Private Messaging?

It would be nice if there was a way to message others without having to teleport to them just to talk. If there is a way of doing this please tell me how.

Just a thought though. c:

Comments

• BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    many third party programs out there for any device. I Personally use Steam or Skype ;)
  • atomicatomic Member
    edited July 2016
    BJDware said:

many third party programs out there for any device. I Personally use Steam or Skype ;)

I know there are other programs you can use to message but that is kinda tedious if the other player doesn't have that said program. It would be nice if there was an in-game messaging system, don't ya think? c:
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Personally, i am against an "Instant private message system". Without it, we are encouraged to socialize and explore. You can potentially meet many great people or see great things if you simply teleport to a friend to talk.

Sure, it would be increasingly handy to have. But the Cons outweigh the Pro's for me.
  • atomicatomic Member
    BJDware said:

Personally, i am against an "Instant private message system". Without it, we are encouraged to socialize and explore. You can potentially meet many great people or see great things if you simply teleport to a friend to talk.

Sure, it would be increasingly handy to have. But the Cons outweigh the Pro's for me.

I understand what you're saying. Maybe if they added private messaging they could add a "teleport" option at the end of the persons message so you still have that encouragement to socialize and explore. That's just my thoughts.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    How about a middle road?

If a person you want to contact is offline, the private message(pm) option is available(it will say "send private message")...
    ...but...
    If the person that you wish to contact is online the PM option will be replaced with a teleport option.

To ensure that the mailboxes don't become obsolete the "send private message" line will be replaced with "teleport to mailbox". This will only happen if a person has a mailbox.

just a possible alternative. ;)