About the new policy change

elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Now you think i am going to aegue about it, WRONG

I just wanted to thank the dev for making that change that payed things are dissalowed, this will stop 75% of the scams, SO THANK YOU!

what do you think of this?

Comments

• edited January 2017
    I was going to make a thread like this. Disallowing "Payaways"? Thank you! Praise the Cosmic Cow! That'll cut the holla clutter by half, I'd reckon.
  • edited January 2017
    I'm just wondering when will the reputation system will be out... And ya... Still no answer for the foundation scam...
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Really happy to see this change.
    Let's take our community back.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    And the anti-venom has been administered to the CC community. Now just to wait for it to take effect :D
    *claps*
    Very nice change!
  • SOMEONE PLAY HEAVENLY MUSIC
    FINALLY......ADIOS PAYWAYS-PAID BOMB GAMES-PAY TO WIN-uhhh...that's all i know however no more payways
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Indeed, such a good change. :)
    Eager to see the effects.
  • I don't think everyone would know this rule, will this new policy be added to the system notification? (The note notification above how many hollas you have)
  • MufflonMufflon Member
    edited January 2017
    Could this be the end of most scams?
    Could this be the return of happiness :O?
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Mufflon said:

Sadly not, it's still scamming, and even with rules, people break em. Mods don't know everything that goes on, and not all payaways will be held from hollas now.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator

Mufflon said:

Sadly not, it's still scamming, and even with rules, people break em. Mods don't know everything that goes on, and not all payaways will be held from hollas now.
    There is always the Report Button and Scam Reports section we can use C:
    edited January 2017

Mufflon said:

Then work with us. As a community we can really fight this next week.
    Get any realm that does these reported. Message me on discord,. Get screenshots.
    Video. Whatever.

Yes mods can't see everything but with the help from you guys we can see more.
    Which will allow us to do more.
  • edited January 2017
    gdog said:

Mufflon said:

Get any realm that does these reported. Message me on discord,. Get screenshots.
    Video. Whatever.

I will more than eagerly work with you!

I do not know how to share screenshots with you for the purposes of reporting, but other than that, I will do my absolute best to document all known cases of violation!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    gdog said:

Mufflon said:

Video. Whatever.

Hehe, im going to look around for these peeps after the time has expired (that time for them to adjust changes)
    Question: Does this rule prevent building contests as well? Even if the entree fee is refundable?
  • EloquenceEloquence Member
    edited January 2017
    Guess this policy could go great, but could also go bad. Hopefully good!
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Question: Does this rule prevent building contests as well? Even if the entree fee is refundable?

As long as the fee is based only on the rent block then yes, I am sure that will be fine.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Siddd said:

As long as the fee is based only on the rent block then yes, I am sure that will be fine.
    Could still be a scam tho "Example: Building Contest 500c." Everyone buys, everyone banned, everyone scammed.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

Siddd said:

Could still be a scam tho "Example: Building Contest 500c." Everyone buys, everyone banned, everyone scammed.
    True, but the policy isn't "No more scams" that has always been a policy. I could be wrong on this but I only assume it's ok as it's a rent block which is what they are designed for. Of course if you use the rent block to scam then that is a different matter entirely.
    Siddd said:

Siddd said:

True, but the policy isn't "No more scams" that has always been a policy. I could be wrong on this but I only assume it's ok as it's a rent block which is what they are designed for. Of course if you use the rent block to scam then that is a different matter entirely.
    Ok ty for the info ^^ I am in the process of making a clan that will be very frequently hosting building competitions and I didn't want that to be an issue ;-;
  • I am overly ecstatic for this change, I am tired of the kid gloves! Payaways have always existed but they did not become mainstream until I would say October 2015, then they began to spreading like an ever evolving virus. It is true that when you stomp out one form of scamming another takes light. BUT IT IS OUR SWORN DUTY TO DEFEAT ALL FORMS OF SCAMMING, NIGHT AND DAY BATTLING AGAINST THOSE WHO TRY TO DECEIVE AND TAKE FROM OTHERS BY UNLAWFUL MEANS! When a form of scamming gets to large, it comes time TO LOP OFF THE HEAD OF THE PUS FILLED BEAST! Yes there are those who were honest and made a living from this but sadly for the greater good some must suffer. In an ideal world it would be where people use their common sense and such things would not be fed but sadly common sense IS WELL NOT SO COMMON! >:O!

