Can mods and admins accept qbees when sending them a request

Hello i want these long time ago. Mods and admins why they are not accepting friend request? I know that their friend list are full but for my opinion declining friend request is a type of snob. Or better, Mods and Admins will friends automatically to all Qbee's to help them to solve their problem or to report a scammer instantly.So Mods, Admins, and fellow Qbee's do u agree with that?

Comments

• Ks.Ks. Member
    edited October 2016
    This is their choice , weather to add or not , we can still tell them on forum DUHH =P
  • GodzKs said:

This is their choice , weather to add or not , we can still on them on forum DUHH =P

oh sorry Godzks. I mean to solve problems faster because some Qbees dont know about the forum
  • Ks.Ks. Member
    images (4)
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    If you need some issues to be dealt with, there's a report button for that, you don't need to have staff members added for your report to be looked in. Calling us "snobs" for wanting some personal space is quite hypocrite. Most of us keep friend lists short simply by keeping people we've known for a long time because it's problematic to add everyone who sends a friend request. Forcing us to add everyone isn't a way to go. We are actually human too and we want to do our own stuff in peace whenever we have a bit of free time, which would be simply impossible if we accepted every single friend request; same goes to when we deal with someone's issues and people teleport and start interrupting even when asked to leave. Moderators are players too, just like you are, with their own issues and an actual real life. Wanting some privacy and peace after a hard long day isn't a crime, especially when we already try to help everyone as much as we can.

I won't be saying this for all staff members, but just for myself. Personally, I have social anxiety, that's one of the main reasons I have my friend requests completely disabled. I like to help people in private without someone teleporting and distracting me while I do my thing. Besides that I build a lot in my free time and I simply can't stand being distracted whilst I try to finally finish some project I worked on for a long time. I prefer to just spend my free time with my close friends and actually relax instead of having stress build up by having tons of spam in chat about different issues. Moderation isn't as easy as you assume and we can't help when lots of people spam about something at once, as we are simply not some mighty robots to follow all these messages. But if you report it, it will actually be dealt with. You're even free to pm any active moderator on the forums if you have questions or issues. That's more than enough.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited October 2016
    I used to add everyone.
    My friends list grew to over 2000 people. Which meant doing anything was impossible. Even if i cloaked people would still TP. So mining was impossible. Even doing mod stuff was impossible. They even had to change how the friends lists worked due to it causing crashes trying to load my friend list.

So now i have friend requests turned off. This will mean if someone sends one it'll autodecline. I don't even know now if someone sends one.
    This means I can complete my Mod duties better. So something that may seem like a selfish action actually means I can do mod stuff better.

• Yep . If a random player send you a friend invite in a lobby, without talking or anything , You will decline. It's the same for mods, they are you ... wait, no ... Anyway, and you are the unknown.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    Hinter would've gotten a lot of friend requests since he was in a lobby for a couple of hours xD
  • Hinter would've gotten a lot of friend requests since he was in a lobby for a couple of hours xD

yeah death i found him too but i don't add them cuz i know they have full friends XD btw thanks for some info cortana and gdog :)
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Gdog basically stated the problem. At the start I also use to add everyone, but just the number of requests popups I would get were making things difficult, so I turned the feature off for my account. If you send me a friend request I don't even see a popup. It has nothing to do with wanting to be your friend or not. It's just a practical thing.