Some of my ideas

Ed  Ed Game Moderator
edited June 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Latest Suggestions

NPC, Quest Items, Roleplayer's Pack

I know NPCs have been suggested a lot before but what i wanted to mention is that it would be a great addition to the roleplaying side of the game having NPC characters that are able to do different actions like trading, giving quests and rewards, sharing information and vendors.

- Trading NPC - You are able to set the quest items that the trader buys for Quest Currency
- Vendor NPC - Sells other custom Quest Items for Quest Currency
- Quest NPC - Gives out quests which give you a reward to advance forward in the storyline, something like a key, a password, etc
- Information NPC - A basic NPC character which has a chat line set by you, either if its a hint, easter egg or just a random chat line

Quest Items would be inside the Roleplayer's Pack and they are the special items that u assign the NPCs to give out

- Quest Key - Used to open a door with a Quest Sentry
- Quest Sentry - As i mentioned before
- Quest Chest - Openable by anyone but it has client side items that are assigned by you, only useable once
- Quest Currency - Used to purchase Quest items from merchants
- Various items - A good example could be food or books that you have to deliver to a Quest NPC

Roleplayer's Pack would include the items mentioned earlier (not the NPCs) and some blocks (maybe)

Other additions
- The Quest NPCs could have an exclamation mark on top of their head when the quest if not accepted and a question mark when its completed (similar to WoW)
- Various themed blocks for the pack

Older Suggestions

Daily Quests Tweak

As we all know they are lame
Of course they are a great start for newbies but they are really pointles for most people who spent at least 100 hours in this game

I was thinking of having one of the 3 quests we get more challanging and ofc more rewarding
My idea is adding a new upgraded crafting bench that would use the reward of that quest in order to get new items
The reward of the special quest would be a Crafty Core which would be untradable
However the items crafted with it could be tradable
Some of the craftable items could be for example: - Carpenter's Car (Slower than the cars bought in store)
- Crafty Pet (A robot pet, nothing special about it)
- Builder's Pouch (A bag that adds a second inventory tab with few boxes)

The recipies would require a few Crafty Cores and some additional materials (for example the car could cost 5 Crafty Cores, 4 gears, 100 wood planks and 500 tacks)
Once you use the bench you would recieve a blueprint of the item that u could use in the rehydrator machines to get the item itslef

I cant think of many items on this theme but im sure there are ideas out there that could fit in

So how this would work is you get a quest on each third day
You would have to complete the other daily quests in order for these to appear since you can have a maximum of 3 quests active
They would ask you for hard tasks like: - Craft 100 accelo rings
- Complete 50 official parkours
- Collect 300 clothing items
- Complete 100 trades

If the quests seem too difficult there would also be a button to skip the quest so a new one will come the next time

The perk related to cubes could also reduce the time needed for these blueprints to finish

Decorative Packs

Dont you just ever want to build something amazing but then you realise you are missing an item
For example spring grass
But oops its gone since the easter packs

Before anyone says "But the economy will be messed up..."
Yes i know but theres plenty of other stuff for you to buy and sell, this game isnt all about economy it started as a building game

Can we possibly have packs for some of the decorations from some packs, they are just so good but way too hard to obtain
Nowdays its hard to make a great build without spending a few k's to get the good looking decos

My idea is having packs like: -Nature Pack (including all the plants from the different seasonal packs in different ammounts and for a resonable price to make it good for both player and developer perspective)
-Food Pack (maybe not including every piece of food thats currently in the game but some of tham and maybe some new ones only for this pack)

Better camera control for better cinematics
Im sure everyone remembers the trailer contest from back in 2016
Well im sure if we would have more camera options that could have been full of better looking trailers
Now im not saying that they were not good but some diversity in the way u can use the camera can bring a cinematic or trailer or whatever else look way better
I was thinking of maybe having the option for the people with perms in the realm to be able to use some different commands for the camera

For example: -Being able to use the camera freely just like you would be flying, without the qbee moving
-The option to hide the entire hud, i know the F2 key hides it partially but it would be much better having it completly hidden for some nice looking shoots
-Being able to slow down or speed up the camera movement or even having a smooth camera option

Im sure this would please some content creators working with cc stuff

Comments

• justmegjustmeg Member
    Yes please <3 would love to see all of this in game. especially if we could have more camera options
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    some great ideas here ed
    as far as the camera options i would love the option of a 'camera mode'
    maybe the option to hide qbees etc i always want to get shots without my qbee in
  • RYBIERYBIE Member
    Amazing ideas :P +1
  • Awesome ideas! :0 +999
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited May 2017
    +10
    Also, i think the camera one should be usable on mobile too! Using commands with the "/"
  • +1 to all and i love the sound of new crafting items and quests since I can't be bothered doing quests for 50c
  • JadabugJadabug Member
    Yaaaas give me the vines and grass! More quest! Camera options! +1
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Bump added an idea c:
  • +1
    The info NPC idea is cool, like from terreria the guide.
    And all the other ideas are awesome :)
  • This is The Best Idea I ever read! Trading NPC? COOL
  • Y1_s2Y1_s2 Member
    +1
  • +1