Game Mechanic Questions

edited November 2016 in Help Requests
Here are some general gameplay questions circulating around my mind.

Fadey Foam, and Phantom Foam...how does it work? The idea is you spray something another floor above (say a bedroom area that's 10 blocks off the ground, and not high enough to surpass the camera), and you want to be able to see through the bedroom floor when you're beneath it on the ground floor. But there are multiple different types of foam. So, do each of them behave differently? What nuances should be considered?

Renting...how does it work? The idea is simple enough, in that you have these red flag blocks, and a bumper attached to it to designate a chunk of land to give to friends (or whoever pays you enough). But what if I have a room I want to give to them that is already somewhat pre-built? How can I let them have control over that pre-built chunk of space? Also, can players decorate on walls without the risk of them destroying the walls?

Display Cases...you know, if you want to show off your collection, how is that done? From the looks of it, you just drop your rare goods on the floor, plop a glass block on top of it, and the goods will float inside for all eternity and not expire in 20 minutes. Is it truly that simple?

Adventure...why do the bonus stars do nothing? Yeah, big spoiler alert for the overachievers who successfully sought out ALL 18 of them, but I found this to be a huge letdown. Mysterious Star Man doesn't even acknowledge or congratulate you for the achievement! Was there ever any intended reward? Why or why not?

Cars! What is left to do in order to integrate them into the main MMO universe? Would they be some kind of deployable inventory item that players can use basically whenever they feel like it? Not only are they SUPER cute as seen in Adventure, but it'd make traversing massive Realms MUCH easier and more fun. Similarly, since we see Blimps on the Overworld, why not Airplanes? And if there WERE Airplanes, would there be any ways to prevent players from using them to effectively "cheat" through Parkour maps?

Now that I think about it...food: other than warp food that teleports you to certain locations, how come eating appears to do nothing in-game? Was it ever supposed to do anything? Like eating eggs for example, I observe no difference. It's not like it helps me heal hearts as far as I can tell.

And as a bonus/favor, is there any sort of "beta/test" server separate from the one server most players are familiar of? If so, how can I access it? If it is impossible for zealous but otherwise normal players to access it (assuming one exists), why is this the case?

Comments

• Some answers:
    Fadey foam- Cubic learn fadey foam- the realm, it will teach you the basics etc.
    Beta testing- yes there is a beta server but there is only one beta since all the betas before just messed around and only slim found most of the bugs.
  • Answer: Only some foods do nothing when eaten, but for

food warp - teleport u to food warp bumper
    valentine chocolate - makes love icons surrounds you
    glue - u can no longer type properly until relog/waiting for a while
    candy - show messages when eaten

About how to use fadey foam? Go to cubic learning centre, there is a room which teach you how to use it.

About collecting all stars in adventure.... There won't be any achievement since you can't bring out items from the adventure

About asking for letting players to build in your realm without damaging your stuff, use flash bumper!

About the display cases, yap it's like what u say, just drop your item and put glass on it,
    note: you have to make sure the item is in the center of the glass after u placed the glass, else your items will be gone.

About the car you mentioned, if they're being brought into game, I guess they wouldn't be able to be placed or removed by anyone except the owner, and can be used by everyone in that realm, well airplane definitely wouldn't be added into this game.
  • I visited the fadey foam room, but it does not explain anything about Phantom Foam. What makes that particular flavor special?
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Phantom foam has only one colour and is used to create pass-through objects. Others are separated by colours to be used in big buildings with many floors. Each floor has to be foamed with different colour foam to work together and has to be connected to walls too. Note: phantom and fadey don't work together.

Some answers:
    Fadey foam- Cubic learn fadey foam- the realm, it will teach you the basics etc.
    Beta testing- yes there is a beta server but there is only one beta since all the betas before just messed around and only slim found most of the bugs.

And I'd correct this as it's not quite accurate. Slim isn't the only beta tester, there are other beta testers too which are a few of staff members, you'd see if forum beta ranks weren't actually hidden. Beta used to have a small group of beta testers but sadly it had to be cancelled due to multiple reasons. You can read some info about it here: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/63217/#Comment_63217
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Fadey Foam = when standing under a roof or floor of some kind, you can see trough it.

Phantom Foam - Apply it to any block and you can walk/fall trough that block.

• Cortana said:

Phantom foam has only one colour and is used to create pass-through objects. Others are separated by colours to be used in big buildings with many floors. Each floor has to be foamed with different colour foam to work together and has to be connected to walls too. Note: phantom and fadey don't work together.

Some answers:

And I'd correct this as it's not quite accurate. Slim isn't the only beta tester, there are other beta testers too which are a few of staff members, you'd see if forum beta ranks weren't actually hidden. Beta used to have a small group of beta testers but sadly it had to be cancelled due to multiple reasons. You can read some info about it here: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/63217/#Comment_63217
    Thanks for the correction :D
  • scorto7 said:

Fadey Foam = when standing under a roof or floor of some kind, you can see trough it.

Phantom Foam - Apply it to any block and you can walk/fall trough that block.

Not any, some blocks cant be afected by phantom foam. I think liquids cant be sprayed.
    Unless its changed recently.