No Bee's Land

edited January 2017 in Community
Today we continue with the direct sequel and next chapter following from Terrors of the Borderlands! If you have not yet read that, please do. It is here: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8989/terrors-of-the-borderlands

#PaladinLore

The few of us who made it out were completely wrecked. And now an endless sea of sand is all that greets us, as far as the eye can see. Our friend who hacked through the Metro Tunnel decided to stay back, and "guard the entrance." The last handful of us ventured off with the help of our Map to seek out the stranded forts, and establish a connection with them to the other side of The Borderlands.

So, now how many of us exactly were left? There was myself, *Mega*, *Sir Lumi*, The Only Moneybag's, and if there were any others, they must really know how to hide. I am also not too good with names, so there might be one or two who are/were here that merely slipped my mind. All I remember was that these 4 have DEFINITELY survived the excursion through the frightening Borderlands.

Fort Noble and Fort Help were in need. I don't exactly remember who kept Fort Noble (Might've been Mega, but I can't remember), but Fort Help is run by The Golden Paladin, who had yet another name-change to something like The Tired Miner. Fort Help was intended to be our stockpile of resources...similar to a place back home called "Fort Knox". But this Paladin couldn't resist the temptation of setting it up in the middle of No Bee's Land. Imagine, all the clan's gold and valuables, right in the domain of con-artists and scum.

He's a credit to team, but this choice makes me want to smack him upside the head!

The four of us have briskly marched across the scorching plains, where once again the Sun couldn't care less about the suffering it inflicted upon our snow-white skin. If Cosmic Cow didn't have such limits onto territory sizes, No Bee's Land would stretch well beyond the thousands of blocks in both length and width...maybe even TENS of thousands of blocks. And it gets weirder. The links between different "cells" often lead us to feeling like we're going in circles, even though we've never deviated from our straight-line path. The real kicker is that even the COMPASS defied Physics! Normally, when you spin the metal disc, the needle will always point in the same direction: Magnetic North or South, whichever is closer. Here, it just followed around whichever way I'd twist the wheel. It was like there was *NO* magnetic reading, like no such thing as a North or South Pole...or maybe we were just standing *SQUARELY* on the Equator. If so, then Qbee Land has the biggest Equator I have ever seen!

Maybe it was the dehydration or the heat, but I abruptly grew sickeningly dizzy. I think the other teammates felt the same way, since Moneybag's completely face-planted into the sand.

Yet the body completely ignored that wear-and-tear once we heard the oddest battle-cry. "HUMP DAY!!" I think the name was ChibiCthulhu, but without even a half a second to drool, there was a swarm of 2 dozen other random Qbees all flailing their wands, harming and shrinking everyone within a 50 block radius! Incidentally, this tidal-wave of doom careened straight towards *US!* It was absolute chaos, and it was a force of nature. My team and I had to scramble like we were desperately fleeing from a massive tidal wave! Panic crossed me, and I definitely can't speak for the others, but I wouldn't be surprised if they felt the same way. The worst part was that here, we all had 1 life...then it was back to the start of No Bee's Land from whence we began this inhumane crusade.

Though with that in mind, while we were frantically escaping, the commotion imploded in on itself as the couple dozen or so were mostly too busy squashing each other to have been able to actively seek out me and my friends. Like a tidal wave, the event came crashing down and was over, gone just like that.

"That was weird".
"This is No Bee's Land," I decreed. "Of course 'weird' things are bound to happen, if this place wants to live up to the name."

While dodging the quicksand pits and steamrolling other PvP bandit parties, it took at least a solid 24 REAL Hours to traverse the empty sands and find our way back to Fort Help and Fort Noble. We banged on the giant gates, and we were greeted with cheers of praise and relief. Cannons fired nonstop from the windows of Fort Help, as the residents tirelessly repelled oncoming scammers and thugs. I was informed that there was no hyperbole, where members of the guard had actually pulled night shifts to keep these cannons online all 24/7!

I scolded my Lieutenant for building our main stockpile right in No Bee's Land, and that it goes without saying the Fort would be crawling with crooks. But this? The coordination was unprecedented. The mass amounts of armies who stood at the gates of these 2 Forts, with rabid devotion to break the walls and the wills of the Paladins, stormed onward with the ferocity of desperately starved tigers.

So begins the next chapter: The Siege of Fort Help.

Comments

• I really need to work on my endurance and strength......
  • edited January 2017
    You and me both. I am not known for my outer strength, but rather my inner strength.

Also, I needed one of those 4 to just collapse.

And *Mega* owns Fort Help, while it's The Busy Miner who was formerly known as The Golden Paladin, who has Fort Noble.
  • edited January 2017
    Can't delete an accidental post like this. Help please.
  • Nice, these are great :D I wanna be in one ;P Can't wait for more!
  • edited January 2017

Nice, these are great :D I wanna be in one ;P Can't wait for more!

Well, No Bee's Land IS a desert, so...;)

If you want to be MORE involved, see me sometime, for a Character Sheet in Tales of the Order! Caution: Requires MATH and IMAGINATION!