Ramm week improvement

epieownzepieownz Member
edited May 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Hello everyone.
As most of you all know there is a ramm week.
Lots of players including myself participate in it and make awesome builds to get the ramm pet.
Some super talented builders, some a bit less (like me) and some completely new.

there's just one thing: some people do their uttermost best, but its just not good enough.
and some people find it challenging to make a good build.
I therefore would like to ask to cubic castles to also give a chance to the people that are new to building and the people that were so close but didn't make it nonetheless.

My suggestion is to hold a sort of raffle. Everyone who made a ramm statue, and didn't win, gets a number.
All the numbers are put in together and then 1 or 2 entries will be chosen and those people will get a ramm pet. This way everyone who participated has a change of winning a ramm pet.

Comments

• I think it would be awesome if they did a forum raffle for a Ramm for those who participated. Not all of us are building stars and it would be more fair. Not that I think it is unfair but it is like saying one person deserves to eat because they have a talent that the other lacks. More Ramms the more merrier :D!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I may be mistaken, but I swear they did a Halo giveaway at Valentines and 10 won by their build and 10 random. I cannot remember and honestly may be wrong, anyway...

I'm sure IF they did it in the past, I don't see why they couldn't again as it would be more fair

I for one didn't enter the Ramm contest cause I have no hope against the top dog builders
  • epieownzepieownz Member
    edited May 2017

I may be mistaken, but I swear they did a Halo giveaway at Valentines and 10 won by their build and 10 random. I cannot remember and honestly may be wrong, anyway...

I'm sure IF they did it in the past, I don't see why they couldn't again as it would be more fair

I for one didn't enter the Ramm contest cause I have no hope against the top dog builders

exactly this is the problem.
    I myself aren't the best builder too.
    I know for a fact that losing a contest where you put hard work in hurts and discourages people (Halloween contest :( ). Some people get past that and participate next time but others will say I am not good enough and i never stand a chance. They wont participate anymore. That's why everyone who made a ramm build should have at least a small chance to win.
  • I agree... I put a lot of work and materials into my build. ;-;
  • IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited May 2017
    Before I entered the contest, I ask myself:
    Is this a 1million cubit effort I put in?
    Is this a build that deserves a Ramm?
    Does it meet the requirements?
    (Last winner isn't out on Facebook yet ;-;)

I mean what if some people didn't put effort at all and won it because it was a "raffle"? Or it doesn't really highlight the Ramm etc. They are giving out RAMMS after all. There could be honorable mentions maybe :P. I understand what you mean, though :)
    So yea... voted "maybe, idk".
    Edit: Congrats to forum winners btw :D
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited May 2017
    >We first had a poll from all players who cried not to have a ram , so admin bowed to players
    >Now, we have a poll for all non-winner of a ram.
    >What next? Just know that once 50% of player will have a ramm, you'll lose the poll^^

Go on with this, i'm sure admin will bow again (as they did with umbrella too)
    And really i love so much random raffle! Best way to reward skills...
    Keep the good ideas On!

My god.... sad world -.-
  • KuRt...KuRt... Member
    *just my opinion*
    -this way, lots of players would join even though they know they wouldn't win ,just like what icy tam said, there may be players who will join without exerting that much effort just to join or participate in the raffle...
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It's a good idea. I don't think we'll just add it to the ramm week contest, but for future build contests it's something we'll keep in mind.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    maybe we shouldn't look at this as a discouragement of players without amazing building talents. Maybe should be saying oh look new cool build contests are become a little more frequent and all the people who haven't given building much of a go might focus on it a little more now and improve their skills :)
    for those of you needing a little help with building in general i have started doing a few youtube tutorials, maybe you could pick up a few techniques that might really help you moving forward :) you can find me as space_fetus on youtube for those interested
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited May 2017

It's a good idea. I don't think we'll just add it to the ramm week contest, but for future build contests it's something we'll keep in mind.

To my mind Raffle & Random thing are just the best way for the regression.
    ...and i full agree with space fetus.

So if next event get a raffle for loser, i'll build something with 3 blocks, claiming it's a ramm.

Great! I love things which raises society !!!

• epieownzepieownz Member
    edited May 2017

So if next event get a raffle for loser, i'll build something with 3 blocks, claiming it's a ramm.

lol. of course you can only enter the raffle if you did your best, XD.
    But solid point, some people would use it to slack off and enter the competition without doing much effort. But that's not the goal its too give hardworking builders who are new or whose build are good, but just not good enough a little chance too.

• epieownz said:

lol. of course you can only enter the raffle if you did your best, XD.
    But solid point, some people would use it to slack off and enter the competition without doing much effort. But that's not the goal its too give hardworking builders who are new or whose build are good, but just not good enough a little chance too.

Sure, but what you think most players will do with a raffle?
    I guess you are too trusfull in human kind (looking at scammers...)
    Players who worked hard will just be drown in random players who made the minimum to join the raffle. Be sure of this, whatever you think ;)
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Always the skilled or the rich who complain, "sad world -.-"
  • Always the skilled or the rich who complain, "sad world -.-"

Dont worry Mr. Penguin, Admin cares about the mob, not about the good sense. They'll have attentive ear about this.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yeah indeed, i have the feeling always the same persons win..... +1
  • JAXsepticeyeJAXsepticeye Member
    edited May 2017

Maybe those few people that get chosen for the "honorable mentions" can be included in the mini raffle to eliminate people who obviously didn't try.. also that's what raffles are ;-; chances Ms.Sassy Pants

+1 :3 so at least the people who were honorably mentioned still have something to look forward to for trying and not just a finished event