A little Cars hype (coming soon)

Comments

• I'm suspicious about people//this update.. almost every update or something new that happens in CC, People (Scammers) think of a way to scam people by it.. o-o.. We'll see..D;
  • I think cars with different stats would be a terrible idea. It would just boil down to people using one car not because they like it but because of stats while simultaneously increasing the gap between the wealthy and not, giving those with more cubits an advanatge creating a insurmountable barrier to new players.

What if all the cars were in a 'Car Pack' and not just '___ Car - xxxxx Cubits' So then not only the wealthy could get the good cars?
    x-x just an idea
  • I am not talking about the price of cars in general, I was talking if they had stats. I am perfectly find with cars being different prices, I think that is ideal. Especially if they add a car that is bought only with cash.
  • Should start saving up for this :o
    Unfortunately I went on a spending spree yesterday...there were some incredibly cheap Halloween hats, and I just had to :P
  • Right Scorp I am having trouble saving as well. I keep telling myself Grey, cars are coming not to spend a dime and save but then I end up stumbling across a fantastic deal...the struggle is real.

While I do not mind the cars being expensive as they should be I do hope the packs for the road pieces are inexpensive. When it comes to building, building related pieces should be inexpensive to allow for free creativity.
  • Because then the keys won't be reusable, and cars will be a one-time thing. I assume we'd want to respawn cars infinitely when we buy them, especially if they're going to be pricey.

@The Platinum Paladin Why couldn't it be reuseable? Consume the key > Car spawns infront of you > tap/break the car OR leave the realm > Keys go back into your inventory, SIMPLE .3.

• Right Scorp I am having trouble saving as well. I keep telling myself Grey, cars are coming not to spend a dime and save but then I end up stumbling across a fantastic deal...the struggle is real.

While I do not mind the cars being expensive as they should be I do hope the packs for the road pieces are inexpensive. When it comes to building, building related pieces should be inexpensive to allow for free creativity.

I just saw a shiny nose and elf hat for 400c both.......

Boom 800c gone
    This plan has gone out the door
  • OMG Cant wait for it!!!
    Om so excited!!!!!!!! :D

Same thoughts xD I hid my c in a piggy where I can only find when car packs are out xD
    And yeah I hope that it would be not that expensive since im building a huge race track...

I think cars with different stats would be a terrible idea. It would just boil down to people using one car not because they like it but because of stats while simultaneously increasing the gap between the wealthy and not, giving those with more cubits an advanatge creating a insurmountable barrier to new players.

Dud what we(or maybe just me lols) mean about different car stats is similar below
    Dragster
    Handling: 1
    Top Speed: 3
    Acceleration: 2
    Mini Cooper
    Handling: 3
    Top Speed: 1
    Acceleration: 2
    Roadster
    Handling: 1
    Top Speed: 2
    Acceleration: 3
    So being rich don't make cars Pay-to-win :)
  • SnowiezSnowiez Member
    edited January 2017
    I made a bank and im putting any c i get in there just crossing my fingers cars aren't as expensive as gdog says
    (I have 1942c in the piggy rn)
    :Q:
  • Nice!! I can't wait
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    scorpion said:

Should start saving up for this :o
    Unfortunately I went on a spending spree yesterday...there were some incredibly cheap Halloween hats, and I just had to :P

Right Scorp I am having trouble saving as well. I keep telling myself Grey, cars are coming not to spend a dime and save but then I end up stumbling across a fantastic deal...the struggle is real.

if i have enough to buy 3 cars i keep the one i want to keep and you guys get the other 2 then :p
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

scorpion said:

Right Scorp I am having trouble saving as well. I keep telling myself Grey, cars are coming not to spend a dime and save but then I end up stumbling across a fantastic deal...the struggle is real.

