Who did accidentally get patron and wanted to remove it?

Not me, I love my patron :D

Comments

• HellesHelles Member
    I like my name with no frames LOL
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Hm. Yea sometimes I would like to be able to turn the patron insignia off.
    It's a beggar-magnet.
    Anyone who is selling any kind of rare will find me, and ask me to buy their things, as if I still had all of the cubits I bought to get the patron "status".
    Sometimes, I would like to be able to hide from the begging x.x
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited June 2016
    I'm happy to show my support. I can see plausible reasons why everyone should have the ability of turning it off & on.
    Agreed.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    edited June 2016
    ^ If players had that, the meaning of the patron tag would be lost. It's there to show that you're supporting the game and it's developers. Comparing it to moderator commands is pretty silly. We all have patrons naturally, none of us earned it by typing some magical command nor do we hide it because it looks bad, just personal preferences. Some mods prefer to have completely clean tags.
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Either way, I don't agree. In my opinion, it's illogical to support the game if you're going to hide that you do so and/or feel ashamed to show it on your name. Patron isn't even related to perks in any way. I've seen other games that have different kinds of tags you get for supporting the devs, temporary and permanent ones; never seen anyone complain about having them, so I don't understand why you'd pay for something you'll be ashamed of afterwards. If that's because, as was stated above as well, beggars, then you can just simply ignore them, they're common in every MMO.

And I already said why some do that, it's in fact a part of our cloak feature. Easily explainable.
  • edited June 2016
    For those who do not know what CD is speaking of if cubits have been deposited in your account like for example the clan race or the recent realm vote that exceed a certain amount then you will get patron even if you have not done tap joy or purchased cubits. I personally was against the brackets as I do not like name clutter including the clan tag but I was like dang who is that handsome guy in the mirror his name is on fleek when I saw them paired with my name. Now if anyone takes away my patron brackets away I will cry >:( big golden tears of sadness. Digressing yes, going back to the point I would like the option in the future to be able to turn off both patron and clan tags. It can get a bit overwhelming at times and makes building difficult. Some of you will then counter argue use a hidey bumper but if you are an individual like me who is exiting and entering his build four thousand times a hidey bumper becomes an inconvenient nuisance.
  • @Cortana @CD87 @BJDware Remove it would not be the best option, I would say put option of having it or not , so a player is free to have it or not .
  • Athena ShyAthena Shy In TheTimMan's arms! Member
    edited June 2016
    I think we should have the option to turn it Off/On.
    I support this game and love to show it but sometimes it becomes a hassle.

-It gets in the way. I can't use a hidey bumper in mines where I need to be able to see when mining.

-Beggars. I spend 80% of my time on Cubic Castles helping players and more than half the time, players beg me for cubit store items, and when I tell them I don't have the cubits, they argue with me that I am a "Rich" player because I am a patron.

-I am judged. As I mentioned before. I am called "Rich" all the time. Players judge me because I have patron.

Also I had an account I became one on accident. I was allotted cubits from the support on an account I was not patron and it made me one.

• TheTimManTheTimMan In Athena Shy's armsMember
    I got patron on one account when CC reimbursed me for a loss due to game glitch error.
    I spend 80% of my time mining and I can't hide my huge pile of letters above my tiny little Qbee like I can when I am farming.
    Ignoring the beggars only infuriates them to the point of them stealing your mined items, or threaten to report you and we all know there is not a thing anyone can do about that.
    Being level 50 and a patron for over a year I have put up with more than I should have to. I think it is about time we moved past the discussion and just allow us to turn it off.

I do support the game and I have 6 of my 8 accounts Patron and all that are is at least $100 spent on each to be this way.

This is not like every other MMO. These are children that are not used to hearing "NO". This is why when you don't say "what" when the repeat your name, they get louder and keep yelling your name till you stop what you are doing and say WHAT?
  • BlisBlis Woodlands, SingaporeMember
    I agree with Athena Shy. I got called noob when I didn't want to give people stuffs they ask for.
  • PerfctPerfct Member
    I got partron from winning C in the clan race, I'd really like to remove it.
    edited June 2016
    I see no harm in having the option to turn it on/off. I don't understand why some are so against it. It is not going to effect you if I turn my patron status off. I'd enjoy the game a little more if I could.
    Cortana said:

Either way, I don't agree. In my opinion, it's illogical to support the game if you're going to hide that you do so and/or feel ashamed to show it on your name. Patron isn't even related to perks in any way. I've seen other games that have different kinds of tags you get for supporting the devs, temporary and permanent ones; never seen anyone complain about having them, so I don't understand why you'd pay for something you'll be ashamed of afterwards. If that's because, as was stated above as well, beggars, then you can just simply ignore them, they're common in every MMO.

