The Order of Paladins is Recruiting!

edited December 2016 in Community
The Order of Paladins (or "OOPS" for short) is a new clan within Cubic Castles that has risen from the personal care of The Platinum Paladin! All are welcome, so long as you're not a proven thief, scammer, or liar (even if you were, you'd need to have proven redemption). You're supposed to be a Paladin!

So, what IS the Order of Paladins? To describe the members of the Order in one word, we are enthusiastic. The Order of Paladins is a gathering of such individuals with immense potential, those regularly exemplifying the noble values upheld by Paladin creed. A Paladin is someone who is committed towards bettering All Existence by both helping the needy and smiting evil. Yes, while not (always) very applicable in Cubic Castles, Paladins are known for combating demons and unsavory types. How that directly relates to Cubic Castles specifically involves the appropriate reporting of "scammers" and other thieves, immediately upon the incident so no crucial details are lost. Preventive measures can and should be taken, such as education and locking down build permits within players' home Realms. That is why The Platinum Paladin is so reluctant to give such permits to Fort Knight.

What is the origin story of the Order of Paladins? Sometime in the middle of October, The Platinum Paladin needed to complete the quest "No Man is an Island." At the time, he possessed tens of thousands of Cubits (all of which were depleted by the time of this initial writing), so he figured, "Hey, instead of jumping through somebody else's hoops, why don't I just BUY a Clanstone from the Cubit Store and get it done quick and easy?!" So, what started as just a check-in-the-box quickly blossomed into one of the most promising underdog clans of all Cubic Castles! And the joke is, "I literally just bought it for the 1K XP!"

How do I join? Just ask The Platinum Paladin, who will promptly lead you to the Order's Clanstone. You will find him online daily, so he should not be hard to find. Some of his favorite hangouts are Cubic Town Center and Fort Knight.

How do I rank up? There are no hard-and-fast rules; The Platinum Paladin thus far has sort of just "felt his way through it." It usually involves displays of loyalty, determination, friendship, and sheer awesomeness! "HowDoIPlayCC" holds the current record of going from Initiate to Bronze (just a matter of a few minutes) for not only contributing a mammoth donation towards building Fort Knight, but also the enthusiasm displayed is unrivaled. "Mr. Pud" holds second place, because his artwork and forum activity marks him as "serving with distinction". "Sir Fox", finally, has the third-quickest Initiate-to-Bronze rate, particularly aided by his seniority with Cubic Castles in general. The ranks are (from lowest to highest) Initiate, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum.

What do those ranks mean? This paragraph is meant to act as guidelines, not bylaws. Initiate is for the new members, and those who just mind their own business tend to stay here. Even if there are Initiates contributing greatly, it must be noted by higher members or else proper recognition will never get credited. Bronze can be achieved relatively easily and quickly, be it through a good chat or helping gather resources for Fort Knight. Silver, however, requires more serious work, and nobody (no matter how awesome) will be seeing Gold for quite some time. Silver would be equivalent to elite troops, and Gold akin to The Platinum Paladin's inner council. Platinum is reserved for The Platinum Paladin. It is in his very name!

What do we do in the Order? First and foremost, it is a coalition of friends, so helping each other or simply "hanging out" are frequent pastimes. On a more formal scale, there are regular events planned throughout the weekends. For example, the Order hosts Quest Raids where the clan as a whole will help each other with quests, social events that may or may not pertain to specific themes, and for more hardcore Paladins, there is even a PvP event in the design phase! Finally, if the clan lasts for a year, on each anniversary, there will be an Awards Ceremony to both celebrate the Order as a whole and praise the most outstanding individual Paladins!

Who is The Platinum Paladin? His full (character) name is Sir Qbalot Knight. As the name implies, this is the only Paladin with Platinum rank, as he is the founder and fearless leader of the Order. If members of the Order are the Knights of the Round Table, The Platinum Paladin would be King Arthur. He is usually among a company of friends, usually helping them with their needs. And he has been busy working on construction of Fort Knight, which is not only the official Headquarters of the Order of Paladins, but it is also his personal home. So you must forgive him if he seems to be always busy; he unfailingly makes time for his friends and fellow Paladins! But you might have to wait a couple minutes; he can (usually) only help one person at a time, and he can only be in one Realm at a time. The Platinum Paladin hardly has a minute to himself!

Are there any OTHER "games" where the Order of Paladins has a presence? YES! The Order of Paladins has just expanded to Guild Wars 2. Jade Quarry is the server, and the name for the clan's leader is The Platinum Paladin.5691 (yes, those numbers are essential for finding its leader). Still, just suggest some co-op titles and/or other MMOs (or PvP titles, if you're really bold), and let's see what can be done with it. ;)

I have MORE QUESTIONS! I MUST ask them! Just post your thoughts here on this Forum thread, or speak to The Platinum Paladin. Whether through the forums or in-game, he will surely respond to you in kind.

Comments

• Nicely said :D
  • I loved the idea and i even would join, but im already in a clan :/
  • Very well explained I must say, The Order of Paladins might sound like it's an advanced clan for advanced players, and it isn't! Everybody can join and enjoy our events and hangouts, the only requirement is that the person must be polite, and a great companion/pal, no scammers are allowed as the purpose of the clan is only recruit pure players, and as always, we are just here to have fun, enjoy great times, and simply hangout, the Order is not a so serious clan, but yet just a way to connect great friends, you can join if you want to! A big thanks to everyone that stopped by to read our lore and useful info.

Sincerely, Mr.Pud.
  • edited November 2016
    Mr.Pud said:

Very well explained I must say, The Order of Paladins might sound like it's an advanced clan for advanced players, and it isn't! Everybody can join and enjoy our events and hangouts, the only requirement is that the person must be polite, and a great companion/pal, no scammers are allowed as the purpose of the clan is only recruit pure players, and as always, we are just here to have fun, enjoy great times, and simply hangout, the Order is not a so serious clan, but yet just a way to connect great friends, you can join if you want to! A big thanks to everyone that stopped by to read our lore and useful info.

Sincerely, Mr.Pud.

Basically, that sums it up nicely. While entry and participation requirements are far more lax than some, we're starting to become one of the new "big players" of Cubic Castles. We may have *some* events for "advanced" players ("Raids" can be quite a challenge, as they are in OTHER games), but that is not our absolute focus. The focus is to have fun and make Cubic Castles greater.

And yes, this Forum post can constitute "lore" regarding the Order of Paladins! ;)
  • I had to "bump" this because of the major update: We are now in Guild Wars 2! :D
  • When I get my new pic it looks like I'll be in order of paladins in Guild Of Wars too
  • Not pic pc*
  • Not pic pc*

Looking forward to it! And I'm still open to any more suggestions, even though we discussed it at the last Clan Meeting.