Birth of the Paladins

This is kinda spring-boarding off of Joe's idea with regards to crafting lore around the Order of Paladins. Read his epic here:
http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8303/a-paladins-tale-full-story#latest

THIS is a more detailed backstory of both the clan and its leader.

Before the absolute beginning, there was a simple Qbee. His name was Qbalot Knight, and it was a fitting name for someone who builds with lots of cubes...and was also a formidable force of battle. He had no titles, and he had no honors. He didn't even have any clothes! He was just a Qbee freshly spawned from the Almighty Cube just like all the thousands of other Qbees. As naked as the rest of the Level 0 newbies, he set out to muster all the experience he could, though his main goal was to join the entire so-called "community".

That day was about to come. But first, he needed a Clanstone. "No Man is an Island," it said.

To work for the Cubits he needed for such a big purchase, Qbalot lent his skills as a "sellsword", or "mercenary". For a time, it was a simple string of gigs and short-term contracts. He rode across the lands of Cubic Castles, witnessing scams and lies galore. Throughout these travels, Qbalot declared, "I have had enough!"

Not too long after, he won enough money for the Clanstone. And with that, he could stake his claim. At the time, he did not realize just how powerful a clan could actually get. To him, it was just to complete a quest for more experience.

There was one last issue to address. There was a gaping opening where proven scammers were pouring out of the Cubic Jail. They crossed over a mound of innocent dirt, which was flanked on both sides by fire and death. This one mound needed fortification. Thus, after staking his Clanstone into the ground, he declared his next calling. Qbalot's voice thundered to the heavens as he roared, "WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL!"

Toiling endlessly towards mining and buying the tens of thousands of stones needed, Qbalot took frequent breaks from the monotony. Enter Cubic Town Center, the official social hub of all Cubic Castles. Qbalot parked himself on a bench, and with a huff of relief, his gaze glazed upward to the sky. The dark autumn night howled orange leaves through the winds of late October.

This is where Qbalot really made his name known with most of the other Qbees. Virtually all of them couldn't care less even if they tried. But every so often, one or two would sit down with Qbalot for a friendly chat. One in particular was named Joe. In the Advanced Meeting Area atop the clouds of the Town Center, Qbalot and Joe hatched an idea for a radio station. They both went to work, pooling resources for the ambitious project. Cars were still being prototyped, and here they were, two ordinary Qbees trying to invent yet another marvel of tech.

Not too long later, Joe disappeared for weeks on end. Qbalot grew worried, but he braced himself by focusing even harder on completing the Great Wall. As he was building, more Qbees trickled into the folds of his clan, standing atop the Clanstone. The feet icons grew hot with each initiation, sometimes making the new Paladin jump into the air! YEOWCH!

But during those weeks where Joe had vanished, Qbalot took down his first scammer. They battled through the dungeons of doom and the redwood forests, wand versus wand. All other weapons did not exist. Either they were outlawed or had yet to be invented. Of which Qbalot was not sure. After besting the scammer, the dying breath explained, "There are MORE of us! And they will want REVENGE!"

Laying the scammer to die, Qbalot raced back to his beloved fort. There was barely a foundation of steel and the Wall was hardly 3 blocks tall. It might as well not have even BEEN there, knowing how strong Qbees can jump!

So when Qbalot returned, he found a dozen of hostiles trampling over his Wall, charging with leashed Slyme monsters at their beck and call. Qbalot was alone, with at most a handful of Paladins. They made their stand, and the two factions fought brutally! Many died from the cannons and harm wands; far more merely knocked unconscious. In the end, he has completely wiped out the small Thieves' Guild. Now it was time to couterattack.

Qbalot pushed South of the border, towards the blazing sands that stretch for millions of blocks. Eventually, Qbalot found a cave. All alone, he nimbly dodged the cannons, bottomless pitfalls, and spiky traps. Finally, in a room covered with gold as if painted by raw Cubits, he confronted the Scam Lord, master of this cell of the Cubic Castles Thieves' Guild! The two of them fought long and hard, but Qbalot won out and brought the fiend to justice! Slamming the Scam Lord in Cubic Jail, Qbalot was summoned to The Oriental Residence. Out in the field of pink treetops, he was truly dubbed a knight.

And now, all will hail him as SIR Qbalot Knight!

With his claim-to-fame set in stone (etched onto the inner side of the Wall), initiates poured into the Order in droves! As Qbalot has fearlessly led by example time and again, his role as founder and overseer of the Order has grown dramatically. His home wasn't even completed by the time he was addressed as "The Platinum Paladin"!

Platinum in Cubic Castles was so rare and precious, it was practically unheard of! It was fitting for someone who was founding and leading the boldest clan to rise within recent memory.

Fort Knight construction was well underway, The Great Wall triumphantly stood completed, and the Order of Paladins swore in new Initiates on a daily basis. All the members have banded together under the common cause set forth by Sir Qbalot Knight:

"We will stop the thieves. We will stop the scammers. We will Make Cubic Castles Greater! And we will have FUN while doing all that! All will cheer our name in praise and awe. We are, THE Order of Paladins!"

