Support other languages.

So i've been thinking for quite a while to me to come here on the cc (Cubic Castles) Forums to suggest a simple thing but really useful.

Other languages:

There is a big problem in cubic castles, it just supports english and why is this a problem?

Because players from countrys like Brazil, Portugal, Mexico, etc... doesn't understand menus or things like that because the game is just on english.

So my suggestion is to add new languages support like Portuguese BR, Portuguese PT, Spanish and other languages.

:DDDDDDDDDDD

Comments

• I believe it's already possible by seetings, maybe, no idea, but if no, +1100000

Also needs to be able to chat in different langauges :D
  • I believe it's already possible by seetings, maybe, no idea, but if no, +1100000

Also needs to be able to chat in different langauges :D

Actually you can't... :/ Support the idea (add Français)
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I believe Kewb did say it's not supporting other languages yet but as the game grows he might add it. I cannot remember exactly what he said, or it may have been Cosmic.

@SirKewberth
  • +10, maybe the cc staff could make a event to people translate the game in other languages, because google translate isnt 100% effective.
  • -1 because it would be a lot of extra work... there are always translating/language learning programs '-'
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited April 2017
    Misticall said:

-1 because it would be a lot of extra work... there are always translating/language learning programs '-'

most learning programs you need to pay
    translating isnt 100%

we need language support.
  • Piratax10 said:

Misticall said:

-1 because it would be a lot of extra work... there are always translating/language learning programs '-'

translating isnt 100%

1) 'need' and 'want' mean very different things .-.
    2) there are multiple free language programs. for one, Memrise is pretty good.
    3) I have found that google translate works pretty well for basic translations. I've had conversations with people from other countries with its help.
  • Misticall said:

Piratax10 said:

Misticall said:

translating isnt 100%

3) I have found that google translate works pretty well for basic translations. I've had conversations with people from other countries with its help.
    Yeah, but who wants to go back and forth to the internet then cc to translate? Alot of extra work, 'specially for mobile users...

Also you seem to say "Just go learn English". It's not like, "I think I'll learn a language today." Languages take alot of work to learn, especially just for a game...Just my opinion
    edited April 2017
    Misticall said:

Piratax10 said:

Misticall said:

translating isnt 100%

i dont want, i prefer english then portuguese, but some people NEED it like my brother does.

most languages like portuguese require more then basics...
    i dare you chat with a brazilian perfectly using google translate
  • Piratax10 said:

Misticall said:

Piratax10 said:

Misticall said:

translating isnt 100%

i dont want, i prefer english then portuguese, but some people NEED it like my brother does.

most languages like portuguese require more then basics...
    i dare you chat with a brazilian perfectly using google translate
    The difference between 'need' and 'want' is huge. When you 'need' something, you require it to live and have a normal life. For example, you need food and water. You don't need, however, a phone or computer. Those are luxuries.

Wanting something means you would like to have it as an unnecessary luxury. Like if I want a new jacket. I don't need it to live.
    ---
    So after that, I hope you understand that language support is a want, not a need '-'

---

Misticall said:

Piratax10 said:

Misticall said:

translating isnt 100%

Yeah, but who wants to go back and forth to the internet then cc to translate? Alot of extra work, 'specially for mobile users...

Also you seem to say "Just go learn English". It's not like, "I think I'll learn a language today." Languages take alot of work to learn, especially just for a game...Just my opinion
    ---
    You do have a point there, it would mean a few minutes of extra work. But if someone doesn't want to put a few minutes into translating, they probably don't care enough for it to be an issue for them.

On the other hand, I haven't said for them to 'Just go learn English". The point is that it's not really a pressing issue at the moment, and people can use basic translations until it's added.

Also, I've been to some other countries, and most people there tend to know at least some basic English. Most people should know a bit hopefully.
  • Nice idea! Its nice talking with people from other countries :)
  • edited April 2017
    Well not necessary,
    First, y isnt it good for english?
    English supposed to be international language, that means everybody will learn about it. And the game only uses some simple english, is it so hard to learn something basic?

Second, adding multiple languages wouldn't help, It will cause the people to anti-community, like only chating with people from the same country. (Well this already happens bcos of the flag)

Three, it doesn't sounds as easy as it could to add a language, most of the time, its hard, and even may bring more lags to the game.

About the language translation, mostly the language translation tool wouldnt works 100%, I can tell even most of the words translated are incorrect....
  • Well not necessary,
    English supposed to be international language, that means everybody will learn about it.

Second, adding multiple languages wouldn't help, I will cause the people to anti-community, like only chating with people from the same country.

Three, it doesn't sounds as easy as it could to add a language, most of the time, its hard, and even may bring more lags to the game.

About the language translation, mostly the language translation tool wouldnt works 100%, I can tell even most of the words translated are incorrect....

PREACH IT, BABY!
    This is EXACTLY my point! o-o
    edited April 2017
    Misticall said:

Well not necessary,
    English supposed to be international language, that means everybody will learn about it.

Second, adding multiple languages wouldn't help, I will cause the people to anti-community, like only chating with people from the same country.