And I already said why some do that, it's in fact a part of our cloak feature. Easily explainable.

Cortana said:

^ If players had that, the meaning of the patron tag would be lost. It's there to show that you're supporting the game and it's developers. Comparing it to moderator commands is pretty silly. We all have patrons naturally, none of us earned it by typing some magical command nor do we hide it because it looks bad, just personal preferences. Some mods prefer to have completely clean tags.

I am a little offend you say it's illogical and assume that we are ashamed of the patron status.

Some people just prefer a clean tag, as you said yourself, "Some mods prefer to have completely clean tags.". Unfortunately us regular players don't have that luxury.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Cortana said:

It's not that we feel ashamed for supporting the game. In fact, I'm glad to be able to support it.
    Also, many people don't pay just to have the tag. I was buying cubits before the patron insignia was even available. We are not paying for the patron tag. We are paying for the cubits, and in game benefits of having those cubits.

The problem is that sometimes there are those who feel paying for cubits is 'cheating'. There is a lot of backlash for that alone. If we could somehow find a way to convince people that the patron insignia is a good thing, rather than something to berated on as a cheater, then it would be good to leave the tag as it is.
    The patron insignia is a double-edged sword, and some people would rather not wield it all the time.
  • edited June 2016
    This should not be a debate as one is entitled to their privacy and being to able adhere to means of having that privacy kept should be possible. Privacy is an issue constantly being forced onto us an example being the share a photo of yourself thread. It has also been pushed not to share personal details about yourself to a large degree. I find it then ironic that is there is such an emphasis on security and privacy that we are not able to turn it off/on. If a person purchases cubits it should be there business if they choose to display that.

Furthermore it has become evident the patron tag is not representative of anything as those who have not earned it have gained it by other means. It does not show loyalty to the game, what shows loyalty to the game is the amount of time each of us have invested in the game, the fact we keep coming back.

Being developers of this game a central goal should be making the user experience better especially when it comes to the ease of adding a feature to make patron/clan tags optional. As many have stated it can make it difficult having all that clutter. Not only that patron can draw unwanted attention like beggars.

I think nothing more can be said on this topic that has not already been said, so please consider the whole and our desire to have the option of whether to display the patron tag or not (clan would be a bonus).
    edited June 2016
    Couldn't have put it better Grey. I totally agree :)

Cortana said:

It's not that we feel ashamed for supporting the game. In fact, I'm glad to be able to support it.
    Also, many people don't pay just to have the tag. I was buying cubits before the patron insignia was even available. We are not paying for the patron tag. We are paying for the cubits, and in game benefits of having those cubits.

The problem is that sometimes there are those who feel paying for cubits is 'cheating'. There is a lot of backlash for that alone. If we could somehow find a way to convince people that the patron insignia is a good thing, rather than something to berated on as a cheater, then it would be good to leave the tag as it is.
    The patron insignia is a double-edged sword, and some people would rather not wield it all the time.
    "The problem is that sometimes there are those who feel paying for cubits is 'cheating'. There is a lot of backlash for that alone. "

This is very true. I will not use their name, but I have a friend that had to make another account because he became a patron without buying cubits. He told me, "he is from a poor country. That his fellow classmates would look down upon him for having patron since it means purchasing cubits, because in their economy the amount you have to spend to get patron, would put food on his family's table for a whole week". He thought it would make him look greedy and his peers would view him as a cheater.

We should have the privacy right to be able to hide if we purchase cubits.