And that is the Birth of the Paladins!

Comments

• #ALLTEHLORE btw I was gone as I couldn't find my iPad so couldn't play cc.
  • Wow!
    I'm shocked with such awesomeness :0
    But it needs some more Mr.Pud on it.
    I give it a 9/10 xD
    Now jokes apart, this is amazing! A true artifact of the Paladin story, creativity action and a special Paladin appeared! Just...gg.....
  • #ALLTEHLORE btw I was gone as I couldn't find my iPad so couldn't play cc.

I noticed, but you were still gone...so that has to be reflected. THAT SAID, welcome back, Paladin Joe! *salute*
  • Nice lore 11/10 :D
  • edited November 2016
    Also, I don't think Mr. Pud made his portrayal public yet (if you did, let me know). That's something I'd like to share, if that's OK with him. I like that it reminds us of the friendship element that is so often forgotten, especially when blindsided by glory and battle.

"
    Many years passed since Platinum Paladin created the Order, many victories and losses, friends and enemies, the Order has reached the absolute. The white clouds turned grey as thunders and rain fall from the sky, Platinum decided to build a shelter, a way to implement the fort that at the point only had walls, with the rain came a stranger, running in fear through the fort, once he gets nearby, he notices Platinum Paladin, Platinum immediately invited the stranger to come inside. The metal walls shake with the thunders outside, Platinum asks the QBee his name, Mr.Pud. Mr.Pud and Platinum became allies, forging a great friendship full of laughs and fear, fights and screams. Mr.Pud is not the same scared QBee anymore, he's strong as Paladin, in no time, for Pud Platinum became a symbol of courage and compassion, now he decided to follow the steps of the master.

Mr.Pud and Platinum were helping QBess with quests, they decided to call that the "Quest Raid Night". On the middle of the darkness someone appeared, his name, was Sir.Fox, and by his side, Joe, Platinum's old friend appeared, Mr.Pud and Platinum greeted Fox and Joe, inviting them to pass the rest of the night at Fort Knight. Platinum provided basic rooms for them, which in no time were already decorated with all kinds of strange blocks that Platinum had never seen, the night was calm and fast, as the tired heroes were sleeping....

Mr.Pud and Fox became good friends, as Joe and Platinum shared good moments with each other, Pud and Fox trained untill the moon rises, passing the next 2 years with the same routine, untill today...

The rest of the story is still unknown, when will we see it? Only the time will tell...

"

Only issue, though, is that as of Real Life time, the Order has barely been around a MONTH! So either Mr. Pud is psychic, or this is some powerful creative liberty. :P Or maybe it's a reflection of his own seniority to the community relative to my own.
  • Mr.PudMr.Pud Member
    edited November 2016

Also, I don't think Mr. Pud made his portrayal public yet (if you did, let me know). That's something I'd like to share, if that's OK with him. I like that it reminds us of the friendship element that is so often forgotten, especially when blindsided by glory and battle.

"
    Many years passed since Platinum Paladin created the Order, many victories and losses, friends and enemies, the Order has reached the absolute. The white clouds turned grey as thunders and rain fall from the sky, Platinum decided to build a shelter, a way to implement the fort that at the point only had walls, with the rain came a stranger, running in fear through the fort, once he gets nearby, he notices Platinum Paladin, Platinum immediately invited the stranger to come inside. The metal walls shake with the thunders outside, Platinum asks the QBee his name, Mr.Pud. Mr.Pud and Platinum became allies, forging a great friendship full of laughs and fear, fights and screams. Mr.Pud is not the same scared QBee anymore, he's strong as Paladin, in no time, for Pud Platinum became a symbol of courage and compassion, now he decided to follow the steps of the master.

Mr.Pud and Platinum were helping QBess with quests, they decided to call that the "Quest Raid Night". On the middle of the darkness someone appeared, his name, was Sir.Fox, and by his side, Joe, Platinum's old friend appeared, Mr.Pud and Platinum greeted Fox and Joe, inviting them to pass the rest of the night at Fort Knight. Platinum provided basic rooms for them, which in no time were already decorated with all kinds of strange blocks that Platinum had never seen, the night was calm and fast, as the tired heroes were sleeping....

Mr.Pud and Fox became good friends, as Joe and Platinum shared good moments with each other, Pud and Fox trained untill the moon rises, passing the next 2 years with the same routine, untill today...

The rest of the story is still unknown, when will we see it? Only the time will tell...

"

Only issue, though, is that as of Real Life time, the Order has barely been around a MONTH! So either Mr. Pud is psychic, or this is some powerful creative liberty. :P Or maybe it's a reflection of his own seniority to the community relative to my own.

I wrote that the Order exists for a long time just for the lore :v
  • Also, I don't think Mr. Pud made his portrayal public yet (if you did, let me know). That's something I'd like to share, if that's OK with him. I like that it reminds us of the friendship element that is so often forgotten, especially when blindsided by glory and battle.

"

"

Or maybe, The order was secret for ages until now?
  • All I know is what has transpired in-game: I only recently came onto the scene, and made tremendous waves since then.