holla confirmation

Ok, so please excuse me as I'm writing this on a phone.

BUT.

I constantly accidentally use hollas, and it is VERY annoying if you have fone so yourself. So, it'd be neat to see a little conformation screen like you see when trading, that says 'are you sure you want to holla?' That's just my thoughts tho :P

Comments

• One time I was showing a person how to use a holla, and i accidentally typed "holla" in the front. D:
    #WastedHolla
  • edited August 2016
    In total of how many hollas I wasted because of this ..... hmmm

23 ? 34 ? idk u_u
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    As mentioned in the past,
    It would be more optimal if the method was changed.
    Such as: "/holla"
  • BJDware said:

As mentioned in the past,
    It would be more optimal if the method was changed.
    Such as: "/holla"

Yeah, agreed :P
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited September 2016
    If any chat command adopted the forward slash "/", there will be little mistakes. As soon as you press the key, you know you are about to use a chat function.
    We already have "/time" and a few others, so i vote for a universal adoption.
    /holla
    /hollawarp
    /whisper

A Confirmation window would do the trick honestly, but i see the use of the forward slash, as an easy and effective implement for the developers, and also, holla's etc, will remain as a quick use function if done so.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    BJDware said:

If any chat command adopted the forward slash "/", there will be little mistakes. As soon as you press the key, you know you are about to use a chat function.
    /holla
    /hollawarp
    /whisper

A Confirmation window would do the trick honestly, but i see the use of the forward slash, as an easy and effective implement for the developers, and also, holla's etc, will remain as a quick use function if done so.

Probably best option for the commands
    We have /time why not the others too :P

• BJDware said:

/holla
    /hollawarp
    /whisper

I didn't think of this before, if I'm honest this is a much easier solution. I've literally stopped purchasing hollas because I know I will misuse them xD
  • Bravo, @eagence! This is exactly what the game needs.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    eagence said:

I liked the idea of more chat commands like "/time" "/perks" its also good for people who use keyboard a lot so why not more of them?

"/holla" "/hollawarp" :
    Open a window/box where you can write a text and see it later on in an approval window/box before really sending it. Also specifies the ones who you will send like, clan members (if you cant do it from clan stone), only friends, only mods/admins, or all cc etc. Hollawarp should also change visitors option to "anyone" unless you hollawarp only friends then hange visitors option to "just friends". hollawarping a locked room makes no sense... It should also remove old hollawarp system with new one.

That's all i care to see added.
    eagence said:

"/hollamail" :
    Send a chat text to someone with a readable extesion window, almost same a letters but seen on chatbox instantly, it shows a texts like:

"*** send you a hollamail about **** click here to read it"
    " You send **** a hollamail about **** click here to read it"
    " Player who you send a hollamail, currently not online"
    or
    "there is no such player"

What you describe here is not a mail, but it is private chat.
    eagence said:

"/leave" "/quit"
    let you go out of a room or realm easily/ let you log out easily, because for iphone users it maybe too hard to press right icon at corner, also why not its also better for old growtopia players who decided to play cubic castle...

there are already 3 different ways to leave a room/realm(menu, door in upper corner, trough a portal/door)
    And we also already have 2 ways to close the game(the menu, the "x" button)
    eagence said:

"/setup" "/ban" "/trust" "/unban
    opens realm setup/ let you ban, unban, trust someone/ lock, unlock realm room

I don't see any need to make it faster to access setup, unban someone, add/remove trust.
    I do agree that we have to have a faster way to hit the ban button as i experienced it myself that those you want to ban tend to leave before you can do so.
    eagence said:

"/place" "/owner"
    "/place" and "/owner" shows you the name of realm or owner of that room or realm

We now have an info bumper, hopefully in time people will be more inclined to bump it before asking the question.
    eagence said:

"/tp" "/teleport" "/lobby" "/mine" "/friend" "/realm"
    "/tp" teleports to yourself, just because going back to tp anchor is too hard by pressing esc... "/teleport" lets you select anyone in your friendlist, "/lobby" send you to a random lobby, "/mine" ask you the type of mine (except cave mines) and send you to there, "/friend" teleport you to a random friend and "/realm" sends you to a random accesible realm for you to visit...

On the /tp command: simply add your own name to your own friendlist, then select yourself and tp to yourself will bring you to the closest anchor point(or door). So.... no need for a specifically designed command.
    All the rest sounds like a lazy solution for not going to the overworld(do you really think the overworld is that bad that you try to avoid it?)

• bump
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    eagence said:

Honestly for my case, I don't even care less and its not my case... I can tp to myself, use normal leave button or quit button or just info bumper and if "/hollamail" name is not suitable you may use "/hollaPM" if its private chat... I was thinkinh it as if more like a mail where you can open and read a long text because I don't think many may pay for just one sentence that they will send to one person.

About laziness or lazy solutions, first yes they are and I am a bit lazy person, second I don't care if they are added or not but think most of the people need those or just wanted once especially the once who don't know to add themselfs and tp... And third its not for me but if you ever played growtopia they highly use chat commands like those and it highly good for those players and not harm anyone just because they exist....

And also about going back to overworld, if you don't know how to go back to the realm room that you enter by a hollawarp for a maze race (as example) and want to go back to anchor point, you may need to tp back to yourself unless you want to add someone you don't know or if you are just alone in that stage of maze... In such cases finding my name in online players in friendlist is a total time killer especially if you have around 200 friend...

Useful commands. But wouldn't a optimized friend list be more convenient?