OFFICIAL PVP TEAMS - Matches/Tournaments etc

BeanGollymBeanGollym Member
edited December 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
The PVP Team Committee will handle all the player/team strikes (explained below). they will handle seasonal/yearly tournaments. They will be reffing the official/unofficial matches. The committee of course will have myself some staff members to keep in check and other dedicated/mature players to handle the committee.

There are requirements a match must have. Let me go through each type of match.

Official Matches - Must have a refferee. Reps (explained underneath) must organise matches beforehand. Minimum of players 6v6. Must have a choices of Team 1's Choice of map, Team 2's choice of map, and then one both agrees on. Should have 3 Subs

Unofficial Matches - Does not need to have a ref. Must be organised beforehand by Reps/Leader. Must have a pick of TWO maps. Minimum players 5v5. Should have 2 Subs

Practise match - practise matches are open to the PUBLIC maps. Anyone may join, as it is not JUST for you.

once this is done state who you're battling, your refferee, what time, the maps and the rosters of each team + subs

Once this is all done post under the Team Matches section, which will be under PVP Teams (If possible)

Spoiler: How To Make A Team

Before making a team, we strongly recommend first participating in a team to get a feel for the responsibilities and requirements of a team leader/representative. The role requires responsibility and activity, whether it’s in-game, on the forums, or on skype. If you feel you're ready: (Rules/Requirements etc are all decided by the leader/Team)

In order to make an official team, you must have a Committee member approve your team by PMing them on skype or on the forums. This is to prevent random teams from being created and spamming the teams section. Include the following information when contacting a Committee Member:
6-25 members (Make sure you have 10Players)
Team name
Team representative (see roles section for info)
Then, once your team is approved:
Post in the PVP Teams section. Be sure to mark your team as [Pending] even though you've been approved.
Wait for the end of the month, then switch your thread to [Official]. Woo!
Request permission to be added into the Team Representative skype chat.
Make sure your forum thread is up to date! Anytime a member changes their name, change it on the thread as well.

ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY

Leader (Not required but preferred)-
Responsibilities:
Make team decisions
Create the team thread
Handle recruits
Player(s) in the leadership position. Leaders are usually given responsibility to have the final say in what happens to the team, create the team thread, or handle the recruitment process. Responsibilities and leadership structure varies per team.

Representative (can be leader as well)-

Required (1)
Responsibilities:
Be a member of representative Skype chat
Plan matches
Handle relations with other teams
A single player chosen to represent the team in the Team Representative skype chat. For this reason, all representatives must have a skype account for ease of communication (please note, you are not required to join calls). All official teams MUST have a representative, as they will be the ones planning matches. The leader and the representative can be the same player, but it is not required.

Member-

Required (10 to 25)
Responsibilities:
Be cool.
Players making up the team. They can participate in official and unofficial matches. Note: Members may be divided up further per team set-up.

Mercenaries-

Not required
Responsibilities:
Be cool.
Players able to play in unofficial matches ONLY.

Note: One player, one team. A player (including alternate accounts) cannot be a member on multiple teams. If you wish to be on multiple teams at once, apply to be a mercenary.

Spoiler: Player or Team strike
A strike is a disciplinary action against a player acting inappropriately. In some cases, depending on the cause, we will issue a warning to the player before a strike is handed out. In other more severe cases, a strike may be issued with no warning at all. The punishments for strikes vary depending on whether it’s the player’s first offense or not, or other specific circumstances.
First Strike - Banned from official matches for 5 days. Can participate in unofficial matches/practices.

Second Strike - Banned from ALL matches for 15 days. Applies to official, unofficial, practices, and any other type of match.

Third Strike - Banned from ALL matches for 25 days. Applies to official, unofficial, practices, and any other type of matches.

Final Strike - Banned from PVP Teams entirely. No matches of any sort, nor any affiliation via member or merc is allowed with any team, under any circumstance. This also extends to any alternate accounts owned by the player. Can also be considered as a ban from the match realms.

Keep in mind that these strikes stay with the player and are not removable unless the PVP Team Committee agrees that the strike was unjust, or any other reason that is agreed upon. If you have been striked, we are willing to explain why and how you got striked, as long as you are willing to disceuss it in a calm manner.

