it as a Example "People are using different game examples as IF they ARE similar." Someone gave a Example a game wouldn't be the same if they added a Certain item, and which is basically the same for Cubic Castles to add A item that people use as toys instead of the reason people acutally claim its used for. If this were to be added in the game I could almost guarantee people would know it for a toy, NOT for what you say its meant for.

As for the thread, i'm sure if people would want to add a Item to support this, i don't think a Spinner would be the best item.

• Spiridon said:

Spiridon said:

@elemental god

The games don't have to be similar for someone to use it as a Example "People are using different game examples as IF they ARE similar." Someone gave a Example a game wouldn't be the same if they added a Certain item, and which is basically the same for Cubic Castles to add A item that people use as toys instead of the reason people acutally claim its used for. If this were to be added in the game I could almost guarantee people would know it for a toy, NOT for what you say its meant for.

As for the thread, i'm sure if people would want to add a Item to support this, i don't think a Spinner would be the best item.

this is kinda getting off topic lol ;-;

• YorukoYoruko Member
    I don't see why people hate fidget spinners. I mean like what? Their so fun to play
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Misticall said:

lIl natEY said:

-1 why? well, this is why

1. How could virtual fidget spinners help people with adhd, autism, etc. You dont feel anything at all, and well, fidget spinners help because of their FEEL and the fact that calm you down, watching a virtual fidget spinner that you cant spin is like eating virtual food and expecting it to make you full
    2. Fidget spinners are just a fad, true real fidget spinners help people irl, but so many people treat it like a toy and do so many dumb things with it just to make money (like making yt vids about it, making some, and re selling it) , its become a meme pretty much, in fact, my school banned it.
    3.Just....No

It's not meant to help ADHD people, just to have symbolic support such as the Nurse/Docs for Trevor.
    actually they sayed when they maked it it was suppost for people with autism (that it is for ADHD i never heard from) but it just let them focus on something for a change (most people with autism cant focus on one thing at the same time), thoguh it is not much of a help ;/
  • I don't see why people hate fidget spinners. I mean like what? Their so fun to play

it's a trend that will not last more than a few months.
  • XD the most weirdest idea I could found.
    Bro that's a good idea XD.
  • PyreonPyreon Member
    edited June 2017
    I wanted to use this because I have anxiety sometimes. Now my life has been ruined with the people who don't have that sickness but get too addicted ;-;
  • Misticall said:

HELL NO -1

ah yes, I just love it when people disagree without giving any reason at all;-;
    LOL
  • Spiridon said:

Spiridon said:

@elemental god

Yes, but mist asked for an example as to why fidget spinners would be bad. He didn't ask why it'd be bad to put into any game in general. Examples should only be determined as to why it would be bad for cc itself, not why it's bad for other games lmao
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    It's not that they'd be "bad" for CC. They wouldn't really have a purpose, since CC itself should already keep your hands and minds busy. They wouldn't improve CC, and there is already controversy around them irl, why wouldn't there be controversy in a game? The only function a fidget spinner would have in CC would be as a fashion accessory, which is NOT the function and should NEVER BE the function. The problem with fidget spinners irl is that people don't use them for their intended purpose and it creates problems for those that do. Why add them to a game where they CANNOT be used for their intended purpose?
  • Spinners are fine but adding them to the game would be pointless... It wouldn't be satisfying to those who might need it in real life for whatever reason because all they would be are pixels. Like gears but stupid.

• 666 views! >:O
  • SilverPinkSilverPink Member
    edited June 2017
    No thank you.
    Also, I see you're deffending your suggestion saying that it helps people with ADHD and that it helps poeple relax and more... but Qbees don't have ADHD or get stressed nor need something to focus on.. It's just useless to have them in games and the trend will die soon anyways. And if you want something to relax by spinning one of those, do it Irl, you don't need a qbee to do it.
  • Haborym said:

No thank you.
    Also, I see you're deffending your suggestion saying that it helps people with ADHD and that it helps poeple relax and more... but Qbees don't have ADHD or get stressed nor need something to focus on.. It's just useless to have them in games and the trend will die soon anyways. And if you want something to relax by spinning one of those, do it Irl, you don't need a qbee to do it.

I've said this multiple times in the comments: It's not supposed to actually help, it's more of symbolic support like the Nurse and Docs for Trevor.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Misticall said:

Haborym said:

No thank you.

I've said this multiple times in the comments: It's not supposed to actually help, it's more of symbolic support like the Nurse and Docs for Trevor.
    The nurse and doc hat are not symbolic support. They are real support as the money you have to pay to get them goes to Trevor to pay for actual medical treatment.

This discussion has been closed.