End to cookie scams!

edited July 2016 in Suggestions & Comments
Well I thought of something. I just recently saw a cookie payaway in scam reports and decides to make this thread. So if you were to tap the cookie, it would tell you the world it goes to and IF it goes to a world. If the cookie is real, when it is tapped on in your inventory or the trade interface, the block the cookie sends you to glows, Let me add this as well. If A block is destroyed, the cookies made by the block get destroyed as well. (R.I.P poll)

Comments

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Just don't play payaways.
    Some like to create cookie and the other items for display.
    The glowing block suggestion seems too complex imo.
  • TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    I agree with Gdog. The problem is not the innocent cookies so don't punish the cookies. They were created to eat and if they take you to somewhere other than where the host says they go to get your prize, well this can be explained as a mistake.

I see that Moderators are now muting hosts of pawaways, this is a great start. To eliminate them all together is the answer imo. There are options to sell your items which are safe. There are also ways to give items away free which are safe. The scammers exploit and twist both of these in a way naive minds see them as safe. If you have to pay for a prize, imo it is not a prize at all but a ruse to get your cubits falsely in some instances.

The fact that the "Prize" shown in glass attached to as prize dispenser that seems too hard to believe, is just that. Who offers Fallen Angel wings amongst the many other prizes for a payment of just 100c?

Anyways my drift off topic is mute imo. The paying for something you "Might" get should not be allowed as this seems to be a form of gambling. IDK, is gambling allowed now, or is it still against guidelines? When I want to giveaway, I do just that. When I want to sell something, I do just that. This is why Athena & I don't host our great block game. We made so many people happy, and it made us happy to do so.

BTW I have 12 cabinets of warp foods for use in decoration.

People twist, distort, and ruin anything they can to make a buck. It is too bad that with every new idea the developers implement, they have to add measures that counteract multiple ways it can be misused. #savethecookies

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited July 2016
    TheTimMan said:

I agree with Gdog. The problem is not the innocent cookies so don't punish the cookies. They were created to eat and if they take you to somewhere other than where the host says they go to get your prize, well this can be explained as a mistake.

I see that Moderators are now muting hosts of pawaways, this is a great start. To eliminate them all together is the answer imo. There are options to sell your items which are safe. There are also ways to give items away free which are safe. The scammers exploit and twist both of these in a way naive minds see them as safe. If you have to pay for a prize, imo it is not a prize at all but a ruse to get your cubits falsely in some instances.

The fact that the "Prize" shown in glass attached to as prize dispenser that seems too hard to believe, is just that. Who offers Fallen Angel wings amongst the many other prizes for a payment of just 100c?

Anyways my drift off topic is mute imo. The paying for something you "Might" get should not be allowed as this seems to be a form of gambling. IDK, is gambling allowed now, or is it still against guidelines? When I want to giveaway, I do just that. When I want to sell something, I do just that. This is why Athena & I don't host our great block game. We made so many people happy, and it made us happy to do so.

BTW I have 12 cabinets of warp foods for use in decoration.

People twist, distort, and ruin anything they can to make a buck. It is too bad that with every new idea the developers implement, they have to add measures that counteract multiple ways it can be misused. #savethecookies

I agree with payaways. I loath them.
    I been cracking down on a few recently.
    Pay and Giveaway are not words that make sense to be combined.
    As I've said in the past either do a giveaway or open a shop.
  • bump! well cookies will have a warning on it saying that it's warp block was gone in the register. A good compromise for the design cookies.
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember

bump! well cookies will have a warning on it saying that it's warp block was gone in the register. A good compromise for the design cookies.

But, i use these kind of cookies to roleplay! D: