PiousPious Member
edited June 2017 in Off-Topic

Comments

• Don't go a hating on me, but with just the way you described it I cannot imagine it being very exciting.
    If a understand correctly, this 'survival mode' is just like normal cc EXCEPT you cannot use hollas and if you drop to 0 hearts your Qbee & progress is deleted forever.
    Just... why?
    The whole part about cooperation I cannot see coming into play. If you want to get the max level item, just buy / mine dirt. Much faster than completing dangerous quests anyway. If anything, I see this making cc more solitary. Everyone wants special item at first, the smart people will mine and place only in mines and their realm and steer clear of any hazardous materials. The dumb players will try to do quests and parkours and will die in the first couple days.
  • PiousPious Member
    edited June 2017

• Pious said:

Don't go a hating on me, but with just the way you described it I cannot imagine it being very exciting.
    If a understand correctly, this 'survival mode' is just like normal cc EXCEPT you cannot use hollas and if you drop to 0 hearts your Qbee & progress is deleted forever.
    Just... why?
    The whole part about cooperation I cannot see coming into play. If you want to get the max level item, just buy / mine dirt. Much faster than completing dangerous quests anyway. If anything, I see this making cc more solitary. Everyone wants special item at first, the smart people will mine and place only in mines and their realm and steer clear of any hazardous materials. The dumb players will try to do quests and parkours and will die in the first couple days.

I did say it wasn't for everyone. What you've just described is precisely what I desire. And maybe the Mode would be more solitary. Take into consideration though, I did say the main game would still exist. People could play that mode still as they pleased. As most people still would.
    Yes, I just don't really see a reason for it... Maybe others do? I'd imagine that losing items permanently does not fascinate anyone...

Why not create an alt and just have a friend change the PW and not tell you when you die on it? Really doesn't need a whole new gamemode IMO

What would be the point of building, socializing, exploring, and parkouring if all that could be more easily accomplished on a normal account. The only accomplishment I can see (correct me if I am wrong) is getting to level 60, but leveling is just placing blocks in a room. There is no risk-reward concept to it which is maybe why the idea dumbfounds me. I cannot see it becoming more than just a 'feature' that the 8 hour/day players use to get a lil exclusive item and then no one touches it ever again ;/

• PiousPious Member
    edited June 2017

• Alright, I was just expressing my view and constructive criticism :)
    I will now step aside so others can do the same
  • edited January 2017
    Honestly, as a more hardcore player, I would like something a bit more challenging. THAT SAID, it'd be agonizing if I'd work so hard, but die on some kid's parkour that requires trial-and-error and I die because I just could not get it right the first time, due to luck.

I DO like the idea of an "exclusive hat" won from hard work to show off in the main game.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I personally and i use the word PERSONAL to minimise how much your going to attack this comment, but if you want a survival game go play minecraft, thats a single player experience where this is an mmo your ideas are the complete opposite of everything this game stands for and in my opinion it would just encourage people to try and kill you when your afk or place lava blocks on you etc to destroy all your hard work
  • PiousPious Member
    edited June 2017

• Pious said:

I am curious though.. what does this game stand for exactly?

My answer would say, it's like Minecraft, only even MORE casual.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I would 100% do this if it was a separate server. All on the same server I'm not sure about.
  • I really like your idea 1+

But -1 cause it's copying Minecraft a bit

• But -1 cause it's copying Minecraft a bit

Just gonna stop you there. Although I myself do not agree with the idea, dismissing ANYTHING simply because 'it's in another game' is a /really really stupid/ reason for dismissing it. In today's world, where anyone can make anything and publish it easily, it is nigh IMPOSSIBLE to be totally unique.
    Also, if every game with 'survival' was copying Minecraft... nope, just no.
  • PiousPious Member
    edited June 2017