PREACH IT, BABY!
    1) some people HATE english, are lazy, or cant learn because are young players, then young players arent allowed to play? Because they need be forced to learn a language to just play his game???
    Btw, most countries dont speak english. And i can proof that.
    2) they already do that, but some of the non-english speakers are quitting because they dont understand english and cant play like a true player. My brother is a TRUE example.
    3) actually, its unknown, its only text, but depending on the method the admins made the game, there may be "item-copies" then yes, the chance of lag would be big

OBS: im not fighting, im telling the truth, and i hope there are no "rage replies" or "american patriotism" here because if it happens i will ignore this, because this quote is already way too big and is causing others to wont even pay attention to the original suggestion.

Also i suggest an admin or mod comment on this suggestion, as they know code and/or cc better then players.

@Horus @Cortana @SirKewberth @Hinter
  • edited April 2017
    Piratax10 said:

Misticall said:

Well not necessary,

PREACH IT, BABY!
    1) some people HATE english, are lazy, or cant learn because are young players, then young players arent allowed to play? Because they need be forced to learn a language to just play his game???
    Btw, most countries dont speak english. And i can proof that.
    2) they already do that, but some of the non-english speakers are quitting because they dont understand english and cant play like a true player. My brother is a TRUE example.
    3) actually, its unknown, its only text, but depending on the method the admins made the game, there may be "item-copies" then yes, the chance of lag would be big

OBS: im not fighting, im telling the truth, and i hope there are no "rage replies" or "american patriotism" here because if it happens i will ignore this, because this quote is already way too big and is causing others to wont even pay attention to the original suggestion.

Also i suggest an admin or mod comment on this suggestion, as they know code and/or cc better then players.

@Horus @Cortana @SirKewberth @Hinter
    First as you know, most of the games, phone games nor pc games or whatever, it'll be english all the time, well but, maybe sometimes they support other languages too, but sadly, not all games.
    So you're teling me all games that aren't support other languages force you to learn english? Nah! Its your choice thou, you can play this game without learning english too, all u need is just a friend who can speak same languages as you.

About your brother, its juz bcos u dont teach him how to play thats y he quit.....
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited April 2017
    As good as it sounds, the game isn't even close to a finished product to consider any translation implemented any time soon. Though generally, I agree, translation would be a great addition for those who doesn't speak English or knows it just a little.

Screaming "learn English what can be so hard about that?!" is quite hypocrite, sorry to those who passionately defends the need of knowing English, as if it was something someone will die without. Some people CAN'T and WON'T learn it because it's not used in their countries, some simply just can't understand it generally.

I can even give a great example from my own life. I have a little cousin, who generally doesn't understand English, no matter how much time he spent on attempting to learn it, that's the main reason he stopped playing CC. And there's many others who stopped for the exact same reason. Even if they can somewhat socialize with other players, they're going to have a rough time attempting to understand the rest of the text in the game. I am myself, have been learning and practicing English for 15 years and still do, yet it's still far from perfect. Before judging and throwing some temper tantrums, think that there's other countries around, besides your own.

I also don't see how translations will "divide the community by languages". If you haven't noticed, it's been divided since the very beginning, who else can help a person that knows little to no English, besides somebody from their own country? Look around yourself, you will see that CC is a MMO that welcomes players from all over the world, you can't expect every single one of them to know English good enough to understand everything.

So generally +1 from me to this suggestion, I'd even gladly contribute to translation for my native language, if they'll ever decide to do that.
  • Well not necessary,
    English supposed to be international language, that means everybody will learn about it. And the game only uses some simple english, is it so hard to learn something basic?

Second, adding multiple languages wouldn't help, It will cause the people to anti-community, like only chating with people from the same country. (Well this already happens bcos of the flag)

Er... that's kind of untrue... more language support would help out those who don't speak English! ^^
  • BlakedBlaked Member
    edited May 2017
    Actually our spanish players (including me) still can't write the "ñ" "Ñ" script :/
    Dawnified said:

Well not necessary,

Er... that's kind of untrue... more language support would help out those who don't speak English! ^^
    Really we need more support, maybe the game is in english, but if a spanish talks to other spanish, It is weird to have to talk to each other in English if they can do it in their language.
    Actually I'm agree with Dawnfied and players who wants and waits for translation or typing script addition.
    And well, if someone feels "harmed" when someone is agree with multilanguage stuff into game, he/she doesn't have to, as Cortana mean, they turn out to be discriminative, and I was knowed some players into game who discriminates other countries...
  • Blaked said:

Actually our spanish players (including me) still can't write the "ñ" "Ñ" script :/

Dawnified said:

Well not necessary,

Really we need more support, maybe the game is in english, but if a spanish talks to other spanish, It is weird to have to talk to each other in English if they can do it in their language.
    Actually I'm agree with Dawnfied and players who wants and waits for translation or typing script addition.
    And well, if someone feels "harmed" when someone is agree with multilanguage stuff into game, he/she doesn't have to, as Cortana mean, they turn out to be discriminative, and I was knowed some players into game who discriminates other countries...
    I know what you mean. We should add Ñ, its hard to communicate, especially when u try to say "age" (año) anyways, more languages would help a lot the game, so +10
  • actually i agree on this and for the translating apps don't give you 100% correct sentences they could do it like the app discord and make translation teams it will help in settings item names learning what does what but i think adding each letter of every well known language would be harder and a lot of players would help in translating the game example:this person speaks english perfectly but their main language is french they decided to help in translating to french.this would help ask me as a person who felt the pain of playing without knowing perfect english it was amazingly hard i joined when my english was very low and that was a lot of pain going seeing a weird looking item "what does that do what is that" or seeing stuff in cubit store and not understanding what it is or even quests +1(five lines of zeros)