How often would you like to see CC news?

HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Since the Cubic Castles Facebook page is getting a refresh (in progress), we'd like to keep it regularly updated: https://www.facebook.com/cubiccastles/

It will keep you notified of the latest:
- Patches
- Events
- Contests

As well as have:
- Exclusive giveaways/contests
- Realm/Fan-art showcases
- Upcoming content sneak peeks.

The question is, how often would you like to see us post?
Are you a fan of getting daily updates, or would you prefer to see only the few important posts?

Feedback greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Oh yes! Wooo so happy to see the facebook page active again!
  • edited April 2017
    Oooo, They should make news paper in Cubic castles x.x
    I would like to see you post daily - 1-3 days.
    Edit: Wow ;o when I comment a lot of others do too :O
  • Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Exclusive Giveaways :)
    -Daily
  • Giveaways O: Yes
  • A few times a week would be nice. :)
  • I would prefer daily or 1 - 3 days, because i am more interested in future updates and items than the giveaways and such, building contests are fun too.
  • I would also like to see articles like Q and A with the developers, CONCEPT ART IF THERE IS CONCEPT ART, I would like articles on members of the community like builders who can give advice on building or say merchants giving advice on selling. MOD Q AND As! So much potential >:O!
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Keep it as active as you want.

It'll just be a post on the timeline like all the other pages I follow.
    The beauty of facebook is that if you are getting to many updates you have the option to see less or not see them at all from specific pages/groups. Without unfollowing.
    You can even set it so you'll be notified if you wish.

Remember facebook is stupid and even if you post daily only a very small percentage will actually see the posts on their timeline.
    They want you to pay to get it seen by everyone first time. With the boost post feature.
    This is why the bigger groups will post the same article multiple times over the course of a day.
    Also if you engage with the page a lot that will increase your chance of actually seeing every post.

So do as you will and let facebook users use the tools in facebook to make their own independent decision on how often they see updates without impeding those that do want to see regular posts.
  • For me, I don't really like dsily updste I guess, but 1 post every 2-3 days will be okay :)
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    As often as you can manage XD
  • IcyTamTamIcyTamTam Member
    edited April 2017
    Liberated said:

A few times a week would be nice. :)

Yup. I feel the same too :D
    Off topic but I'm wondering about Twitter because you guys don't seem to use it as much. For example the system message once said "Be sure to follow us on FB and Instagram" something along the lines of that, but no Twitter. Why D:
    I've actually tweeted to the Cubic Castles page before and they replied. The creator of the page said she(I think it's she, based on the person's name) was a social media manager who can send feedback to the development team or something.
    She might not be a direct admin(or maybe she is, who knows), but is that why the twitter page isn't "as important"? ;-; because you guys never advertise your twitter page.
    Just a question!
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator

Liberated said:

A few times a week would be nice. :)

Yup. I feel the same too :D
    I'm wondering about Twitter because you guys don't seem to use it as much. For example the system message once said "Be sure to follow us on FB and Instagram" something along the lines of that, but no Twitter. Why D:
    I've actually tweeted to the Cubic Castles page before and they replied. The creator of the page said she(I think it's she, based on the person's name) was a social media manager who can send feedback to the development team or something.
    She might not be a direct admin(or maybe she is, who knows), but is that why the twitter page isn't "as important"? ;-; because you guys never advertise your twitter page.
    Just a question o.o
    Yeah greymalke, she used to play and do media stuff way back.
    Think she stopped for reasons unknown to me.
  • Yes
  • SnowiezSnowiez Member
    edited April 2017
    Im really happy that there's finally an active facebook page but i wanted to suggest maybe also make an instagram one cuz...i dont use Facebook and ik many others dont as well.. just a suggestion tho
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    Sometimes new updates in game not appear in facebook, I ussualy know about updates here in forums.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    as often as possible is the best :D
  • I think i would want to see it on monday and friday.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    personally i would love to see daily updates, not only about staff related things but also community related, whos holding giveaways? building contests, who has launched new realms. by promoting these sort of forum threads within the facebook page the community grows, people who dont have the forums still have a chance to hear about the cool community projects running on a weekly basis.
    DO IT! :D
  • ValleyValley Member
    edited April 2017
    I would like to see this happening over on Instagram also, the Instagram account barely posts stuff and the last post I remember was from way back last year. Not saying to post every day but some more information on upcoming updates and events would be nice
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    feebi said:

I would like to see this happening over on Instagram also, the Instagram account barely posts stuff and the last post I remember was from way back last year.

Last one was black friday last year
  • I think that you should post every 2-3 days if possible.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Personally i have little care for Facebook. All game news i get are directly on site or on steam.
    I think steam should get more love from CC.

Perhaps a new and active publicist could be considered.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I think it should be Facebook over Steam, or both, this is mostly a Mobile game as said by Admins many times O.O!

Couldn't there be a Cubic News ig like many have suggested?

• BJDware said:

Personally i have little care for Facebook. All game news i get are directly on site or on steam.
    I think steam should get more love from CC.

Perhaps a new and active publicist could be considered.

Agreed. Honestly, there should just be an official "news agent" for Cubic Castles, a separate team called da "News team" just like the staff team
  • I think it should be Facebook over Steam, or both, this is mostly a Mobile game as said by Admins many times O.O!

Couldn't there be a Cubic News ig like many have suggested?

I agree, the news feature on the in-game menu should be used a lot more often.
  • enza widowenza widow Member
    edited April 2017
    Personnaly, i hate facebook and any social erratum like this, so...

Maybe Email news or rather steam news would be cool
    Concerning facebook, i wouldnt care if it's never updated
  • CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited April 2017
    Okay so definitely we're bad at communication! Like right now when we're deep into creating the farming update, we go a little incommunicado... We will try to be a little more chatty. So.. We're working on the farm update :)
  • CosmicCow said:

Okay so definitely we're bad at communication! Like right now when we're deep into creating the farming update, we go a little incommunicado... So we will try to be a little more chatty. So.. We're working on the farm update :)

Just add a few cow decor while your at it :D we could use some mootivation
  • CosmicCow said:

Okay so definitely we're bad at communication! Like right now when we're deep into creating the farming update, we go a little incommunicado... So we will try to be a little more chatty. So.. We're working on the farm update :)

Why not actual cows? :)
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    CosmicCow said:

CosmicCow said:

Why not actual cows? :)
    I will give you all my money for cow pets and ride able horses!!
    Take my money!!