Second Combat Tournament: Big Team Battle

NEVAWEL'S LEGACY WON! CONGRATULATIONS! Assassin's Clan came Runner-Up. Congratulations to both clans!

A couple highlights from the First Combat Tournament:

FIGHT!

First Combat Tournament

*TRUMPETS BLAIR!*

Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 9AM Eastern Time (6AM Pacific/Cubic Time) will be our SECOND Combat Tournament! This SHOULD give plenty of time for word-of-mouth to spread and promote the event. AND, because of the bigger scale of this event, I would *definitely* want to negotiate some arrangements to have an official Moderator assist with coordinating and policing (specifically, to make sure there are no unauthorized spectators down in The Ring during a match). @Angel and @Cortana come to mind, depending on availability. ;)

The problems with the FIRST Combat Tournament are being addressed. First, the extra time means more people can be aware of the event (AND be aware that there is some truly chunky PRIZE MONEY on the line). Second, I received one or two complaints from our European Qbees regarding the schedule. Putting it early morning allows a few things to align: 1) I can be awake to referee (even if only barely), 2) it's morning for me, afternoon for England, and evening for most of Europe, and 3) It's Saturday, so for those night owls, Sunday acts as a buffer in case you "have to stay up late so you/I can participate in the Combat Tournament." Granted SOME adults work on weekends, but I think that affects a negligible amount of the Cubic Castles community.
As for the warp food, that's still in the air. Why? That can backfire in the sense that contestants (or even the audience) could get a-hold of the warp foods to get into the Ring, and nothing short of a realm-ban will keep them out.

This particular event is a Big Team Battle, and the teams are based off Clans. The Order of Paladins will be one of the clans to beat! I myself will still not fight, because I will be refereeing! :D While I understand some clans are bigger than others, I am initially going to propose a hard-cap of 10 fighters to represent a single Clan. That would mean there will never be more than 20 Qbees in The Ring at any one time, and so no one clan can have a dramatic "strength in numbers" advantage. Invariably, I do not count towards any such cap, because I'm not a fighter; I'm the referee! :P

Prize Money is 50k Cubits for the Champion Team, awarded to that clan's official leader. Runner-up receives 20k Cubits. No Participation Prize this time! :'(

So what happens if the Order of Paladins actually wins? Who gets the prize money?! First, all Paladin fighters will be promoted to Silver rank (and a "Team Captain" could even see a shortcut to Gold rank)! And the 50k Cubits will be divided up evenly among the members (or as evenly as realistically possible; ideally 50k divided by 10 would make 5k for each Paladin).

"Wouldn't this create a conflict-of-interest? You're both sponsoring the event, AND participating in it!" No, there is no conflict to me. I take an EXTREMELY strong and strict stance against any forms of competition tampering. The First Combat Tournament shows there were no special favors or advantages extended to any of the Paladins, especially since the Champion was (to me) quite the Dark Horse.

The RULES are otherwise unchanged. The only difference is that it's not down to the last Qbee standing, but rather the last CLAN. So if 2 Qbees from the same clan are alive in the Ring, then that CLAN has won the round. Starting positions work similar to before, but now there will be two walls of opposing armies.

What this means is now there are TWO Layers of Registration! First, I need to know all the different individual players. Second, I need to know what clans they will be representing. And like the First Tournament, THE LIST LOCKS SIX HOURS PRIOR TO EVENT! What "locked list" means is that no new players can be added, and those who ARE on the List are committed to show up, lest they forfeit (and leave the rest of us with a more boring show). Usually, this locking allows me a chance to organize the brackets, but since clans can be molded more strongly in this regard, brackets will be done the night before (Friday, December 16; or Thursday, December 15, if I anticipate exhaustion from work).

Unless Cosmic Cow adds other weapons, this will once again be fought with wands, just like the first Tournament.

Otherwise, all rules from the First Combat Tournament remain unchanged and carry over to this event.

Uniforms are recommended and encouraged, but not required.

Any more questions or comments, please do not hesitate to share!

Comments

• i want to join

Im in your clan
  • The assassin's clan should be able to join...if I can find any willing clan members x.X
    Maybe I will have to one man team it xD
    @Sepail - Wanna join the clan for the event?
  • Eh, oh... I did never join clans and i can't understand how it possible to fight 20v20. If there are a lot of rounds 1v1 - its okay. But if 20v20 or at least 3v3 - it contains a lot of details about how dont hurt each other... I think everyone who tried it - can confirm. Btw maybe you answered the question but i am lazy to read all the msg:P
    Anyways - i'l try to join any clan and invite my team bcs this time is fine for me.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited December 2016
    Note: Friendly fire is ON -> Chaotic 20 vs 20 (Unless 9/10 are supporters)

Well, if I'm not allowed to be a one-man army, and not having any orders from my current clan, then any clan wants to hire me? (Or I'll join alone if it's possible)
  • CD87 said:

Note: Friendly fire is ON -> Chaotic 20 vs 20 (Unless 9/10 are supporters)

Well, if I'm not allowed to be a one-man army, and not having any orders from my current clan, then any clan wants to hire me?

Always :P sure come see me in-game bro
  • edited February 2017
    Sepail said:

Eh, oh... I did never join clans and i can't understand how it possible to fight 20v20. If there are a lot of rounds 1v1 - its okay. But if 20v20 or at least 3v3 - it contains a lot of details about how dont hurt each other... I think everyone who tried it - can confirm. Btw maybe you answered the question but i am lazy to read all the msg:P
    Anyways - i'l try to join any clan and invite my team bcs this time is fine for me.