if i have enough to buy 3 cars i keep the one i want to keep and you guys get the other 2 then :p
    i spent 20k today on a new build idea.... what is wrong with me
  • Tbh, I see the more higher levels saying how they want it to be expencive but in my defence and others, not everyone has a ton of c so it would be kinda unfair to others who would like one but dont have enough c. I believe 5k is a good price, not to expencive not to cheap.
  • Daresx11Daresx11 Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    10K EACH CARS AND BLOCKS RACE
  • In defense of the high levels and while I am not able to speak for all of them I am a high level individual who you speak of. WIll I be able to afford a car when they come out probably not? I am not wealthy by far, almost all my CC life everything has been given to me. Now that is changing because I am running a store and someday I will be a millionaire but as of now I still have small roots. Cars may be something based on price that I have to work towards for a month but I am ok with that I dont need it right away. When the flags were released it took me over a month to afford one and I dont regret a single cubit spent on that flag. For many of those saying that cars should be a higher price it is not because they are wealthy it is because being long time players which equals high levels they recognize how much effort has gone into the cars and that the developers in someway need to be compensated along with creating balance. I am not worried say if a car is 30k on intial release because I know that like anything high priced it will drop. Look at the pets, the baleful cube, the dragon, or anything that was high priced. Just have to be patient. Now if the track pieces are inexpensive I will sell even my own mom to afford a car. If the track pieces are expensive then me getting a car can wait.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember

Tbh, I see the more higher levels saying how they want it to be expencive but in my defence and others, not everyone has a ton of c so it would be kinda unfair to others who would like one but dont have enough c. I believe 5k is a good price, not to expencive not to cheap.

There is a difference between "high level" and "lots of cubits". One stems from playing forever, the other stems from a little understanding of economics or business savvy. The cars SHOULD be expensive, because they will inherently change the dynamic of the game, just like pets and clanstones. And before you all start complaining that I'm just another high level player asking for high priced cars, just hear me out.

Pets were expensive when they came out. You could not find a cat or dog for less than 10k because no one had extras yet. Now? They are 2k or less. People get them, people get tired of them, people sell them for as low as they have to to make back some of their losses.

I'm going to buy a bunch of cars. I promise. I will probably get some that I will get tired of eventually. Eventually I will sell them for a low price to people who want them.

The only difference is time, and I don't think that's a problem. Higher leveled players and wealthy players have undoubtedly invested a lot of time and money into the game, and this is the reward for it.
  • Ty cosmic cow for this awesome announcement, this update will be sooooo worth waiting for :)
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited January 2017

scorpion said:

Chill, I can buy cars for at least a handful of people (maybe a whole squad, depending on cost). And I'm confident @Sir Ace The Nukerator can chip in if need be.
  •  Thanh_ Thanh_ Somewhere near 16°28'30.0"N 107°36'07.2"E at the South East AsiaMember
    Ehm, when you drop the key to get the car, how are you getting it back
    it = car/key
  • Thanh_ said:

it = car/key

Exactly what I was thinking earlier............
    People will think of scams...
    Idk maybe like your starter realm, how you can't drop it out of your inventory but place it? o-o......
  • KikauKikau Member
    edited January 2017
    Omg Cars! >3< YESS! Can't wait >:3
    Are there different types of cars? And are we able to colour them? ;u; I Hope

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Kikau said:

Omg Cars! >3< YESS! Can't wait >:3
    Are there different types of cars? And are we able to colour them? ;u; I Hope

different kind? yes, look at the video. colourable? i doubt it
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    How Bout A Free Unique Car For All 1Year Old Players? Just Suggesting Hehehe
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited January 2017
    Thanh_ said:

it = car/key

You can just click on the car to pick it up again when you're not driving in it. You also get your keys back if you leave the realm or dc.
  • Yakroo said:

How Bout A Free Unique Car For All 1Year Old Players? Just Suggesting Hehehe

Because then *I* wouldn't get one.

Thanh_ said:

it = car/key

You can just click on the car to pick it up again when you're not driving in it. You also get your keys back if you leave the realm or dc.
    At least that means it's (mostly) scam-proof.
  • BeanGollymBeanGollym Member
    edited January 2017

Thanh_ said:

it = car/key

Question, if you place the cars down can any one use it? and if so, they cant take it unless they have the car keys right?

And are cars a one time use? If so please make it an infinite use :/
  • edited January 2017
    Yes, please make cars reusable. PLEASE! I mean, PETS are. And they're just pets. >.< You can even TRADE pets, so I'd wager players can SOMEHOW trade cars as well.
  •  Thanh_ Thanh_ Somewhere near 16°28'30.0"N 107°36'07.2"E at the South East AsiaMember
    What is that >.>
    hgfdgdfg