Combat Tournament

Congratulations to AidenPlayz, OUR CHAMPION! ALL HAIL THE CHAMPION!

And Congratulations to Spartaboss, the Runner-up felled by AidenPlayz in the Final Round.

Combat Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, November 26, 2016, at 5PM Eastern Time. Cubic Time is Pacific Time, meaning the event will be at 2PM Pacific/Cubic Time. All combatants MUST pre-register in order to keep the flow as orderly as possible.

This is a PvP event! It will be held in tournament fashion, with brackets varying upon player turnout. Player arrangements will be purely at random. Each round will consist of 2 players, locked in a one-on-one duel, wand fighting to the death over a bottomless arena! As time goes on, the arena will shrink. In the event of a tie or indecisive outcome, the match will be conducted over with the same participants until a decisive victor emerges. If a combatant lags out, the round will be redone. If the combatant regularly lags out to the point of serious disruption, however (say, 3 to 5 or more times), the combatant forfeits and the opponent wins by default.

There are only 2 exceptions to the 2-combatant rule. First, in the event of an "Oddball Round", there may be 3 or even 4 combatants at once. That is because if the number of registered players does not neatly fit a standard tournament format, some small tweaking may need to be made to best accommodate for the odd numbers *and* let everyone play. The second event would be for MY presence on the field! That is because I am the coordinator and referee! I am NOT a combatant, and there is NO BONUS for attacking ME! :P

After 5 minutes of a round, I will begin to shrink the arena. Again, if a player falls, the player loses. If both fall at the same time (or real close to it), it is counted as a tie.

This time, there are PRIZES! And EVERYONE gets SOMETHING! Inspired by a combination of support/love for the Cubic Castles game+community *AND* the rumored disparity between the paying fashionistas versus those stuck with Starter-Realms and little else, all participants will receive no less than a 100 Cubit Allowance.

The Champion will receive a bounty of 10,000 Cubits! The Runner-Up (the final opponent felled by the Champion) will receive 5,000 Cubits! Both of these prizes are AMPLE for purchasing a hearty Realm! Or spend it on a Krampus mask, I don't care. :P

Other Secondary Prizes will vary upon player turnout.

For a bonus clan-based recruitment twist (as this event is sponsored by The Order of Paladins), if the Champion is a member of the Order, that Champion will become our VERY FIRST SILVER RANKED PALADIN! This only applies if the individual is a Paladin *BEFORE* the Tournament!

Combatants will be fighting with wands, as there are no other weapons currently in-game. If participants do NOT have any wands to call their own, THEY WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A WAND, AND CAN KEEP IT AS THEIR OWN! This makes the event absolutely all-inclusive!

Basically, this event is a hybrid giveaway and contest, as a contest with a Paladin-themed twist. Rewards involve not only wealth, but also honor and glory!

During the event, players are allowed (nay, ENCOURAGED) to use hollawarp to drum up larger audiences. That assumes they will not cause serious disruption.

Reply to this thread or contact The Platinum Paladin for more details and organization! For those trying to reach The Platinum Paladin in-game, there is a mailbox right next to the main exit/entrance to Fort Knight. Leaving a letter in there is an alternate way to enter the Tournament. You can definitely spread the word to all your in-game friends! All that matters is that names are collected.

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Nice event!

Btw, need help with building the arena? :D
  • Nice event!

Considering I would not have anything to lose (seeing as how the Arena would be completely made from scratch), I could use some help. Right now, I'd need more in terms of design than labor. But as this continues to crystallize, I could use an extra pair of trustworthy hands.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

Nice event!

Considering I would not have anything to lose (seeing as how the Arena would be completely made from scratch), I could use some help. Right now, I'd need more in terms of design than labor. But as this continues to crystallize, I could use an extra pair of trustworthy hands.
    Okay, feel free to contact me when you need help ;)
  • I'm afraid construction is already well underway. :P Seriously, there are more helpful hands than I know what to do with!

Anyway, because of that, the event will take place on Saturday, November 26, 2016. All combatants must use this time to register in advance! This is to allow for organization so I know who all is going to be there.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    Hmm so wait ... How do I register?xD
  • Basically, just let me know, or someone who can pass your name along with me. I'll write it down, and it'll be a nice list.

In essence, tournaments are run where there are even numbers and the like so there are no "odd ones out" sort of issue.
    Then I'm joining lol
  • Gotcha. I assume your in-game name is also "The Death Reaper"?
  • I would like to join my IGN is Spartaboss
  • Join: Globbard
  • I don't have anything to do recently, so I guess I'll join then!
    And sorry that I have to call @Sepail in for the game xD
  • edited November 2016
    CD87 said:

I don't have anything to do recently, so I guess I'll join then!

