"Tic Tac Toe?"

lazylupinelazylupine Member
edited January 2017 in Off-Topic
Hello!

Recently, I've seen Eagence going around multiple times asking people to play "tic tac toe..."
The catch of course, is if they win, she gives them 40k and if they lose, they give her 1k.

Screenshot_11

I wanted to see what the heck was going on, so I went up for it. And I volunteered to play.
I knew it was a scam right from the start, so I was really hesitant when it came to actually playing.
*I DID PLAY ONCE, shown in the clip, but I used one of her strategies and it got me a tie game.
As @Misticall stated, the video was 25 minutes long, but I had to shorten it down considering majority of the clip were fury's rounds and or me and Eagence Arguing.

Screenshot_10

^ How the gameboard was layout.

The video explains most of the information, but the reason this is against the rules is because:
A) It includes gambling, and or game of chance.
B) Eagence uses a certain strategy to scam the player's cubits. (Shown in the clip..)

She tried explaining how this wasn't against the rules since it was a "board game."
I even asked a few people before going to her realm (Not shown in screenshots, sorry.) And they agreed that it was against the new rule.

She showed me outdated rules from CubicMom's place... and apparently they're incorrect as the newer rule states any sort of game that includes paying for a prize is malicious and against the rules.

shush about the music, I chose random songs from my playlist.

Anyways, so would this be considered against the rules or not? Just curious.

http://blog.ostermiller.org/tic-tac-toe-strategy

^^ website with the strategies, I can't copy and paste the photos so if you're curious look there.

Comments

• RYBIERYBIE Member
    edited January 2017
    Lazy you did not a try to play eagence is trustable Qbee I have been playing tic tac toe for a long time with him and yes 1 time he lost and he gave the 40k and i lost too and i gave him the 1k that you did is good is good but dont say he is a scamer cuz he is not and yes ik its against rules :)
    And something else you did not record the time you said im good at tic tac toe when i was there :) if you want to say someone is scammer show all ur proffs and what u said u too:)
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I agree this should be banned. Even this Tic Tac Toe is an amazing game, there are ways to cheat it even when playing with IRL friends. I hope @Horus takes action on this and makes this game a rule breaker.
  • I agree with eagence actually why pay to play when you can just sit there and do nothing with your life and he isnt the one who wanted to start it was you,You decided to play it.you could like build a house a tree or trees..TREES TREEEEEEEEEES
    TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
    You agreed to play
    Atleast he wasnt like
    'PLAY MAH GAME OR I RIPURT U'
    But this does break the new rule "paying activities are now illegal" (exept for buying stuffz of course .-.)
    HE USES LOGICAL STRATEGIES!! SMART LOGICAL STRATEGIEEEEEEEES
    TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
    *cough*
  • I agree with eagence actually why pay to play when you can just sit there and do nothing with your life and he isnt the one who wanted to start it was you,You decided to play it.you could like build a house a tree or trees..TREES TREEEEEEEEEES
    TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
    You agreed to play
    Atleast he wasnt like
    'PLAY MAH GAME OR I RIPURT U'
    But this does break the new rule "paying activities are now illegal" (exept for buying stuffz of course .-.)
    HE USES LOGICAL STRATEGIES!! SMART LOGICAL STRATEGIEEEEEEEES
    TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
    *cough*

I agree. Some people actually won the 40k. And eag uses logical strategies as gold said. Ive played with eag before and its not a scam. He has many ways to win it, he has a talent. I played about 2 times and he won and i gave him the cubits cause the game was fair. Im not good at tic tac toe but he is. Just cause you or your friend didnt win, doesnt mean its a scam. It means that eag has a good strategy and he is smart enough. And FYI ive seen people win the 40k. Eag is a trusted person also a kind hearted person. He doesnt scam at all. HE SAID IF U WIN, U GET 40K AND ITS UR CHOICE IF U WANT TO PLAY OR NOT!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    eagence said:

this is just sillyness send the whole video without cutting you lier.., I didn't even get and cubits from winterrose after she lost since I don't care that much. and Yes I lost too to Mr.phu and to Good shop player and played with mare then 200+ people and none is acted like you. Your friend scammed me by not giving the bet she promised and run away many times when I triend to talk to her and I was too kind to not even send a report.

This isn't sillyness, it's people complaining over your game which you have rigged to always win - expect for the rare time you lose - I am not saying it's a scam, I am not saying it's an honest game. I am saying it's an unfair game. And, if someone scams you and you don't report, that don't make you kind, that makes you 'silly' for letting a scammer get away with scamming.
    eagence said:

I will not even respond these sillyness based on personal bias of one above all members who hate me supporting someone who is totally not relevant with situation... Mr.Penguin and Lucaaa795 don't try to mislead situation like you always do. I know you tried to ban me wrote silly reports behind me with no exact reasoning. Don't try to distort the situation like you did once. We all know you try to double punish me and kick me out of game. Let me tell you something this whole thing and background political strategy you apply meaningless and total cheapness.

This isn't personal bias, and I am *NOT* One Above All anymore. While I do hate you, and I do admit it, this isn't personal. I am not misleading anything. You're cheating a game to gain cubits, I don't need to mislead anything, the proof is here. I don't try double punish you nor kick you out the game, how could I?
    eagence said:

and also Mr. Penguin & Luca,

What you regard as "Fake public ashaming" is actually what you do because you just don't like me due to I unfriend you after you guys betrayed my friendship. And besides how you know its fake? do we know all you said is true? or is it just a game to mislead community? or eliminate someone else who stand on your way?

I didn't say it's public shaming, which in fact, you are doing. And I unfriended YOU after I donated some items to my friends and you said I was 'bragging' by donating.

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited January 2017
    The thing with tic tac toe or noughts and crosses as we call it over here is that if you know what your doing you will always win or tie.

Also this is definitely breaking the rules
    "- Gambling or games of chance that require cubits or item payments from participants."

The participant is betting 1000c that they will not lose.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited January 2017
    I'm going to close this thread.

Here' our feeling in this case. First we think the way the game is being played is against the spirit of what we'd like to see in the game. He is giving very attractive odds, which can tempt someone who is naive to lose their cubits. The game tic tac toe itself is not really something that fits naturally into Cubic Castles the way a building contest or wand battle would.

That being said, it is also not gambling or chance. There is no roll of the dice in the game. Players take turns and choose their next move much as they would in chess or checkers. The game is so simple that it doesn't leave much grey area, and for the most part if two people are playing reasonably well it will end in a draw.

So we will speak to eagence about the way that the game is being offered, but it is not technically a gambling game.
This discussion has been closed.