CC going down hill

commander Capcommander Cap Member
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Ok so, CC has gone down hill. It used to be when you had a shop you were poplar. When you had good builds you were popular. When you were good at PVP/parcour you were popular. But now you try and sell something and kids say "buy" then you grab it and go to your reg, only to have your time waisted by a trade for tools for your ghost mob. Then when your in a place like pens, all these "noobs" spam your reg with junk and when you don't buy it they say "I'm going to report you to the forms"
Or even better when you see a Lvl 0 with a custom flag, ex-mask, Santa shirt, camo pants, and a heart balloon. You know it's an alt to a high Lvl but there running around asking for donations and when asked where they got the nice clothes, they say "Some one donated to me"
We need to change back to the good times, when all a new player needed was to be show where to find things so he can get rich like the pros. When you were popular for the good you did not the scams you tryed or the hollas you spam. We need to stop scamming and stop begging for nice things and start working hard for what we have. When I was a noob the most anyone did for me was a friend sold me a piggy bank for 300c. Now our "kids" are spoiled, and people make alts not because there at max Lvl on there mains but to trick people into donating to them.
Now that you read my long rant, how do you think we can change?
Can we even change?

Comments

• Mr.PudMr.Pud Member
    edited March 2017
    There's nothing we can do, we cannot change every single player's minds so they can stop begging and scamming.
    By the way, cc isn't going downhill because of the community, after all, every single online game has a community just like this one and they're still up.
    There are lots of players like this, and I'm pretty sure there where lots of it's kind a long time ago as well.
  • Mr.Pud said:

There's nothing we can do, we cannot change every single player's minds so they can stop begging and scamming.
    By the way, cc isn't going downhill because of the community, after all, every single online game has a community just like this one and they're still up.
    There are lots of players like this, and I'm pretty sure there where lots of it's kind a long time ago as well.

Yeah, true. But the higher Lvl and the low Lvl for that matter attitude has changed a lot over the years.
    Yes CC is still a great game, only if you keep to your self and talk only to your friends.
    At least in my opinion.
  • Sir John GreySir John Grey Member
    edited March 2017
    Indeed the game has no fault. But it has the power to control community. Other games are strict to alts btw.

Also please rephrase your poll.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Best way to stop scams is awareness. Don't fall for scams, help other people to not fall for scams. If scams don't work, people dont' scam.
    And tbh I am glad that being a shop owner does not make you popular. Recently, the game has started to shift its attention from Shopkeeping to building and community activities. Once the community can adapt to this change, I think everything will work out :)
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

When you focus on the bad people they will get you down but if you focus on the good you will draw good people to you and you will be built up. There are always bad people, there have been since the beginning. The key is not to let them make you down.

i think red has a point, sometimes people get so into scammers and this and that they forget that in the community is the good people. The people that will take hours out of their day to show the new guys the ropes, the people who build solely for seeing others enjoy what they worked so hard on.
    sure it can be frustrating when thee things happen but when you look at in in the long run, these people get tired and leave and the people that stick it out are the gems of the community. every game has its flaws but i have seen the best this game has to offer and to me that far outweighs the flaws.
    ignore them dude, build till your hearts content and make some friends along the way, there will alway be people who appreciate that.
  • When you focus on the bad people they will get you down but if you focus on the good you will draw good people to you and you will be built up. There are always bad people, there have been since the beginning. The key is not to let them make you down.

Take a look around, even the people in your clan are in it for the prizes not to make people happy. It's life everyone is yen and yang. Just now a days we have the good in the bad not the bad in the good.
  • Ok so, CC has gone down hill. It used to be when you had a shop you were poplar. When you had good builds you were popular. When you were good at PVP/parcour you were popular. But now you try and sell something and kids say "buy" then you grab it and go to your reg, only to have your time waisted by a trade for tools for your ghost mob. Then when your in a place like pens, all these "noobs" spam your reg with junk and when you don't buy it they say "I'm going to report you to the forms"
    Or even better when you see a Lvl 0 with a custom flag, ex-mask, Santa shirt, camo pants, and a heart balloon. You know it's an alt to a high Lvl but there running around asking for donations and when asked where they got the nice clothes, they say "Some one donated to me"
    We need to change back to the good times, when all a new player needed was to be show where to find things so he can get rich like the pros. When you were popular for the good you did not the scams you tryed or the hollas you spam. We need to stop scamming and stop begging for nice things and start working hard for what we have. When I was a noob the most anyone did for me was a friend sold me a piggy bank for 300c. Now our "kids" are spoiled, and people make alts not because there at max Lvl on there mains but to trick people into donating to them.
    Now that you read my long rant, how do you think we can change?
    Can we even change?