Teams that are inactive and have not had a match for the entire month will be given 4 weeks to do a match before the committee disbands it. Unless Committee is notified of the inactivity we will disband the team.[\spoiler]

CODE OF CONDUCT -

Player Disputes
If a player has some sort of problem (whether that be with another player, a team, a rule or regulation, etc.) that cannot be resolved on its own, contact a moderator on skype or PM on the forums, and we’ll look into the issue and hopefully resolve it.

Punishments
Failure to abide by match rules or display good sportsmanship can result in a strike. Depending on the severity and amount of strikes per player, the team may also receive a strike based on moderator’s discretion.

Players in-game or during an official match failing to follow a rule may be sent off for 1-5 minutes depending on the Refferees discretion. This can escalate to a team strike if more than one player is involved.

If a player is banned from playing within a team, they cannot join another team until their team suspension is over.

Teams constantly failing to abide by rules enforced can be shut down by the committee. The team leader and representative will always be contacted first, and a formal explanation will be made public if this happens.

Pros-
Can have newletters about the matches
Make CC more popular
More things to do for bored players
Meet the community
Teamwork

Cons-
Needs CUSTOM MADE blocks only the committee may have
Will need maps done and built

And that's it! Was something not covered? Still confused? Feel free to leave questions / comments below!

Keep in mind that the above info is subject to change, so keep tabs on this thread until teams are figured out

Comments

• DemonismDemonism SingaporeMember
    Very Good Idea, I Feel That This Addition Would Make The Current PVP System Much Better. More People Would Definitely Take Up PVP. Maybe Add Prizes For The PVP Match?
    Though I Think That The Strikes Are Too Harsh.
  • BeanGollymBeanGollym Member
    edited December 2016

Very Good Idea, I Feel That This Addition Would Make The Current PVP System Much Better. More People Would Definitely Take Up PVP. Maybe Add Prizes For The PVP Match?
    Though I Think That The Strikes Are Too Harsh.

Thanks, the strikes could be decided on later, but do remember we need to keep the rules enforced and make sure that the chat is clean. Thanks for the feedback!

*EDIT* Changed the strikes
  • Bump :333
  • i think team size minimum requirement is too large...

Thanks ill change it to 6 :U
  • Sounds kinda like what I'm already trying to do, though handled somewhat differently (I think).
    edited December 2016
    I didnt mean to copy... never knew u even had it o,o Cus i just came back >_> And don't you think it would better to have official teams with no friendly fire on? o,o you can make tournaments. And tbh it'd be more organised

Deff more resonable, although total reserve can be larger of course, so ye have variety of ppl available.

Deff more resonable, although total reserve can be larger of course, so ye have variety of ppl available.

Yus :U But do remember if this really does happen people might want teams of their own. So you can't hog all the players right? XD
  • Great idea Ace
  • Great idea Ace

• I didnt mean to copy... never knew u even had it o,o Cus i just came back >_> And don't you think it would better to have official teams with no friendly fire on? o,o you can make tournaments. And tbh it'd be more organised

It's OK. I mean, we can use more events of this ilk, so no hard feelings. :) Still, there are no toggles for friendly fire...not that I am aware of.
  • I didnt mean to copy... never knew u even had it o,o Cus i just came back >_> And don't you think it would better to have official teams with no friendly fire on? o,o you can make tournaments. And tbh it'd be more organised

It's OK. I mean, we can use more events of this ilk, so no hard feelings. :) Still, there are no toggles for friendly fire...not that I am aware of.
    Ye thats why, if this is to added (Really wanna) it could change PVP entirely. Thats why I think this idea should be in the game :U And if it does happen people can organise tournaments to see the best teams and stuff :U
  • Gud idea but the developers will be lazy to hold the contest :3

Its not the developers choice to hold the contests. Its the committee's job/a group of players or a player. The developers dont need to make the contest :U

Its not the developers choice to hold the contests. Its the committee's job/a group of players or a player. The developers dont need to make the contest :U
    I'm working on it! ;)

