I caught a scammer red handed on record.

Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
edited February 2016 in General Chat
The player alex12339 did a hollawarp saying he was doing a paid giveaway for only 1,000 cubits. Here in this video you can see me giving him the 1,000 cubits and then he banned me instead of doing a giveaway. Do not trust the player alex12339!

This took place in Jonnytorres' realm, he was also there and the room this scam was hosted in, is his, so watch out for Jonnytorres

Don't go to paid giveaways :P

They are doing it again, Jonnytorres is doing the hollawarp this time.

jonnytorres

Jonnytorres realm owners 1

Comments

• BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    athena helping people from 1796
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member

athena helping people from 1796

Lol I love to help >_<

On a more serious note though, these two players are scamming and I just want people to be aware. Really sad that someone can really be okay with taking someone's cubits.
  • IridescentIridescent In your toilet.Member
    Typical Athena xD
  • I would like all to take note of, these two scammers are very defiant. If they continue to scam, I will and must set up greater and darker plans. Not that I am intended to. But some people do not sit at home and buy cubits. I paid 500C Not knowing this is a scam, all my cu its. And he did not open. Athena Shy paid 1K and Graypaws11 tried paying 1K. I know Cosmic Cow is not responsible for the loss of Cubits. I just feel that it is highly unacceptable to be scamming. It is not nice, it also gives a bad reputation. If this game, had all nice people and no scammers. We could all be friends, no foes. And friends. No arguments and quarrels. If the people today we're still nice, (There are a LOT) we would have no problems. It would be prudent for the scamming to stop. I've played this gaming for roughly, two years. I have worked hard for every cubit I earned. It's not nice to scam, if I want an item I have to do 3-4 Weeks of mining, selling. I work hard for my stuff. I just think these players need to be banned for A week or so they can learn to not scam. Hopefully they will stop if they are banned. These people are scamming too much nowadays.
    -Geo- said:

I would like all to take note of, these two scammers are very defiant. If they continue to scam, I will and must set up greater and darker plans. Not that I am intended to. But some people do not sit at home and buy cubits. I paid 500C Not knowing this is a scam, all my cu its. And he did not open. Athena Shy paid 1K and Graypaws11 tried paying 1K. I know Cosmic Cow is not responsible for the loss of Cubits. I just feel that it is highly unacceptable to be scamming. It is not nice, it also gives a bad reputation. If this game, had all nice people and no scammers. We could all be friends, no foes. And friends. No arguments and quarrels. If the people today we're still nice, (There are a LOT) we would have no problems. It would be prudent for the scamming to stop. I've played this gaming for roughly, two years. I have worked hard for every cubit I earned. It's not nice to scam, if I want an item I have to do 3-4 Weeks of mining, selling. I work hard for my stuff. I just think these players need to be banned for A week or so they can learn to not scam. Hopefully they will stop if they are banned. These people are scamming too much nowadays.

I honestly believe if they are not stopped, they will continue to do this.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    payaways are 100% of the time scams. Just don't give people cubits and you won't get scammed.
  • pysinopysino WA Australia Member
    I'm pretty sure Athena gave the c on purpose
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Welp hope other players learn from this
  • edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Two purpose for the eradication of scammers. But they hardly stop scamming..
    edited February 2016
    >pyswar< said:

I'm pretty sure Athena gave the c on purpose

I did.

If it cost 1,000c to catch a scammer, that is a small price to pay.
  • All payaway organizers should be penalized with mute for several days. If they continue to do so they should be punished more accordingly.
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    I can NOT believe these players just get warnings for this. If all we get is a warning, how can you expect that all who see this bad behavior to stop? It is so stupid that we can't depend on cubic castles to stop the players who blatantly steal from us honest players.

It IS a matter of time that all the good players will say " I have had enough" and just go to a more suitable platform game where the developers actually support good efforts to root out bad behavior.

Warnings give bad behavior a slap on the wrist which is also a slap in the face of a good player who wouldn't think twice of NOT breaking the rules.
    lucaaa795 said:

Im sorry for wastingg 1k for that.(the reason u did it is ok, but u wasted 1k .. thats a lot for me ;-; )
    I can help you by donating 500c if you want :3
    *watches at second screenshot*
    *noticed 78k cubits*
    ummmm i think i can keep my cubits in my pockets for now

Lol I don't need cubits, and 1,000 cubits was worth it. I knew they were going to take my cubits and ban me because I saw it happen to about 4 players. I wanted to catch them in the act so there was irrefutable evidence that these players are scammers.

See scammers are like Pokemon, gotta catch em' all.

keep
  • lunariscilunarisci 'MuricaMember
    I feel like it's more effective to spread awareness and show that basically ALL the payaways you see these days are cons

If you focus your effort trying to flush out each individual person who hosts a fake payaway, chances are even more of them will appear

People really do appreciate the time you sacrifice doing what you do; your intentions are genuine and I respect that

At the same time there's a reason why Mods can't regulate/police "scamming;" sometimes it's pointless and the "scammer" isn't always entirely at fault. People have to learn how to be cautious and be careful of the consequences that stare at them right in their faces; look before you leap. Unnecessary "drama" and conflict arises and it can be completely avoided if people are more aware of their situation

Thank you for spending your time reading this if you did :3 I'm open to any opposition
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yeah but you could already see it was a scam. Why would anyone give a krampus, clanstone or dragon pet for only 1k?
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Thanks for the report, but do keep in mind in the future, that there is a topic for such discussions/posts.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/18/scam-reports#latest
    Topic locked.

Don't worry, moderators have eyes on these players.
This discussion has been closed.