i agreed.. before.. shops are popular .. clans are top class.. people are busy with their shops.. now .. all people became greedy.. ex.. holla.. buying rares cheap..lol.. i miss the days when u used to hunt for a shop that has a good price... not this holla thing buying cheap.
  • Agreed, i worked hard for the stuff i have. But it's terrible how you call them "noob". honestly call them "new players". I do agree that new players are getting spoiled. But there the new Cubic casltes generation. No one will want old players anymore :(. But honeslty we should teach new players tips so they don't get scammed. And well us older players when we were noobs. We had less scammers in 2014-2015. Now 2016-2017 we have people saying this person got scammed. And old rich pros are SPOILING new players badly. Its not right to give them soemthing worth more then 6k, New players will rely on rich and good stuff.
  • commander Capcommander Cap Member
    edited March 2017
    Pertwee said:

Agreed, i worked hard for the stuff i have. But it's terrible how you call them "noob". honestly call them "new players". I do agree that new players are getting spoiled. But there the new Cubic casltes generation. No one will want old players anymore :(. But honeslty we should teach new players tips so they don't get scammed. And well us older players when we were noobs. We had less scammers in 2014-2015. Now 2016-2017 we have people saying this person got scammed. And old rich pros are SPOILING new players badly. Its not right to give them soemthing worth more then 6k, New players will rely on rich and good stuff.

Exactly, and I only call them noob cause that's what I called myself when I was new. I didn't take offense to it and new players shouldn't take offense to noob. It's not like wer calling them by cuss words.... even thow noob is a four letter word...
    Also a lot of times there not new players just alts.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Read to the end:

This is a so-so topic for me, I agree in the sense that there's more people that scam, curse, etc.
    But you have to think, there was 500 or less players on at a time a year or two ago, now there is always 1000-2000 players or more on at a time. More players = more scammers/rude players. But, more players also = more nice/kind players. Also, the scam rate has dropped a ton since the new policy changes, I probably only hear about scammers every other day instead of every single day. For everything you said in the beginning I don't see why you need to be popular in Cubic Castles, if you are here to try and be popular in Cubic Castles you probably won't enjoy the game that much. This game is mining, building and ***Making Friends*** right?

It always helps me to think of the good side of Cubic Castles rather then the bad side. If somebody gets me down by cursing, scamming, being plain out rude/mean, etc. then I go find a nice player and hang out with them for a while until I'm felling good about Cubic Castles again. So, I do not think Cubic Castles is going down hill, I simply think that we need to look at the good side of Cubic Castles more often than the bad side. Then just maybe, the bad side will fade some.
  • Nerve said:

Read to the end:

This is a so-so topic for me, I agree in the sense that there's more people that scam, curse, etc.
    But you have to think, there was 500 or less players on at a time a year or two ago, now there is always 1000-2000 players or more on at a time. More players = more scammers/rude players. But, more players also = more nice/kind players. Also, the scam rate has dropped a ton since the new policy changes, I probably only hear about scammers every other day instead of every single day. For everything you said in the beginning I don't see why you need to be popular in Cubic Castles, if you are here to try and be popular in Cubic Castles you probably won't enjoy the game that much. This game is mining, building and ***Making Friends*** right?

It always helps me to think of the good side of Cubic Castles rather then the bad side. If somebody gets me down by cursing, scamming, being plain out rude/mean, etc. then I go find a nice player and hang out with them for a while until I'm felling good about Cubic Castles again. So, I do not think Cubic Castles is going down hill, I simply think that we need to look at the good side of Cubic Castles more often than the bad side. Then just maybe, the bad side will fade some.

The game is yes, made for building and that's what made people popular. I'm not saying you need to be popular but the popular people nowadays are scammers or spammers. So bad people. Not the shop keepers or builders. Like the old days when I a noob.