I GREY CORAL KING AM REBORN! I am happy that more power will be given to mods instead of them having to twiddle their thumbs and shrug because it is not against the rules. RAMIFICATIONS OR NO WE WILL SMASH IN THE DOORS OF THOSE WHO TRY TO DO PAYAWAYS AND REMOVE THEM BY FORCE STRIPPING THEM TO THEIR UNDERWEAR AND THROWING THEM INTO A BATH OF ICE WATER! >_< Grey wants a more honest community where you do not use odds stack against another to profit off them. I want a world where we have GIVEAWAYS AGAIN, FREE GAMES! LET HINTER BE AN EXAMPLE TO US ALL! LET US BEGIN THE PAYAWAY WAR >:O!

• SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    So this new rules will be a part of?:

Cubic Castles Terms of Service

Scammers Thieves & Bullies

Please play nice. It's inevitable in any on-line game that people will try to scam other players, or harass or bully other players. Again, we'd rather not have to play virtual police, but we will if forced to. Treat other players the way you'd like to be treated. Players who repeatedly steal from or bully other players would be considered as violating the player guidelines and could face temporary or permanent bans from the game.

Example:

What if somebody is doing a "fair" payaway and that player can proof it. And still they will be punished for it. Because we don't allow those activities.

What if parents get involved into it. And they check Cubic Castles Terms of Service? I don't see anything about the new rules.

So my question is. Developers change something to in the Term of Services?

@SirKewberth @CosmicCow @mabz

I GREY CORAL KING AM REBORN! I am happy that more power will be given to mods instead of them having to twiddle their thumbs and shrug because it is not against the rules. RAMIFICATIONS OR NO WE WILL SMASH IN THE DOORS OF THOSE WHO TRY TO DO PAYAWAYS AND REMOVE THEM BY FORCE STRIPPING THEM TO THEIR UNDERWEAR AND THROWING THEM INTO A BATH OF ICE WATER! >_< Grey wants a more honest community where you do not use odds stack against another to profit off them. I want a world where we have GIVEAWAYS AGAIN, FREE GAMES! LET HINTER BE AN EXAMPLE TO US ALL! LET US BEGIN THE PAYAWAY WAR >:O!

I think we broke him again... ;-;
  • Oh, they're banned? Oh, um, ok then.
  • I do parkours for free so HAH im poor ;-;
  • SOMEONE PLAY HEAVENLY MUSIC
    FINALLY......ADIOS PAYWAYS-PAID BOMB GAMES-PAY TO WIN-uhhh...that's all i know however no more payways

Do you guys seriously think that they will ALL be gone? Some might, but no where near all of them will go. It will just be much more difficult to change.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    *To amazed to say anything*
  • *Meanwhile in one month*

Report Logs:

From QBee: Payaway! Ban owner!
    From Qbee2: Pay to play parkour! Owner needs to be banned!
    From Qbee3: Payaway pls ban owner.
    *list goes on and on*

Oh boy, have you guys ever heard of the Streisand effect?
  • I am overly ecstatic for this change, I am tired of the kid gloves! Payaways have always existed but they did not become mainstream until I would say October 2015, then they began to spreading like an ever evolving virus. It is true that when you stomp out one form of scamming another takes light. BUT IT IS OUR SWORN DUTY TO DEFEAT ALL FORMS OF SCAMMING, NIGHT AND DAY BATTLING AGAINST THOSE WHO TRY TO DECEIVE AND TAKE FROM OTHERS BY UNLAWFUL MEANS! When a form of scamming gets to large, it comes time TO LOP OFF THE HEAD OF THE PUS FILLED BEAST! Yes there are those who were honest and made a living from this but sadly for the greater good some must suffer. In an ideal world it would be where people use their common sense and such things would not be fed but sadly common sense IS WELL NOT SO COMMON! >:O!

I admire the zeal. Where can I sign up?! >:D

Just take me with you, man >:D
    edited January 2017
    My thoughts on it all can be found here