Does the in-game name include the @ sign, or not? To ease confusion, type it out exactly as seen in-game. I am The Platinum Paladin.
  • May I join too c:
    IGN: *Snoopie*
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited November 2016

CD87 said:

I don't have anything to do recently, so I guess I'll join then!

Does the in-game name include the @ sign, or not? To ease confusion, type it out exactly as seen in-game. I am The Platinum Paladin.
    I guess you're new to the forum then, the @ is used to mention someone (He/she will receive a notification)
    Example: @The%20Platinum%20Paladin

Also, I've got some questions:
    +What types of wands can be used?
    +Where is the arena? Can we take a look at it before the tournament?
    +Can you convert the time to Cubic Time? (Since it's the standard time in the game)
    +Can we wear costumes? xD (Not really important)

Finally, thank you for creating this.
  • edited November 2016
    OK, I will clarify.

Any wand can be used, BUT both combatants in the ring need to use the same kind of wand. For that matter, the default wand provided to those who have none will be a Harm Wand.

The Arena is public, and you can look at it. Search for "Paladin Combat Arena" in the Overworld. It should be really far south in Eden. While you're there, you'll find a door that leads to Fort Knight. You are welcome to visit my home, even though it won't help you prepare for the tournament. :P

I do not know what Cubic Time *IS*. I can not translate that to any Earthly times because I have no point of reference!

Yes, you CAN wear costumes. This is not a team-based event, so no uniform is required. You can even be NAKED! :P

It is my pleasure to try and stir up some life with events! Being awesome is reward enough in and of itself! :)
  • since the week that 26 is in is a holiday i'll join but if im gonna fight it need's to be fair so someone with 4 hearts
  • since the week that 26 is in is a holiday i'll join but if im gonna fight it need's to be fair so someone with 4 hearts

I have no means to enforce any rules regarding player perks. So unless such details can get nailed down through developer intervention, I'm afraid I can't help in that regard. That said, even a Level 0 Newbie can theoretically best a Level 60 "Pro".
  • Seeeeep have da lagging mouse and it blocking each second shoot. Argh, my luck if i will buy new mouse before 26 november, but anyways i am ready
  • Oh so I'm joining too well my in-game name is the same as my username ( U have added me )
  • Just adding a bit of an edit for "oddball rounds", in case we don't have a number of registered combatants who fit neatly into a tournament bracket. In such cases, 3 or even 4 combatants may be allowed into the Ring.

Also, I ran a practice version of the Combat Tournament. No prizes were handed out, though some wands were given away for people summed by my holla. Still, it was just for practice. It was far more chaotic and sporadic than I was hoping, though it clues me into the troubles involving player disruption. I'm definitely going to want some help running this thing!
  • I will join and will not only be representing The Assassins Clan but I have the honour to also be representing @Sepail 's PvP Team :D are there any rules? Such as no heal wands and stuff?

I will join and will not only be representing The Assassins Clan but I have the honour to also be representing @Sepail 's PvP Team :D are there any rules? Such as no heal wands and stuff?

Sep said they'll all be sleeping xD
  • I will join and will not only be representing The Assassins Clan but I have the honour to also be representing @Sepail 's PvP Team :D are there any rules? Such as no heal wands and stuff?

:С Yus...
    But Assasination is owl
  • Sepail said:

I will join and will not only be representing The Assassins Clan but I have the honour to also be representing @Sepail 's PvP Team :D are there any rules? Such as no heal wands and stuff?

:С Yus...
    But Assasination is owl
    ...Hoot...
    /\ /\

Don't judge my 10 second 'masterpeice ' xD
  • Eh. Rip my 10k cubits. I sleep at nights '.'
    And i think reaper will win
  • edited November 2016
    Sepail said:

Eh. Rip my 10k cubits. I sleep at nights '.'

I heard you're in Ukrane, so your concerns are noted. I'll see what I can do in the future to cater for our European/Asian friends.

As for the no heal wands, that makes sense because you can't use them to beat your opponents. That'd just be awkward. Same with necro wands.

Also, I've seen at least 2 other Paladins MY money is on. ;) No, that is NOT me, because I am refereeing.
  • Sepail said:

Teach me senpai! :D
  • SepailSepail Member
    edited November 2016

Sepail said:

Teach me senpai! :D
    I'l try to make u winner bcs i can't participate, i will do all to make u and my team best in this tournament, but is it 100% u will be on?

P. S. I'm not Senpai :C
  • I'll join.
  • I'll join.

Gotcha! :)