Nerve said:

Read to the end:

The game is yes, made for building and that's what made people popular. I'm not saying you need to be popular but the popular people nowadays are scammers or spammers. So bad people. Not the shop keepers or builders. Like the old days when I a noob.
    Most of the "Popular players" are nice to me, either way I was mainly trying to focus my comment towards how we should focus on the good side of Cubic Castles not the bad side. :)
  • edited March 2017
    Worded bluntly, most of our "community" acts like little kids because most of them *ARE* little kids! So it goes to reason that the "behavior" being complained about is much more "normal" here than - arguably - in even most other MMO games.

That said, I agree that I too am annoyed by such behavior.

If you ask me, @commander Cap no, this is something that can not be changed. The only way is for the kids of the community to "grow up", and on one hand that's just a matter of time; on the other hand, it'll take YEARS! Even then, there will be new waves and crops of entitled and spoiled children to replace the ones that did "grow up".

Again, no, this is not a problem that can be solved.

P.S. Most players act like if your name is more than 4 letters long, they're force a way to truncate it down to 4!
  • There's so many nice people in game despite the bad ones, there's no way to change it even though the good do show awareness and they try to help out the community. It's just so many people are busy in real life or game.
    Children are gonna tell you that they will report you, you just ignore it.
    If you don't like selling, use vends and if you can't afford them, then just start out small.
    Also Pertwee does have a point. I know all pro players like to joke around being 'nub' or 'noob' and that's fine as long as you don't abuse it and know you're still a member that's been in game for a long time. We should treat new players with respect. If someone is on an alt asking for donations you decline and tell them you sadly have nothing to give them.
    It's good that some people enjoy building or crafting or selling, that's what they enjoy, no need to be popular.
    Pen's Rentals is to help out players that don't have a shop! It's good for he community. No one needs to be popular.
    We all just need to help out players and find the good.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    well, first one point: its not cc itself, the dev are doing their outmost best to get the game perfect, and the mods are trying their best to keep the scammers away. its not the game that is going downhill, its the community.

in the early days there would be just a nice community with people all around talking with eachother and such, now this game is for the people all about getting all the hats, getting profit and such (with exeptions for the nice people still left) and also with scammers everywhere (how many the mods ban and such, they come back very fast)

i have a idea though: instead of bringing out hats and such in events and such, bring out blocks. ONLY BLOCKS, the community HAS to build things to enjoy themselfs (or talk of course) and they cant buy hats to hopefully get profit in the future (well, i dont count the already existing ones), higher the ammount of raffle prizes available to 3-5 but with even items (like that month would be a item worth 150k, chance it to 3 items worth 50k each or so) so that people get prizes but they wont be going as much as they can, and it still a bit even pleases the community i hope
  • Look at the big difference:

2 years ago there were no rare items, only a few vanity and no expensive blocks.
    -The community was good.

@".

See the big difference?
  • I feel like most people above are saying that people only care about vanities. If someone is a collector, and is not big into building, that's THEIR opinion. It's not neccesarily bad if someone doesn't share the same interests as you. '-'
  • MotivationMotivation Member
    edited March 2017
    I honestly dont care about vanity items. I dont care if halo will be the next krampus, or if umbrella will be 50k. What I care about is if they make the majority of the blocks craftable. Yes, make them craftable. I said blocks not clothing or pets. The pixel packs were enough to ripoff a builder; If only it was craftable, I'd be playing CC all day building and mining. Also, have you ever noticed that the good looking blocks fall onto the expensive packs? Probably not, cause you dont care about them . All you care about is how rare an item is.
  • I honestly dont care about vanity items. I dont care if halo will be the next krampus, or if umbrella will be 50k. What I care about is if they make the majority of the blocks craftable. Yes, make them craftable. I said blocks not clothing or pets. The pixel packs were enough to ripoff a builder; If only it was craftable, I'd be playing CC all day building and mining. Also, have you ever noticed that the good looking blocks fall onto the expensive packs? Probably not, cause you dont care about them . All you care about is how rare an item is.

