Buying packs for profit?

I just got the second fashionista perk, and a lot of cubits. So I was wondering if it would be good to buy some packs, and how much profit you get from it. Also, which packs are the best to open?
And a question to the moderators or developers: when will there be a new event pack in the c store? So I can save it for then.
Feel free to share your experience with buying packs.

Comments

• PEgamingPEgaming Member
    edited June 2016
    Don't.
    Lemme give ya one of my experiences.
    I got 25k
    I bought hat packs.
    The best thing I got was a police cap.
    I had Fashionita 2.

Packs =/= profitable.
    Even if you get stuff like press hats, they're not even profitable, as you'll generally spend more than they are worth.

I'll give you my advice for your cubits.
    Buy Motley Sets or Balloons.
    THOSE will go up.

Also, I really think the devs should kiss the event packs goodbye. It would be more fair if a "free" concept that satisfies everyone is added.
  • StevilStevil Member
    Thanks for the quick respond. Are bunny pjs going to go up too? I'm saving up for one, because someone told me they're going to be like 50k.
  • Yes, those will go up as well, as they are in high demand.
    Just warning ya, beware of those people who try to scam you. Best idea is to take a video when buying them, as if you get fooled by the pink pants trick, then you have something to prove that you got scammed.
    It is better to wait for the textures to be changed.
    More people being scammed that way = more players quitting = less players in the game.
  • You can spend 4K on clothing packs and only get one skirt so Ye lol
  • StevilStevil Member
    PEgaming said:

Yes, those will go up as well, as they are in high demand.
    Just warning ya, beware of those people who try to scam you. Best idea is to take a video when buying them, as if you get fooled by the pink pants trick, then you have something to prove that you got scammed.
    It is better to wait for the textures to be changed.
    More people being scammed that way = more players quitting = less players in the game.

I am well aware of these scams. I always check what I'm trading, especially when it's a pjs or lvl49 pet (that gets swapped with lvl0)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Its also basacally how lucky you are, like i opened 3 wings packs and got an dark angel, butterfly and bat, but the dark made it all good. Basically you need to know when to stop
  • Same here I opened 7 wing packs and got 3 dark Angels lol back when they were 25k+
  • StevilStevil Member
    Hmm I don't think I'm going to take too many risks. It often gets me angry when Im not lucky XD
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Stevil said:

Hmm I don't think I'm going to take too many risks. It often gets me angry when Im not lucky XD

The best ways to make a profit on clothing items are to:

1. Buy from another player for a good price, and sell for a slight mark-up.

2. Buy expensive, limited items, and wait for them to increase in value. Any wearables from holiday or event packs are almost guaranteed to rise. The rarer the better (ex: wuvvva shirts are limited, but so common they will likely never rise in price, but items like the Krampus that started out as 50k ish is now almost 500k)
  • Do you guys think the Grande Dame wigs will go up in price?
  • Archevix said:

Do you guys think the Grande Dame wigs will go up in price?

Nope
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    rien-sama said:

Archevix said:

Do you guys think the Grande Dame wigs will go up in price?

Nope
    Agreed. Basically, as long as you can still obtain an item from the cubit store, it will not increase in value. It's only after it is gone that the price will rise.