Cortana said:

I see in chat a few times a day, players being harassed for buying cubits as if they are cheaters.
    We should be able to use all of the features of the game like to turn off patron, to change our font if we have earned all of them, and to hide our full tag for mining given that this option is already in parental controls and we do show up as we enter a mine. We also show up as a player when others open the add a friend option.
    To call it silly if we compare this to the mods option to turn it off is offensive. I can see the point of the whole cloak thing but patron does not signify whether you are a mod or just someone who got patron by any means. If mods can turn this off, so then should we. After all are we any less important? I can see the point you may have when a mod needs to go undercover and pretend to be a noob by hiding patron, changing to naked, and even a lower level. So why can't we have the same respect for the patron on/off option? We are forced into having this sign over our heads that says "We are rich beg from us" for supporting the game by buying cubits, or just by being reimbursed from a game error which we lost cubits earned the hard way.
  • DemonismDemonism SingaporeMember
    edited June 2016
    I don't mind my patron.
    Everytime someone begs me for cubits, I'll just tell him to beg his mum to allow him to buy cubits. :P
    Nothing wrong with buying cubits. In fact, I know friends who said that I was cheating because I buy cubits but also end up buying cubits themselves.

There should be an option to mute players. This way we can stop people from harassing us. The easy and effective way.

Can someone tell me when is double cubits? :3 I need to prepare my iTunes Gift Cards.

Also, losing -1 Cubit means Earning 1 Cubit.
    Does CD87 owe me 1 Cubit? :O
  • Not often like twice a year they do a special where you get double the cubits for the same price. This happened last summer and around cyber monday.
  • MizukiYromaMizukiYroma Member
    edited June 2016
    I wish that i am a patron XD cuz it looks like gold wings XD
  • I've only bought cubits once (5k), and now I'm stuck with the patron frames. I don't want them because I'm a self made player. This just makes it look like I cheaped my way through the game. I'm not unhappy about letting the CC servers run just a bit longer though.
  • Cortana said:

Very true.
  • I think that those fancy golden things next to the name are really cool and nice.
    Also... Can I get them with Tapjoy offers too? How much cubits I must get with Tapjoy to get these fancy things if it is available...Sorry for bad English.
  • You need to get 4k worth i think
  • At first I thought this had something to do with Patreon. Sometimes I like having the boarders, sometimes I don't...

I think that those fancy golden things next to the name are really cool and nice.
    Also... Can I get them with Tapjoy offers too? How much cubits I must get with Tapjoy to get these fancy things if it is available...Sorry for bad English.

Yes, you can use Tapjoy for this. The offer I got mine with, if my memory serves me right, was ~3,500 cubits.
  • Turnovus said:

At first I thought this had something to do with Patreon. Sometimes I like having the boarders, sometimes I don't...

I think that those fancy golden things next to the name are really cool and nice.

Yes, you can use Tapjoy for this. The offer I got mine with, if my memory serves me right, was ~3,500 cubits.
    Thanks!
  • What is the main point of patron? MAke you look rich? NOPE I SAY NO MORE PATRON.
    When you do tapjoy but your broke as in really broke on cubits but ppl ask you for some D:
  • lisklisk Member

What is the main point of patron? MAke you look rich? NOPE I SAY NO MORE PATRON.
    When you do tapjoy but your broke as in really broke on cubits but ppl ask you for some D:

You obviously don't get it. The point of patron is show people that you support the game and keep the servers running. I personally enjoy having patron and nobody has asked me for cubits because of it.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator

What is the main point of patron? MAke you look rich? NOPE I SAY NO MORE PATRON.

Cortana explained it well.
    Cortana said:

^ If players had that, the meaning of the patron tag would be lost. It's there to show that you're supporting the game and it's developers.

If others have the wrong idea about the patron markings, tell them what they are for. Tell them it is to show that you support the game, and not to show you are rich.
    x said:

You obviously don't get it. The point of patron is show people that you support the game and keep the servers running. I personally enjoy having patron and nobody has asked me for cubits because of it.
    I believe he did get it. He is against it and he asked the question so he could insert his answer. He knows what it is for.

Patron is a misleading symbol of support. You can have patron if you do one offer and not even get that much cubits, or you can buy one million cubits. The players don't know which you are and always jump to the extreme and assume you are in fact rich. This is why we are targets of beggars.

AshiMagari said it best "The patron insignia is a double-edged sword, and some people would rather not wield it all the time."

I love to support but it is a huge magnet for beggars and it does get in the way while mining.

Don't get rid of it, but rather let us decide if the flag flies.
  • CD87CD87 Member
    This discussion was supposed to end weeks ago, why did we bring it up and continue arguing? Make it end here!

*summons the king of feather hats - @BJDware
This discussion has been closed.