How big do you think a shop should be?

lazylupinelazylupine Member
edited October 2016 in Help Requests
I need help! If not obvious...

I have this room here,
wow

And I wanted to make it a shop. Though, I'm not sure if it should be 15 x 15 ( slightly bigger.) or, the current size.

I bought a 33 x 33 room and it was super big. What a waste ;o;
besides the point, any tips? suggestions?

All help appreciated! cheers

Edit: I forgot to mention; I am not selling much, only clothes and probably a few blocks.

Comments

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    It depends on how much you have to sell. I know over the months that my shop has had to get bigger just because there have been more items added to the game. My first shop was only the size of half of my starter (back when starters were 30x30, so about 15x30), but now my shop is in a 55x55 realm.
    I've seen plenty of 100x100 shops. It just depends on how decorative vs functional you want it to be.
  • It depends on how much you have to sell. I know over the months that my shop has had to get bigger just because there have been more items added to the game. My first shop was only the size of half of my starter (back when starters were 30x30, so about 15x30), but now my shop is in a 55x55 realm.
    I've seen plenty of 100x100 shops. It just depends on how decorative vs functional you want it to be.

Understood. I wanted to decor it to look nice and fancy but I didn't want it to have too much space that I wouldn't use.
  • My shop is a 55x55. It is unnecessary to have that much space, but I decorated it. I personally think a 33x33 is perfect for everything. I have even seen awesome shops made out of those 17x17 starters. You just gotta be creative, and not worry about the space >.<
  • ^^ Like Liberated mentioned, you shouldn't worry about the space too much. If you want to save up cubits, it would be a good idea to use a small room and make multiple stories. Qwasp-
  • Thanks! Plus I won't be selling much anyways.

• while starting the game a room of a size 20x20 is useful.But later when u learn the game u can buy more bigger realm.So firstly learn about collexting c and trading and than go for a more bigger shop.
  • while starting the game a room of a size 20x20 is useful.But later when u learn the game u can buy more bigger realm.So firstly learn about collexting c and trading and than go for a more bigger shop.

I already know that xD I've been playing for 2 years. I understand you thinking I wouldn't have known cause of my level. I just switch accounts a lot.
  • I use 1 realm in layers.. since the hight limit is very high.. I just used a few doorways and a little box 15x15 in the corner containing the doorways.. I only have my realm.. My starter realm.. I use rooms sometimes.. Only for decoration or PDC
  • I think this size is good for a normal shop even if it's to small u still can make another floor a bit higher