Payaways: scam?

If you do a payaway with warp food, and it's not fake, is it considered as scamming? Can someone say you can win pets and other special things, but actually give you noob hats? I was thinking about doing a payaway too, because it gets you a lot of c in a short time, but it's not really fair for the costumers.
What do you people think?

Comments

• Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    Just don't do Payaways in general. The more people do them the more others will...
  • MoxxiechuMoxxiechu Prolly some ocean (FL.)Member
    edited June 2016
    Stevil said:

I was thinking about doing a payaway too, because it gets you a lot of c in a short time,

Some players do payaways to to get rid of their junk hats and clear clothing storage; and in the process they make a quick buck or two (cubits).

When doing a pay-away, there's a difference between scamming, and having a legit one.
    I personally don't feel that pay-aways are BAD persee.
    (I've participated in a few of them myself.)

But it can spark some players to "over-take" a situation and turn it into a scam.

---

However, payaways can come at a price.
    Depending on how certain players go about hosting them.

- Hosting a payaway can be risky because some players will feel the need to assume it as a scam:
    It can give you a bad name for an unnecessary reason.

- Being involved in a payaway is a gamble and you might not make much of a profit

It's essentially becomes trade, it's just not everyone's entitled to getting a hat that's less than/equal to the amount of cubits their putting in.

---

Not every payaway is a scam.
    --->However, I don't feel like there should be a charge for 100-500+ on cubits for a hat giveaway when those hats aren't worth nearly as much. (20-50c.)

Seeing a payaway like that is what can make them look sketchy.

• You could do pays ways just make it a cheap price for noobs and all that to make it seem fair
  • I saw a payaway with a police hat. He was asking for 500c but I somehow glitch jumped over a block that was very high..... And got the hat, the owner said give me back I'll report u so I did xD
  • StevilStevil Member

Stevil said:

- Hosting a payaway can be risky because some players will feel the need to assume it as a scam:
    It can give you a bad name for an unnecessary reason.

Thats what was holding me back from hosting a payaway. I recently saw a friend do one, but the price for the entry was way higher than the items were worth.
    Since then I didn't tp to that friend anymore.
  • If anybody is doing payways for low prices, let me know