Hackers are finnaly on cc?!

Im asking cuz i saw like 5 ppl saying about hackers in the forum posts and in game
Someone answer me plz .-.

Comments

• #Elfie#Elfie Member
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    no they are not.
    just cos someone says they are doesn't mean its true.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I'm going to go on a rant here.

I am so sick of people saying that it is not possible to hack people on Cubic Castles.
    YES! It is possible.

While they are not hacking the game servers directly, it is still MOST DEFINITELY possible to hack a player. You have to be targeted specifically, but it is possible. Players can be hacked through third party software, the emails they use for their accounts, and even from downloading new updates.

It may not be possible to hack the ENTIRE game, but people make friends, and people make enemies. If a hacker decides you are an enemy, then you may become a target. That's just what happens. Don't let this deter you from playing Cubic Castles, especially if you enjoy it, just be aware that it can happen.

So yeah, I guess that's it for my rant. Thanks to those of you who bothered to read it :)
    edited July 2016
    People who lose their accounts make bad decisions.
    If hackers could hack anyone then they'd go straight for the rich people with all the items eg. dread, super, chickenlips etc.

So its people who give out their info, don't play safely or use dodgy websites.

How does downloading an update put you at risk?

more info and tips on this matter can be found here
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1522/beware-of-hacking-training-software#latest
    and here's some more

and more password tips

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    gdog said:

People who lose their accounts make bad decisions.
    If hackers could hack anyone then they'd go straight for the rich people with all the items eg. dread, super, chickenlips etc.

So its people who give out their info, don't play safely or use dodgy websites.

The only kind of hacking I've seen in Cubic Castles is more about cyber-bullying than actual stealing. A person was hacking my friends and I just for the sake of making us anxious.

Also, never used a third party site to get free cubits or anything, so there are definitely other ways to become a victim.
    gdog said:

How does downloading an update put you at risk?

I'm not sure at all how. All I know is I got a virus from downloading an update, from the main website, not a strange, dangerous website. The virus let this hacker have access to my email account, and therefore my CC account.
  • I saw real hacking. I followed this guy, MGN Jerry or something, and he showed me how fast he mined. I watched him and he mined super fast, crafted super fast, and built super fast, crashing all the while. I asked him about it, and he claimed he was using a cheat engine. He offered to tell me how to do it if I gave him something, but of course I turned him down.

PS Is this the hacking you're talking about?
    ROOTbeerr said:

I saw real hacking. I followed this guy, MGN Jerry or something, and he showed me how fast he mined. I watched him and he mined super fast, crafted super fast, and built super fast, crashing all the while. I asked him about it, and he claimed he was using a cheat engine. He offered to tell me how to do it if I gave him something, but of course I turned him down.

PS Is this the hacking you're talking about?

People using that is known about.
    That's why he gets kicked all the time.
    The game detects thats hes doing actions too quickly so it boots him.

• -AK--AK- Member
    So it is legal to use cheat engine?
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    -AK- said:

no it isn't...
    don't even consider it... you only get trouble for it.
    -AK- said:

Its against terms of use. So don't use it on this game.
  • Anything that is a resource outside of the game that gives you an unfair advantage is against the rules. While in many games like Clicker Heros for example it is ok to use something like an Auto Clicker it is not ok to use such programs in CC ^_^!
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member

I'm going to go on a rant here.

I am so sick of people saying that it is not possible to hack people on Cubic Castles.
    YES! It is possible.

While they are not hacking the game servers directly, it is still MOST DEFINITELY possible to hack a player. You have to be targeted specifically, but it is possible. Players can be hacked through third party software, the emails they use for their accounts, and even from downloading new updates.

It may not be possible to hack the ENTIRE game, but people make friends, and people make enemies. If a hacker decides you are an enemy, then you may become a target. That's just what happens. Don't let this deter you from playing Cubic Castles, especially if you enjoy it, just be aware that it can happen.

So yeah, I guess that's it for my rant. Thanks to those of you who bothered to read it :)

Yes CC is hackable but you really wanna be telling kids their account can be hacked? I know it'll just cause more people faking saying their account was hacked.
  • Some of it really depends on what you define as hacking. For example, you can speed up the game with cheat engine. This will get you disconnected within about 15 seconds, but it will work for those 15 seconds. However, we also log a lot of data about a client and can quite quickly/easily check to see if you used it- even if the speedup was just 2%.

Another common one we see, and this one I find so irritating, is phishing scams for passwords. The "hacker" will promise free cubits to your account if you enter your username and password into a web page. They then use that to steal your account.

Now as long as your password isn't terrible, brute-forcing password attacks don't work well, because we lock a computer out for an hour after 5 failed attempts.

The less common ones we see are "memory hacks", where a player finds something in the client stored in memory and pokes new data into that memory. I spend most of my anti-hack time dealing with these kinds of things.

Given the MMO nature of the game, it's impractical for the server to do 100% of the work- some has to be passed down to clients, so there's always a chance of vulnerabilities there, just like every other MMO.

So, yes, CC is "hackable", just like every other game on the Internet, but we try to deal with it and keep up the best we can. I hope that clears things up a bit :)
  • Ok, thx guys for all the answers, each of them had important tips like gdog and the final answer of cosmic cow
    You can close it now
This discussion has been closed.