I'm working on it! ;)
    Ik :U After this big tournament of yours, you wanna make Pvp Maps together? And hold contests together? .-. I think that would be best in my opinion

I'm working on it! ;)
    Ik :U After this big tournament of yours, you wanna make Pvp Maps together? And hold contests together? .-. I think that would be best in my opinion
    Sure, we can work together. ;)

I'm working on it! ;)
    Sure, we can work together. ;)
    Okey! Once you finish this contest of yours, could you PM me what timezone your in so I can wake up to play with you? Also I'll friend you. Plus im making a pvp map right now. So come help once your done please :U
    edited December 2016
    *BUMP EDIT* The Platinum Paladin and I are gonna make it ourselves gg dudes :U

Posting new thread later
  • edited December 2016
    i'm also interested in hosting team pvp's, and being involved in any league development ideas, as i hold at least 2 pvp's already per month...

Posting new thread later

wait... wha...? soooo..... you two have monopoly on team pvp now or?
  • XD No, we've made a small team of peeps, we're gonna create maps and host events. Then move on to teams later if we can XD gg

i'm also interested in hosting team pvp's, and being involved in any league development ideas, as i hold at least 2 pvp's already per month...

Posting new thread later

• XD No, we've made a small team of peeps, we're gonna create maps and host events. Then move on to teams later if we can XD gg

Posting new thread later

I think I just happened to be at the right place at the right time...or maybe it's because I spend so much time trying to say hello to all the regulars, instead of cooped up in my own Realms for most of the days and nights.

But seriously, it's not a completely done-deal...not to my knowledge.

Posting new thread later

I think I just happened to be at the right place at the right time...or maybe it's because I spend so much time trying to say hello to all the regulars, instead of cooped up in my own Realms for most of the days and nights.

But seriously, it's not a completely done-deal...not to my knowledge.
    Yus yus
  • sigh ok well i will plan on my own, then, to have team invitational tournaments for clan v clan events, etcs, since this seemed to be a wasted collaboration thread. boys will be boys...
  • How is this wasted? ur the one who asked? And you never came up with the idea :U I'm actually trying to get more ideas for pvp, I don't see why all the ideas for pvp but you guys dont support this? Makes no sense to me .-. it is why i never bother letting my ideas out cus no one likes it
  • sigh ok well i will plan on my own, then, to have team invitational tournaments for clan v clan events, etcs, since this seemed to be a wasted collaboration thread. boys will be boys...

I don't see why you can't join in, is what I was trying to say with my previous statement.
  • edited December 2016
    it just seemed like you said you had a small team that was set and meeting to make maps etc. and were going to abandon this thread because you had made your minds up. i have been engaging in the discussion. i am good at doing maps and builds as well. i had said i would like to be included on any planning group ;) and apply for the league or whatever committee
    you just made it sound like a done deal and i hadn't heard any thing off thread...
    n yes i'm kinda cranky because its been almost a week and a half since i've had reliable internet. fios reliability my aunt fanny. hmmmf and quitting smoking. so please dun't take personally.
  • it just seemed like you said you had a small team that was set and meeting to make maps etc. and were going to abandon this thread because you had made your minds up. i have been engaging in the discussion. i am good at doing maps and builds as well. i had said i would like to be included on any planning group ;) and apply for the league or whatever committee
    you just made it sound like a done deal and i hadn't heard any thing off thread...
    n yes i'm kinda cranky because its been almost a week and a half since i've had reliable internet. fios reliability my aunt fanny. hmmmf and quitting smoking. so please dun't take personally.

Mk so... ill create the thread soon... maybe next year? because theres no point in this year when its nearly over... mmm and lucie u joining? And u guys want discord or skype group chat?
  • edited December 2016

it just seemed like you said you had a small team that was set and meeting to make maps etc. and were going to abandon this thread because you had made your minds up. i have been engaging in the discussion. i am good at doing maps and builds as well. i had said i would like to be included on any planning group ;) and apply for the league or whatever committee

Mk so... ill create the thread soon... maybe next year? because theres no point in this year when its nearly over... mmm and lucie u joining? And u guys want discord or skype group chat?
    Discord! :D My vote is definitely on Discord.