Guides for getting more dehydrated cubes faster

Rien-samaRien-sama Member
edited July 2016 in General Chat
Minning trunks or farming trunks is the best way to get cubes i just got 3 cubes from minning 400 trunks 1 purple 1 red 1 green
And i got 1 red from farming rubber trees

Comments

• BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Topic cleaned upon request.
    Lets remain on the subject at hand please, and refrain from derailing any further.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Well, I just mined 500 trunks got 0 cubes, I think you got extremely lucky or I got extremely unlucky.
  • iKONICiKONIC Member

Well, I just mined 500 trunks got 0 cubes, I think you got extremely lucky or I got extremely unlucky.

I just mined 1300 trunks and got 3 cubes o.o, definitely faster than mining regular blocks.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

I just mined 1300 trunks and got 3 cubes o.o, definitely faster than mining regular blocks.
    Yes, I agree now. I just mined 1,OOO Trunks with Prof' Killer and got 1x Purple 1x Red Cube. Gonna add this to my Thread about Cubes, I'd love to know about some more faster mining methods. :)
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    well then another reason for me to mine trunks :D I love wood and I definitely want cubes
  • Well, I just mined 500 trunks got 0 cubes, I think you got extremely lucky or I got extremely unlucky.

Same!
  • I needed 235 trunks for benches, I got a purple cube. Pretty useful, reminds me of this old mining trick where you keep on mining trunks, it used to give a lot more cubits.
  • RYBIERYBIE Member

xd peng;P
  • I believe its a hit or miss.... Personal Opinion.
  • Thanks for the idea!! I mined about 200 and got a green cube. :)
  • a_l_e_x_0_6a_l_e_x_0_6 Member
    edited July 2016
    i think we have a multiplier of chance of getting cubes in rarest ressource, when we mine sand or dirt we have low chance, but with wood, or iron/stone/silver/gold... we have more chance. (i think)
  • CD87CD87 Member

i think we have a multiplier of chance of getting cubes in rarest ressource, when we mine sand or dirt we have low chance, but with wood, or iron/stone/silver/gold... we have more chance. (i think)

Make it clear a bit:
    Based on what I heard from everyone, I can estimate that the chance of getting cubes:

Red: 0.1%
    Purple: 0.05%
    Blue: 0.03%
    Green: 0.02%

This is NOT the exact chance of getting the cubes, as the only one(s) who know it is the people who coded it.

So, for example, if you mine a 3-block tall tree, the chance of getting a red cube is: 0.3% (3 times higher)
  • i mined 400 oil , got 1 red cube , 1 purple cube and 1 blue cube.
  • iKONICiKONIC Member

i mined 400 oil , got 1 red cube , 1 purple cube and 1 blue cube.

Lucky, maybe mining liquids and trees would increase chances of getting dehydrated cubes?
  • $uper Tiger$uper Tiger Member
    edited July 2016

i mined 400 oil , got 1 red cube , 1 purple cube and 1 blue cube.

Lucky, maybe mining liquids and trees would increase chances of getting dehydrated cubes?
    or maybe the blocks which are mined very less by Qbess?
  • a_l_e_x_0_6a_l_e_x_0_6 Member
    edited July 2016
    CD87 said:

Make it clear a bit:
    Based on what I heard from everyone, I can estimate that the chance of getting cubes:

Red: 0.1%
    Blue: 0.03%
    Green: 0.02%

This is NOT the exact chance of getting the cubes, as the only one(s) who know it is the people who coded it.

So, for example, if you mine a 3-block tall tree, the chance of getting a red cube is: 0.3% (3 times higher)
    i think red, purple and blue have same drop chance.

i would estimate drop chance like this, but it looks a bit wrong:

with sand or dirt -- i didn't added player who say they get nothing when mining 5k+ blocks because they are probably exaggerating, if i add them total chance would be something like 1 Dehydrated Cube each 2500Blocks or more:
    Red: 0.05%
    Blue: 0.05%
    Green: 0.017%

Total: 0.167% ~ 1Dehydrated Cubes each 600Blocks

with tree trunk or oil - only people from this discussion and that i've seen in game.
    Red: 0.0885%
    Purple: 0.0885%
    Blue: 0.0885%
    Green: 0.0205%
    Total: 0.286% ~ 1Dehydrated Cube every 350Blocks
    = 1.7 more chance. but there isn't enough people for confirm this and with the test i've made myself, i don't think that ressource rarity is important anymore look my spoiler about my own experience for know more.

with my own experience:

i will only do the total drop chance.
    (notice that i've never tried with dirt or sand)

- i got 1Dehydrated Cube ± every 800 cotton/Frostberries/Yumberries collected

= 0.1% of getting 1Dehydrated cube. = 1Cube every 800 Clicks / 800Blocks

with tree trunk i got 1 Red Dehydrated Cube after 371 Pine Trunk + 464 Pine Bough = 835Blocks BUT 1Tree is 2Trunk + 2Leaves (there is also trees of 1-3Trunks, 1-3Leaves, but we will consider them like 2-2 Trees) so 835/4 = 209Clicks.

So chance of getting 1Dehydrated is x4 because we break 4Blocks per click instead of 1Block per click.

-------

I have also tried with scaffolding blocks, so i've placed down 2k blocks (was long and boring) but it dropped nothing because scaffolding blocks can't drop cubits. (i haven't tried with the Blue Scaffolding, but it don't worth it because too long to place)