Me? ._. RUDE. You don't even know me. If you were a close friend maybe I'd have a conversation about that, but you are assuming that because what. I said it's okay if people don't like building?
  • Changing the community is not something that happens overnight, nor can you blame the game for its lack of community spirit. The community is the players, not the items, blocks, clothes, or cubits. The *game* is not going downhill in the slightest, the *community* is. Please don't call one the other. There is *Nothing* that the developers can do to increase selflessness, decrease selfishness, increase spirit and decrease the lack of 'fame'.
  • These are all my opinions and comments, do not hate for what I have to say.

The only thing I dislike about this community now is that NO MATTER what YOU DO almost nothing matters in the slightest anymore. If you make giveaway's, make amazing builds, help new players get started etc. Nobody cares or even appreciates anything anymore. People used to be so GRATEFUL at giveaway's or getting prizes at the end of a parkour. NOW you do anything for the community and you will come across someone spamming, cussing, making false claims against you etc. if they didn't manage to get something FOR FREE. I remember owning a shop and loving to be a owner of one. Now I hate shop-keeping, I find it dumb and pointless to even try. People just call your prices overpriced, call you names, and make all other sorts of negative comments.

CC's community has gone down hill for sure, but most people that play this game are kids. I am a teenager, but still, I try to be a mature and happy player for not just myself, but for everybody who comes across my path. If the whole game were this way, that would be outstanding, but would it even a be a game anymore? Nobody walks up to you in real life and calls you a noob for not wearing a Krampus mask. xD

The people in modern CC have just gotten ridiculous... I wish I could make a poll of how many people came from GT. This game is like that now. All about vanity and special items that cost sooooo much money. If you want those particular items, you MUST scam or you MUST buy cubits. (how new players view it).The same two ways of earning money fast are in GT, well, developed there. BUT! those ways have now been integrated by the players, into this game. The devs, I'm sure never wanted a community like this, but I'm sure they knew it would be with this game being kid friendly.

I do not miss the old CC, I miss the people from that time. The old CC in 2014 and 2015 got boring fast, let's be honest here. xD
    The new CC is fun, basically scam-free (if you are smart to watch out for yourself) and has many free and amazing opportunities for everyone. :)
    Liberated said:

These are all my opinions and comments, do not hate for what I have to say.

The only thing I dislike about this community now is that NO MATTER what YOU DO almost nothing matters in the slightest anymore. If you make giveaway's, make amazing builds, help new players get started etc. Nobody cares or even appreciates anything anymore. People used to be so GRATEFUL at giveaway's or getting prizes at the end of a parkour. NOW you do anything for the community and you will come across someone spamming, cussing, making false claims against you etc. if they didn't manage to get something FOR FREE. I remember owning a shop and loving to be a owner of one. Now I hate shop-keeping, I find it dumb and pointless to even try. People just call your prices overpriced, call you names, and make all other sorts of negative comments.

CC's community has gone down hill for sure, but most people that play this game are kids. I am a teenager, but still, I try to be a mature and happy player for not just myself, but for everybody who comes across my path. If the whole game were this way, that would be outstanding, but would it even a be a game anymore? Nobody walks up to you in real life and calls you a noob for not wearing a Krampus mask. xD

The people in modern CC have just gotten ridiculous... I wish I could make a poll of how many people came from GT. This game is like that now. All about vanity and special items that cost sooooo much money. If you want those particular items, you MUST scam or you MUST buy cubits. (how new players view it).The same two ways of earning money fast are in GT, well, developed there. BUT! those ways have now been integrated by the players, into this game. The devs, I'm sure never wanted a community like this, but I'm sure they knew it would be with this game being kid friendly.

I do not miss the old CC, I miss the people from that time. The old CC in 2014 and 2015 got boring fast, let's be honest here. xD
    The new CC is fun, basically scam-free (if you are smart to watch out for yourself) and has many free and amazing opportunities for everyone. :)

Well said.

• commander Capcommander Cap Member
    edited March 2017

Changing the community is not something that happens overnight, nor can you blame the game for its lack of community spirit. The community is the players, not the items, blocks, clothes, or cubits. The *game* is not going downhill in the slightest, the *community* is. Please don't call one the other. There is *Nothing* that the developers can do to increase selflessness, decrease selfishness, increase spirit and decrease the lack of 'fame'.

Where did you see me blaming the developers? And the game it's self and the community go hand and hand.... so yes one can call one the other, because in fact it is the same thing.

Also I like how you put that liberated.