Suggestion: New Mine - Taiga and new mine items

VelvetlotusVelvetlotus Member
I would love a taiga biome to build in with yellowed "grass" (like normal grass but more autumnal) Maple trees which have red, orange and yellow tops (just change the colours of standard trees) and instead of flowers a small handful of autumn coloured leaves that are similar to the flowers that you mine, in the standard leaf shape and maple (even better if they crunch when you walk over them!) Not like the autumn leaf piles/tree leaves which already exist!

I'd also like some ice stalactites like the rock ones, but ice - maybe appear in caves in arctic areas? Also - why can't we build a snowman (a decoration, NOT the pet!) with snow, coal and maybe a crafted dyed scarf and hat; NOT like the ones already available, just like plain crafted clothes - available in colours, but plain.

I'd also like an erupting volcano (just change a geyser's water to lava), sea shells in a tropical realm and pine cone piles in an arctic realm. These would look awesome when decorating a realm - and the eruption would add a new threat to parkour course builders.

Apologies if this is suggested before or already exists; I did search first and found nothing. I'm new to this game and don't know that much ;)

Comments

• Taiga grass would be nice instead of used for making string, for straw blocks for making thatched roof buildings.

Fallen leaf could be crushed to make brown dye - finally a suit colour to match my bear ears!

Also unique bushes with purberries (purple) and orberries (orange)

Lately I've also noticed you can't get snow "stairs" which would look awesome as roof tops in snowy builds...
  • Really, nobody liked this idea at all? Awww....
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    actually i think some of these ideas are great, i would personally love to see a new variety of buildables and mines
  • xShirouxxShiroux Member
    edited February 2017
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Would love seeing new mines since new mines mean new blocks and resources and we did not have a big update related to this, at least not from what i remember
  • Nice stuff I really like the volcano part
  • I like this one +1 underated
  • edited January 2017

Really, nobody liked this idea at all? Awww....

You just necropsied + you multiposted.

But these ideas are good tho 10+
  • So, when are we getting a new mine? ;)
  • lucaaa795 said:

Probably sometime between 2019 and 2021

XDD OMG

but its bad to know, it is true
  • DrakayDrakay Member
    I like them :D +1 this would be a great aides and a very big update
  • edited May 2018
    First of all, let me correct some mistakes. Taiga is an enviroment that is placed mostly in Russia and north US and Canada. These are forests of tall pine trees. Its mostly snowy there and there arent really many mountains or something like that. These are mostly meadows with hills. As pines are winter trees, they cant turn yellow, neither can maple grow in them. As an other option, you could maybe say pine cones or even some spikey pine bushes... I really like all the other ideas(especially ice stalagmites in arctic mines), but I suggest you to edit your suggestion and maybe correct the mistakes. Besides that, +1

For more info about what are taigas, go here:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga
  • VelvetlotusVelvetlotus Member
    edited June 2018

First of all, let me correct some mistakes. Taiga is an enviroment that is placed mostly in Russia and north US and Canada. These are forests of tall pine trees. Its mostly snowy there and there arent really many mountains or something like that. These are mostly meadows with hills. As pines are winter trees, they cant turn yellow, neither can maple grow in them. As an other option, you could maybe say pine cones or even some spikey pine bushes... I really like all the other ideas(especially ice stalagmites in arctic mines), but I suggest you to edit your suggestion and maybe correct the mistakes. Besides that, +1

Thank you - what would you suggest I call it?
    (I'm not the only one to have made this mistake, several sandbox games have placed autumnal style trees and grass instead of coniferous)

And maybe the leaves could be made in to brown dye as suggested by SirGalaxon
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/21115/brown-dye-must-arise#latest

• First of all, let me correct some mistakes. Taiga is an enviroment that is placed mostly in Russia and north US and Canada. These are forests of tall pine trees. Its mostly snowy there and there arent really many mountains or something like that. These are mostly meadows with hills. As pines are winter trees, they cant turn yellow, neither can maple grow in them. As an other option, you could maybe say pine cones or even some spikey pine bushes... I really like all the other ideas(especially ice stalagmites in arctic mines), but I suggest you to edit your suggestion and maybe correct the mistakes. Besides that, +1

I agree. In Canada, the taiga doesn't have maples, but it doesn't have to be snowy pine either. I would know.... I kinda live there... 0.0