Yeah, tell you the truth, it's going to be a cluster. I can't really tweak "friendly fire" settings. I'm not as concerned about that; rather, as referee, it's going to be massively more complicated for me to weed out the audience from The Ring. That's part of why I'd like to enlist some help from one or two truly trustworthy folk.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    Clan: Nevarwel's Legacy
    Also, is heal wands allows?
    If so, I'll be battling with 1 partner xD
  • edited November 2016

Clan: Nevarwel's Legacy
    Also, is heal wands allows?
    If so, I'll be battling with 1 partner xD

Now, pretty much yeah, heal wands ARE allowed. It's not a 1v1 match, so we won't have to worry about the awkwardness from last time. Then again, I don't think there will be much in the way of wand limits, given how complicated this event will be.

Oh, and I added all names thus far to my LIST.
    Mkay, I'll edit if I can find a partner
  • Mkay, I'll edit if I can find a partner

If you want I'll join, not sure if I can make it though.

Mkay, I'll edit if I can find a partner

If you want I'll join, not sure if I can make it though.
    It's afternoon for us lol

• Im not gonna join if heal wands, sorry it will be too frustrating trying to kill someone and they just heal.
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited November 2016

Im not gonna join if heal wands, sorry it will be too frustrating trying to kill someone and they just heal.

As a player who made a lot of tournaments i have experience that if heal wands allowed - possible to kill player with shrink only...

Btw i'l join i hope
  • Sepail said:

Im not gonna join if heal wands, sorry it will be too frustrating trying to kill someone and they just heal.

As a player who made a lot of tournaments i have experience that if heal wands allowed - possible to kill player with shrink only...

Btw i'l join i hope
    Knockback also btw

• SepailSepail Member
    edited November 2016

Sepail said:

Btw i'l join i hope
    Knockback also btw

Lol. Impossible at paladin's arena. Btw hope for better with using harm only.
  • I'm In, Add me to that list.
  • Add me in list too
  • Sepail said:

Add me in list too

Done...but I don't know what clan you're representing.
  • I would like to join, too!
    Clan name: The Minionz
    And I am going to join with my friend, Menda!
  • Evervess said:

I would like to join, too!

Rly? ' = '
  • Gettin me team o' pirates together... also volunteerin' to help referee, if needed.
  • edited December 2016

Gettin me team o' pirates together... also volunteerin' to help referee, if needed.

Either you referee or you fight. Also, the whole point is to make sure nobody gets any "unfair advantage". ;)

Smaller clan turnouts may be a disadvantage, but that's nothing I can control. Not saying they can't join in, but if it's just 1 guy against 10, you can see the numbers against them. Or those 10 could all be bumbling clowns, so who knows.
  • Hey, Platium, sign me in, and also my friend Dark Shadow1. But there's a problem.. We didn't decided yet in which clan we're going. I'll tell u that later. xD
  • ^Hope^ said:

Hey, Platium, sign me in, and also my friend Dark Shadow1. But there's a problem.. We didn't decided yet in which clan we're going. I'll tell u that later. xD

Acknowledged.
  • EvervessEvervess Member
    edited December 2016
    Sepail said:

Evervess said:

I would like to join, too!

Rly? ' = '

Yeah, really, Sepail. What's wrong if I join, too? Here everyone can comment and join. Stop wasting your time commenting and judging. You should train instead making fun of me! I know you are better at PvP, but here the point is winning experience and having fun!
  • There is also some good loot at stake. But I really just like seeing the best fighters from all the land gather in one spot.
  • ^Hope^^Hope^ Member
    edited December 2016

There is also some good loot at stake. But I really just like seeing the best fighters from all the land gather in one spot.

I'm glad about that, Plati. :) I do really want to see how everyone plays, and maybe make new friends. C;
    Good luck, everyone! :D
  • EvervessEvervess Member
    edited December 2016
    ^Hope^ said:

There is also some good loot at stake. But I really just like seeing the best fighters from all the land gather in one spot.

Uh, I mean, they're not all " best figheters ". But I really appreciate that they will try their best and have fun. xD Also I imagine the lagg, if there are many teams.. Rip.
    Good luck everyone! :)
    Very subtle to say that you are the best, Hope. Don't get me wrong. We are not all trained by good fighters, like you. We are trying our best. Now I am going to stop commenting. I don't wanna start a fight here. D: ;-;
    ^Hope^ said:

I'm glad about that, Plati. :) I do really want to see how everyone plays, and maybe make new friends. C;
    Good luck, everyone! :D
    Oh! Now if you think that is your opinion now and later was just a mistake I am glad! I'm sure everyone will be the best! Just have fun!
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited December 2016
    Paladin's tournaments dont prove and show the "best fighter", i think to make sure who is better - fight 1v1. Paladin's tournament 2 will be team fight and i think it will be interesting and we will enjoy. Btw, we (me and team) will join Lays clan.
    @Paladin, i'l tell you name of clan tomorrow i guess
  • *TGJ**TGJ* Member
    edited December 2016
    Btw for any random person who wanted to fight me for some random reason, I will not be playing, rather refereeing with platinum. ( As I have hit silver rank)